Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Not Will Hughes!

Will Hughes is sooooo Prodston its almost a cliché......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

FHFC wrote: »
    By the way. A dead team is 9th in the world in FPL.

We can all go home now. Our lives are pointless.. :(

Gas. Looks like he was making an attempt at topping GW1 judging by players picked then abandoned it or went on to create new teams every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Evening boardsies. Been neglecting you which is surprising since I was a posting freak most of the time. Been foruming and twittering a lot less this season, although I've got roped into an FPL Whatsapp group which keeps me informed!

No idea how everyone is doing, although I see I passed Busts out this week, the main reason I'm checking back in really. :D:D

Any chance you could pick a captain for me this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Foster

Tarkowski
    van Dijk
    Daniels

Salah
    Doucouré
    Hazard
    Sané
    Loftus-Cheek

Kane
    Morata

Substitutes

Dunk
    Lowton
    McBurnie

I refuse to believe that this team wont score well for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

threein99 wrote: »
    Foster

Tarkowski
    van Dijk
    Daniels

Salah
    Doucouré
    Hazard
    Sané
    Loftus-Cheek

Kane
    Morata

Substitutes

Dunk
    Lowton
    McBurnie

Similarly balanced team to myself 3-5-2

I have Hazard, Kane, Morata and Salah as well.
    I am torn between Kane and Hazard.
    Hazard well rested and nearly got a few assists in his cameo the last day
    Salah can he get a brace every week?
    Kane Spurs laboured but he still scored the last game.

I expect spurs to bounce back v watford as they cannot be that bad again.
    Plus Watford seem to be a very open team so I am leaning towrads Kane.

Hazard is up against a Newcastle team who have shown that they can make it diffiuclt for teams to break them down - if there are no early goals.

Looks like Kane captain over Hazard...?
    Feel free to repost this if I am way wrong! :eek:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

elefant wrote: »
    806 vs 613

Transfer wizard.
    I would like if they did one where it showed what you would have got if you did not wildcard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

threein99 wrote: »

I said the same last week and had my second worst week of the season. Sometimes the team that looks best on paper does terribly!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭siblers

PVA wrote: »
    I said the same last week and had my second worst week of the season. Sometimes the team that looks best on paper does terribly!

Yep, had plenty of gameweeks this season where my players had superb fixtures and ended up doing average at best. My few good gameweeks came from two or three players getting very good scores and the rest getting 1/2/3 points

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I also said this
    And the week before

But I also think it this week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Azpilicueta could replace Antonio Rudiger and play alongside Andreas Christensen and Gary Cahill in the three-man defence, though he could also be an option at left wing-back should Antonio Conte want to hand a rest to Marcos Alonso.

Well... f**k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Similarly balanced team to myself 3-5-2

I have Hazard, Kane, Morata and Salah as well.
    I am torn between Kane and Hazard.
    Hazard well rested and nearly got a few assists in his cameo the last day
    Salah can he get a brace every week?
    Kane Spurs laboured but he still scored the last game.

I expect spurs to bounce back v watford as they cannot be that bad again.
    Plus Watford seem to be a very open team so I am leaning towrads Kane.

Hazard is up against a Newcastle team who have shown that they can make it diffiuclt for teams to break them down - if there are no early goals.

Looks like Kane captain over Hazard...?
    Feel free to repost this if I am way wrong! :eek:

I have been having a disaster week after week. Apart from one recent week where Salah got me 32 points I havent got my captain right since about gameweek 2 or 3

I got 39 points mid week. I captained Hazard after taking a hit to get him in, had Morata, Sane, Van Djyk :(

Theres a woman in work whos son picked her team on week 1 and hasnt made a single transfer and is 81 points clear of me with 730 points :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Kane or Salah. Torn

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Captaining Augero and if he is benched am getting rid, can't take this heartache every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I literally have the exact same team as Mark Sutherns but I have Courtois and Femenia to his Pope and Dann. Gonna have the same XI but for the keepers. He's going Kane(C) not sure whether to copy or go Hazard (C)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Kane or Salah. Torn

Had Salah captain last week then changed to Kane last minute due to rotation... I was right for about 75 minutes!

