Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hey guys, will anyone in the Tralee area do me a solid and Collect a Zoomer Chimp for me before close of business tomorrow.

It's all my small one wants for Christmas and I just drove to all my three local Argos in Cork and they're all sold out so this was the nearest I could reserve.

If all comes to all I'll drive.

I'll transfer the money via PayPal or revolut immediately for the item and p&p or parcel motel.

I know it's a long shot but it's worth a try.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Ryath

Panasonic Breadmaker
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4009186.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057

Seems pretty decent price. ~€125 on amazon but you have to use parcel motel.
    Tempted, used to use an aldi one a good bit but the paddles for it went awol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭honda boi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Hey guys, will anyone in the Tralee area do me a solid and Collect a Zoomer Chimp for me before close of business tomorrow.

It's all my small one wants for Christmas and I just drove to all my three local Argos in Cork and they're all sold out so this was the nearest I could reserve.

I'll transfer the money via PayPal or revolut immediately for the item and p&p or parcel motel.

Thanks.

If you've no offers by this afternoon I might be able to help you out. What part of the world are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

honda boi wrote: »

They had an LG 49inch for €369 yesterday + your tenner voucher, that was a steal

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    If you've no offers by this afternoon I might be able to help you out. What part of the world are you in?

I'd really appreciate that thanks. I'm in Cobh in Cork. Willing to travel obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 4oyo

The only watch Argos delivered today was a refund.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

honda boi wrote: »

Can’t reserve even though it says available to order for pickup

I'd really appreciate that thanks. I'm in Cobh in Cork. Willing to travel obviously.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Thanks.

my 10 cent worth, as someone who has bought the zoomer dog, cat and monkey, they really are a big waste of money, and even if they work (long periods of just sitting blinking) this held my kids attention for about 2 days and then got forgotten about.

probably just about worth the chance at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Did anyone get their refund yet for the watch? Not talking to ye that didn't get the cancellation text and are of course getting their watches :D

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    PM sent.

Guys I just want to say a massive thank you to iwillhtfu for going above and beyond today in the true spirit of bargain alerts.

He collected the Zoomer Chimp for me in Tralee for no other reason but to help someone out and make a child happy this Christmas.

That's his good deed done for this Christmas and I hope he has all the luck in the world for it because he deserves it for being such a nice guy.

Thanks again mate, if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Merry Christmas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

cefh17 wrote: »
    Did anyone get their refund yet for the watch? Not talking to ye that didn't get the cancellation text and are of course getting their watches :D

Refund hit my credit card in the last 15 minutes.
    No correspondence whatsoever from Argos relating to the order- other than the initial confirmation e-mail.........

Not a bother mate I've had my fair share of luck. I'm only balancing the karma scales.

Happy to help out and sure what's a community without a bit of spirit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Refund hit my credit card in the last 15 minutes.
    No correspondence whatsoever from Argos relating to the order- other than the initial confirmation e-mail.........

I had it with an oven during the year theyre terms and conditions state they'll try contact you if they cant get you they deem it cancelled

Cruel world :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

They had an LG 49inch for €369 yesterday + your tenner voucher, that was a steal

got a refrence for this mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

hearsay wrote: »
    got a refrence for this mate?

Gone up to 400 now http://checkargos.com/product/6989417

• Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Not a great buy
    No 4k on it

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Are any of the TV providers selling 4k content apart from Netflix?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Zoomer chimp on adverts now for €110
    Didn’t take long

Saw that, some one put them straight though in comments haha.. Checky deckers though..

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Are any of the TV providers selling 4k content apart from Netflix?

4k/hdr is the way forward and the TVs start very cheap
    Currently I’m
    Streaming 4k on Netflix
    Streaming 4k on Plex
    Using 4k for Xbox one x
    BBC iPlayer is going hdr

Saw that, some one put them straight though in comments haha.. Checky deckers though..

€110 is taking the p*** really

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

4k/hdr is the way forward and the TVs start very cheap
    Currently I’m
    Streaming 4k on Netflix
    Streaming 4k on Plex
    Using 4k for Xbox one x
    BBC iPlayer is going hdr

Are sky/virgin or Eir offering any 4k content?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Sky Q UHD stuff? BT Sports have a 4K channel too I think..

Re. smartwatch, refunds came to my account yesterday. It was first time I have ordered an online product from Argos, was surprised that there is no obvious way to track orders online...

Not sure, I cut sky off over a year ago, much cheaper streaming everything these days, got myself a shield box thanks to bargain alerts
    49” lg hdr/4k is around €530 in last time I looked

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

€110 is taking the p*** really

Complete greed, obvious they got it for 33 yoyo, but they are sticking to full price according to comments.. Fair enough, trying to make a few extra Bob outta something but the price suggests greed to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭honda boi

xabi wrote: »
    Just reserved it, was giving errors yesterday

Reserved meself.
    Cheapest price around for a 55inch

• Advertisement

great tv, i paid 650 for the 49 inch recently
    lg smart function is great, i have mine set for uk so bbc itv channel 5 players all working away on it
    i had samsung before and thats terrible in comparison

Advertisement