Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,400 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Got 2 emails confirming order. Got 1 cancellation text, and have a missed call from Argos's UK number.

3cb68e606849c196aa7f6f075e9f3beaec51ff2a62eae36677196313e0afe90a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

The best you can hope for is some young efficent person who hates their job posting them out quick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

No text or email but got the automated call to my home phone number. Ah well......

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

fdevine wrote: »
    No text or email but got the automated call to my home phone number. Ah well......

Is that 000044335 number? Just saw it now, no message left on landline and no text email to my mobile phone.

I'll expect my watch soon so 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Med101007

There was a great PS4 console bundle offer available on Argos a couple of days ago but I cant seem to find it now. It was a PS4 500Gb + FIFA 18 + GT Sport for €249.99.
    Does anyone know if this deal is available anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭bladespin

Seems to have been a hike in prices over the past few days, looking at some of the fitness gear and it's all gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,101 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

bladespin wrote: »
    Seems to have been a hike in prices over the past few days, looking at some of the fitness gear and it's all gone up.

just in time for it to be then "reduced" for the sale..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

everlast75 wrote: »

That's why I love checkargos and camelcamelcamel for Amazon. It's great to see how they increase the price before a sale. Wouldn't have been as noticeable if it wasn't for those sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

That zoomer monkey in Argos BA, anyone else not being able to reserve it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

vicwatson wrote: »

Seems to be Argos new thing when they spot a misprice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭bladespin

everlast75 wrote: »

Did cross my mind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Deub

How do you track your order on Argos Ireland?

Yeah can purchase instore, loads around picked one up earlier today,

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Check the Argos UK site and you'll see this "NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    Sorry, we don’t stock this item anymore. We might have something similar though – keep shopping to find out"

Same would apply here but its just they arent as open about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Deub wrote: »
    How do you track your order on Argos Ireland?

You're not getting the smartwatch you know that right?

muffler wrote: »
    Check the Argos UK site and you'll see this "NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    Sorry, we don’t stock this item anymore. We might have something similar though – keep shopping to find out"

Same would apply here but its just they arent as open about it.
    They have been priced at 25 for weeks on uk site hence they sold out, they were 169 here yesterday, the shops are full of them, my local had 5 in stock and few weeks ago when they reduced on UK site I checked stock levels in Ireland and all shops were full of them. Have been keeping an eye on em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Deub

You're not getting the smartwatch you know that right?

It is a pity. I ordered 50 to put them in my Christmas tree so I could have a flashing tree when someone called me....

seriously though, you have to call their Customer service to track your order?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Kuva wrote: »
    Seems to be Argos new thing when they spot a misprice

Spoke to a lady in argos when picking up mine and she said it’s not a mistake in pricing

The internet isn’t for everyone

Zoomer chimp on adverts now for €110
    Didn’t take long

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Zoomer chimp on adverts now for €110
    Didn’t take long

It’s available for home delivery only now

• Advertisement

3 In cork city earlier store earlier, if you go to argos the staff can check what stock is around and reserve one for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭pah

So... in relation to the huawei watch I didn't get any kind of email or call. no confirmation email originally and no follow up email but they have taken the money from my account??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Med101007 wrote: »
    There was a great PS4 console bundle offer available on Argos a couple of days ago but I cant seem to find it now. It was a PS4 500Gb + FIFA 18 + GT Sport for €249.99.
    Does anyone know if this deal is available anymore?

I've been tracking the ps4 deals and I never saw the one you mention. I saw the 500gb plus Fifa 18 and the 500gb plus gt Sport. I would have bought the one you mention straight away if it was there. Ended up getting the star wars one 500gb 249.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

OmegaGene wrote: »
    3 In cork city earlier store earlier, if you go to argos the staff can check what stock is around and reserve one for you

So you've to search instore only then drive around to buy and collect?
    The bast55555555rds

So you've to search instore only then drive around to buy and collect?
    The bast55555555rds

Pretty much yes, can’t reserve online so I took a spin to Mahon point on the off chance, they might reserve on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

pah wrote: »
    So... in relation to the huawei watch I didn't get any kind of email or call. no confirmation email originally and no follow up email but they have taken the money from my account??

You're getting the watch baby!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

pah wrote: »

Ditto......
    If they are refunding the money- it can take 5-7 working days to return it to you (depending on which bank you're with). I had no idea of the going rate for the huawei watch when I bought it- it just seemed like good value to me- if they give me my money back- fine, nothing ventured, nothing gained- but if they're not going to give it to me- it would at least be polite to let me know what its not going to be shipped. Not sure how/why some people got txts, e-mails and phone calls cancelling- and others, myself included, got nothing from Argos on this- whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Showing as unavailable for home delivery for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It's there a place to view products and sort by discount on Argos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Benzino wrote: »
    It's there a place to view products and sort by discount on Argos?

https://pricescanner.ie/

Advertisement