Kane cap this week with Salah vice. Maybe I'll swap to Salah last minute this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Bit of a long shot but anyone any idea on the Niasse situation if he's likely to start or not? Can't see much online and not too clued in on Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Evening boardsies. Been neglecting you which is surprising since I was a posting freak most of the time. Been foruming and twittering a lot less this season, although I've got roped into an FPL Whatsapp group which keeps me informed!

No idea how everyone is doing, although I see I passed Busts out this week, the main reason I'm checking back in really. :D:D

Any chance you could pick a team for me :p?

Been away for work a lot in these last 2 and a half month, which is great, but it seems all my recent FPL efforts are only going in one direction... Not the right one.
    Somehow Peter Crouch has been mentioned more than is reasonable (once would be more than reasonable).
    Peter Crouch. Glad you haven't changed Mr P.
    Don't worry I didn't get him,
    He's my 3rd (bench fodder) striker. Maybe that explains the above :pac:...

---

BTW, back on topic, I'm half-tempted by Sané... Could be genius or ignoramus but after all the 1 pt captain has become a habit of mine this year :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    BTW, back on topic, I'm half-tempted by Sané... Could be genius or ignoramus but after all the 1 pt captain has become a habit of mine this year :pac:...

Jeez... not even that I can manage... I'm really gone :pac:...

Bit of a long shot but anyone any idea on the Niasse situation if he's likely to start or not? Can't see much online and not too clued in on Everton.

It is implied that he will struggle to get back in the team since Everton played really well the last game and there is the big Sam factor?
    Will Niasse suit his style?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Next week looks like one of those good weeks (on paper) for cheap clean sheets.

Burnley/Watford
    Swansea/West Brom
    Palace/Bournemouth
    Huddersfield/Brighton
    Newcastle/Leicester

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »

Burnley/Watford
    Swansea/West Brom
    Palace/Bournemouth
    Huddersfield/Brighton
    Newcastle/Leicester

A lot of my defenders playing each other
    They will all end one all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Holgate getting game time at Everton under Big Sam- 4.2m hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Burnley/Watford
    Swansea/West Brom
    Palace/Bournemouth
    Huddersfield/Brighton
    Newcastle/Leicester

Can't wait for match of the day

I want to move to 352 and this idea came to me . What about 352 with the front 3 of Kane,niasse and DCL and bench the Everton striker that least likely to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Burnley/Watford
    Swansea/West Brom
    Palace/Bournemouth
    Huddersfield/Brighton
    Newcastle/Leicester

Time to get on the under 2.5 accumulator :p
    A pity the Speroni/Hennessy conundrum is no clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I want to move to 352 and this idea came to me . What about 352 with the front 3 of Kane,niasse and DCL and bench the Everton striker that least likely to start.
    I'm doing 352 at the moment but have Morata and Firmino instead of Kane and Everton forward. I'll probably bring in DCL as my sub 3rd striker too.

Not sure about having the 2 Everton forwards as it leaves you with 14 starting players over Christmas which isn't ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How's that Edgbaston bloke getting on this year?

He was a very popular character on here in terms of tracking his progress over the last few years, but I haven't heard him mentioned at all this season.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm doing 352 at the moment but have Morata and Firmino instead of Kane and Everton forward. I'll probably bring in DCL as my sub 3rd striker too.

Not sure about having the 2 Everton forwards as it leaves you with 14 starting players over Christmas which isn't ideal.

Ye that's the flaw with it . I've wanted to go Kane and 2 cheapies for weeks as I much prefer the mids over the more expensive strikers. However im finding it very hard to find the cheap strikers.

How's that Edgbaston bloke getting on this year?

He was a very popular character on here in terms of tracking his progress over the last few years, but I haven't heard him mentioned at all this season.

Fhfc was stalking him. I think he struggled last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Why so bullish on Everton?
    I suppose them 2 for 10M against Rooney 7.5 and a 4.5......so what does the 2M extra do for your?
    I'm struggling to see the plan.

Advertisement