Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

6gb update available now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

why cant we have this ghost instead of our ****ty one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Loot has increased anyway I see..

Any new trophies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Any new trophies?

Nope.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Nope.

What do Bungie have against trophies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

two big, massive, unacceptable negatives from CoO.

1. You can't do the prestige leviathon raid if you don't have CoO - the raid you could do on Tuesday morning, you can't do on Tuesday night, because you don't buy the next DLC? This is taking 'on disc' dlc to a new level. Absolutely unacceptable imo.

2. The new CoO Quickplay and Competitive PVP Modes. You narrow your PvP modes down to two so that player population can be more easily managed and matched up - and come the first DLC you split your community not only into the haves and have nots, but force the 'haves' to make a selection? I just want to play PvP - I don't want to have to decide if that my choice is going to exclude x% of the population. And is it just because of the 2 (1 if you are on xbox) new map? If it is because of the map.... just let everyone have access to the map - keep player population as high as possible. If it is because of new weapons and armor.... I have to ask why? is the new stuff OP vs the old stuff? If there is a basic balance, then just let everyone play together. If a 'have not' gets killed by a gun they can't get, or are impresssed by an exotic they can't get.... firstly: so what? secondly - maybe it will encourage them to get CoO - which would be a good business move.

Just seems these decisions will completely turn off players who haven't got CoO, rather than encourage them to buy it, and will have, at best, a negative impact on the player population which is surely something you would want to avoid as a priority.

I just can't get my head around what they have done.

On CoO itself. Story seemed good enough - I'll play through it again (twice to be honest) and see if I can understand it a bit better and take it in a bit better. Not got enough new weapons to comment on them - only got the Auto off Ikora, a crap looking Rocket Launcher and a Fusion. Everything else I got was vanilla D2stuff. No new exotic. 1 day down.... no Jade Rabbit for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I saw a video this morning which suggested they have nerfed the Jade Rabbit pretty hard. No longer three taps. Not sure if it's true but it did cross my mind that Bungie may have set up a unit just to troll you. :)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I saw a video this morning which suggested they have nerfed the Jade Rabbit pretty hard. No longer three taps. Not sure if it's true but it did cross my mind that Bungie may have set up a unit just to troll you. :)

to be honest I would have been surprised if it three tapped - that would have made it very powerful in comparison to other scouts and generally other weapons in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

2. The new CoO Quickplay and Competitive PVP Modes..

What have they done? I didn't go in to PvP last night.

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    What have they done? I didn't go in to PvP last night.

there are now 4 PvP playlists.

Quickplay, CoO Quickplay, Competitive, CoO Competitive. It also feels like the CoO options are secondary to the 'main options', just going by the visual design.

I do think D1 did similar, with the 'have nots' relegated to a 'legacy' playlist - but it still feels like absolutely the wrong thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

gimli2112 wrote: »

they nerfed Telesto as well, doesn't generate orbs for teammates, doesn't have battle runner perk.

I'm not sure what Bungie's thought process is in bringing back worse versions of great D1 guns.

they nerfed Telesto as well, doesn't generate orbs for teammates, doesn't have battle runner perk.

I'm not sure what Bungie's thought process is in bringing back worse versions of great D1 guns.

That's... Weird. Especially with the master works orb creation. I could even understand of it only proc'd vs pve enemies.

On a general level, though, if some guns came back as they were it would near break the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

lol bye pvp

Yeah - I was getting wrecked by that last night. I thought it was just team shotting but seemingly that gun is very OP. Why isn't it just a solar version of Coldheart? Why is it so much more powerful?

With the way bungie work too it will be 3 months before anything (IF anything) is done about it.

I'm probably done with Destiny. Not bought the DLC and the sandbox changes indicate they're pretty happy with PvP at the moment, but its just too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Played for about 30 mins last night - Seems okay. Nice there are heroic strikes again.

There is a LOT of hate on the Bungie app Forums for CoO.

The hardcore fanboys are beyond saving at this point, can't see the forums ever returning to what they used to be.

If the game can't be saved, will Bungie just play it out for the next year or so and knock the game on the head?

If the game can't be saved, will Bungie just play it out for the next year or so and knock the game on the head?
    They have a contract with Activision, so they can't give up on Destiny anytime soon.

I don't think they can ignore Destiny 2 if Destiny 3 is going to be a thing - they need to win back fans before Destiny 3 or it could be dead in the water.

They need to be active over the next few months to see and respond to what people aren't liking - talking from end game stuff down to things like the new Coldheart thing being OP in Crucible (that needs to be fixed with a hotfix immediately - that is trials destroying sh1t right there).

Maybe Destiny 2 can't be saved (I disagree, I think there are many obvious things they could do that would have a huge impact) but they have to try their very best to save it - regardless of the outcome. Financially, contractually, they just have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

AdamD wrote: »

lol bye pvp

I thought the cold heart was annoying in pvp, loads on reddit about this gun melting. Loved that line "Tell them to line up faster!"

Got myself the spider grenade launcher last night, really enjoy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

lol bye pvp

I was just thinking it would be great if they brought Y1 Vex Mythoclast back - well I guess they did :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was just thinking it would be great if they brought Y1 Vex Mythoclast back - well I guess they did :pac:

If ever a gun was to win the "What were they thinking?" award, it's the Year 1 Mythoclast. Remember running round thinking I was a youtuber and this was after they nerfed it at least once.

This gun looks even more OP than the Mytho tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This gun looks even more OP than the Mytho tbh

It really does. Have watched a couple vids on it now, and oh boy. Trials will probably be a no go this weekend. The gun looks like it would be great for Calus, but for PvP it's just madness.

As Syboit says, Coldheart was super annoying in PvP. Recall running 4 Coldhearts at launch in Crucible and it just wasn't fair. It got to the point where if the other team weren't running Coldheart, we'd swap it out for a normal gun. But Heartburn just looks too insane in comparison. I dread to think of 4 of the ba$tard things running around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I hope they don't nerf it tbh, nice to have a powerful gun again. Just pull it out of PvP availability.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Or wait and see wat other OP guns are there first before complaining :pac:

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Or wait and see wat other OP guns are there first before complaining :pac:

Erm? I think its incredibly obvious from watching 20 seconds of that weapon that there's an issue

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Erm? I think its incredibly obvious from watching 20 seconds of that weapon that there's an issue

Man weapons been OP will always be there... it is destiny after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I heard there is a Red Death HC.. That true?
    Anyone got it / seen it?

Decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'm probably done with Destiny. Not bought the DLC and the sandbox changes indicate they're pretty happy with PvP at the moment, but its just too slow.

Played a bit last night and felt similar. Shame as I absolutely loved D1 PVP and PVE, but it's all too much a departure from what I actually enjoyed about the original.

• Advertisement

I heard there is a Red Death HC.. That true?
    Anyone got it / seen it?

Decent?

That shoots in a 3 burst.

So it was a pulse the looked like an auto.

Now its a pulse that looks like a hand cannon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement