Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

well i ordered the 4g version. fingers crossed.

Expecting a cancellation email but worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭brevity

I'm in as well - got the 4g one.

Now we play the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Ryath

dulpit wrote: »
    So if everyone could now say nothing else about those watches until they get sent, that'd be sound*

*They will never be sent :-(

And hoping there's no one who ordered several of them to flip. :mad: I'd say they're often the reason when orders are cancelled and prices not honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Got an email saying they'll call me today regarding delivery, so we should know before the end of the day anyways

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ryath wrote: »
    And hoping there's no one who ordered several of them to flip. :mad: I'd say they're often the reason when orders are cancelled and prices not honoured.

I ordered one- as it would make a nice present.
    If they end up giving me my 48 quid back- so be it, I'll not shed a tear.
    Its £229 on the .co.uk website and widely available at 189-199 online.
    The 30, probably should be 300 (I guess) and someone has made a boo-boo.
    Either way- at 48 quid including delivery- you're hardly going to order several on spec- I know my credit card wouldn't be up to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

Theyve just shown up an a facebook "bargain" group as well so 100s of orders going in now I would say.

Best thing to do if you see something like this is say nothing. I would rather hear of a Boardsie getting 1 for themselves then spreading the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Ryath

you're hardly going to order several on spec- I know my credit card wouldn't be up to it!

You and me mightn't but there's plenty out there who will try an make a quick buck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ordered 2 by mistake (first order said there was an error, but got 2 emails). In the extremely extremely remote chance they actually honour this - I'll post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

In for a penny, in for €48..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Same just ordered fingers crossed now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

No chance these will be honoured now that they've hit Facebook. How long will it take for the money to be refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

How many orders they letting thru... Between here with regular posters and with leechers here and then the FB page with tonnes of ppl with even probably more leechers....
    Can't see it been honoured... Hope it does though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

hotshots85 wrote: »
    Theyve just shown up an a facebook "bargain" group as well so 100s of orders going in now I would say.

Best thing to do if you see something like this is say nothing. I would rather hear of a Boardsie getting 1 for themselves then spreading the news.

There will be several Del Boy wannabes there. There will be tonnes of orders and it'll definitely cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Of course it won't be honoured.. the logic of Bargain Alert's misprices is: "assumed it'll be cancelled, but it's a bonus when it's not.."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

And it's gone outta stock......

Now we wait...........

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

Basq wrote: »
    Of course it won't be honoured.. the logic of Bargain Alert's misprices is: "assumed it'll be cancelled, but it's a bonus when it's not.."

At these times I picture a website manager sitting back laughing at the orders coming in, wondering how long he will leave people in thinking "maybe i'll get it" , all the while hovering over a big red "Send cancellation emails" button. In my head its Hank Scorpio.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭brevity

Yup.

There is 0 chance of this being honoured.

At these times I picture a website manager sitting back laughing at the orders coming in, wondering how long he will leave people in thinking "maybe i'll get it" , all the while hovering over a big red "Send cancellation emails" button. In my head its Hank Scorpio.

Na Hank Scorpio was cool I'd say mr burns

Said would be notified today so at least we know quick enough rather than waiting a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Marked as out of stock at the "local warehouse". Good luck to those who got an order in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

JDxtra wrote: »
    Marked as out of stock at the "local warehouse". Good luck to those who got an order in!

I'm getting an invalid link now...

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

They would only have a handful available regardless of misprices. The very first few may get lucky but the hundreds if not thousands (myself included) who have now ordered have no hope! Still though, worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bigguns2

Nintendo 3DS XL SNES Edition - Grey 759/6256

I have one of these reserved in Clonmel if someone wants it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Hococop wrote: »
    Said would be notified today so at least we know quick enough rather than waiting a week

"We will contact you by Tuesday 28 November 2017 to arrange a convenient date and time for your delivery (except items delivered by post)"

The only contact I'm expecting is a cancellation email :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I ordered too before the link was pulled down, I had just spotted it on the checkargos site. I HIGHLY doubt it will be honoured. But no harm in trying.....
    Aside from that though the Agros registration process seems crap. No need to confirm email account and the address entry is confusing....I could have sworn I entered my billing address correctly and then entered my work address for delivery. However when the order went through it listed my billing address as delivery address. Moot point though I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Still no cancellation email so far anyway. usually picked up on by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I got 2 x £5 off vouchers yesterday from the UK site. One was subject to a £40 min spend but no minimum with the other. Its online only but items are paid for with Paypal and can be picked up in local store within 7 days so I got a nice little £12 watch for £7 which I can pick up tomorrow when collecting a reserved TV bought in Black Friday sale.

They're also giving a £10 voucher each month with no min spend. I forgot about the October one but made use of the Nov. voucher and there's another on the way for December.

One of the advantages of living close to the border

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

muffler wrote: »
    One of the advantages of living close to the border

And washed diesel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

xpletiv wrote: »
    Still no cancellation email so far anyway. usually picked up on by now!

Don't get your hopes up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Managed to get in on the 4g version. Just waiting for the cancellation now.

Advertisement