Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    ballymore were to schedule a meeting between the residents and Joule, the company who installed the heating in the houses.
    It was supposed to be November, but thats not going to happen now.

I emailed about it and got the impression they are waiting for joule to arrange it, which wont happen.

Would people mind emailing the ballymore site office to request this meeting with Joule?

With the colder weather now here, it would be good to know exactly how the heating works, what i can change and what i should leave alone.

Thanks,

Emailed there. I remember it being mentioned to me alright but havent heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

Ken c wrote: »
    Hi,

We are going to be moving in in the new year and we are just trying to get flooring lined up at the minute. We are thinking of putting wooden floors downstairs and carpet everywhere else.

We aren't sure what tone of wood will go well with the kitchen. If anyone could share photos of what they did that'd be really helpful.

Thanks!

sent a PM
    Wouldn't mind these too if you don't mind. Does anyone have the floor areas for an Ash type house for each room? Trying to measure up for flooring before moving in... Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

anyone have to bleed the upstairs radiators?

downstairs one's heat pretty quickly but upstairs don't and there's a lot of noise in the topmost radiators when they come on in the morning, which i think is bubbles or air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

anyone have to bleed the upstairs radiators?

downstairs one's heat pretty quickly but upstairs don't and there's a lot of noise in the topmost radiators when they come on in the morning, which i think is bubbles or air.

I did mine about two months ago, but I discovered that the system doesn't automatically top up the amount of water in the central heating loop hence the noise.

I contacted the plumbing and heating installer for instructions and they popped round next day and sorted it out because they happened to be on site at the time. However I wasn't at home when they did so but I was told that there is a so called fill loop with a tap on the main heating tank. It needs to be briefly opened until the gauge pressure is restored to close to the arrow Mark on the gauge.

I can't recall right now what the pressure required is. I think maybe you need to do this while the heating is of. I would recommend contacting them for the full steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I did mine about two months ago, but I discovered that the system doesn't automatically top up the amount of water in the central heating loop hence the noise.

I contacted the plumbing and heating installer for instructions and they popped round next day and sorted it out because they happened to be on site at the time. However I wasn't at home when they did so but I was told that there is a so called fill loop with a tap on the main heating tank. It needs to be briefly opened until the gauge pressure is restored to close to the arrow Mark on the gauge.

I can't recall right now what the pressure required is. I think maybe you need to do this while the heating is of. I would recommend contacting them for the full steps.

If you manage to get the full steps off them it would be good to post it here if you can. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

contentRedirection?querySuffix=%3FviewBox%3D558%2C745&ownerId=A1I9TNHJ4FIV8T&cb=1511958007734
    contentRedirection?querySuffix=%3FviewBox%3D558%2C745&ownerId=A1I9TNHJ4FIV8T&cb=1511958363436
    contentRedirection?querySuffix=%3FviewBox%3D558%2C745&ownerId=A1I9TNHJ4FIV8T&cb=1511957682916
    contentRedirection?querySuffix=%3FviewBox%3D558%2C745&ownerId=A1I9TNHJ4FIV8T&cb=1511957683810

1) The pressure Gauge
    2) The filling loop valve
    3) Additional opening valve for filling
    4) Heat pump return

Link to Boiler overview image.

A) You have to check the pressure gauge, the position of the red hand is fixed, the black hand underneath needs to be in line with the red one.

B) If it's not in line with the red one you need to open (2) The filling loop valve

C) If nothing happens to your pressure it is because the (3) additional valve is closed, use a screw driver to open that, that can be left open

D) Repeat step B

E) If you put too much pressure in use (4) Heat pump return to release it.

P.S. the heating doesn't need to be off when doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

Just wanted to throw it out here but is anyone in a Heron having trouble with draft through windows in the master bedroom?

Is Pelletstown in Ashtown? If not, where is the border?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Keithchap wrote: »
    contentRedirection?querySuffix=%3FviewBox%3D558%2C745&ownerId=A1I9TNHJ4FIV8T&cb=1511958007734
    contentRedirection?querySuffix=%3FviewBox%3D558%2C745&ownerId=A1I9TNHJ4FIV8T&cb=1511958363436
    contentRedirection?querySuffix=%3FviewBox%3D558%2C745&ownerId=A1I9TNHJ4FIV8T&cb=1511957682916
    contentRedirection?querySuffix=%3FviewBox%3D558%2C745&ownerId=A1I9TNHJ4FIV8T&cb=1511957683810

1) The pressure Gauge
    4) Heat pump return

A) You have to check the pressure gauge, the position of the red hand is fixed, the black hand underneath needs to be in line with the red one.

B) If it's not in line with the red one you need to open (2) The filling loop valve

C) If nothing happens to your pressure it is because the (3) additional valve is closed, use a screw driver to open that, that can be left open

D) Repeat step B

very helpful, thank you!

When bleeding the radiators, is there any particular instructions, i.e start at top of the house or vice versa?

My pressure is only 2 notches above zero, so it needs a good top up, prob need to bleed them to get air out when doing this.

very helpful, thank you!

When bleeding the radiators, is there any particular instructions, i.e start at top of the house or vice versa?

My pressure is only 2 notches above zero, so it needs a good top up, prob need to bleed them to get air out when doing this.

You're very welcome.

Bring a bowl or a cloth so you don't spray water everywhere:-). I assume air will travel up in a system so start at ground level and work your way up, although I don't think that would actually make any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

elTenedor wrote: »
    Just wanted to throw it out here but is anyone in a Heron having trouble with draft through windows in the master bedroom?

We had the same problem with one of our windows in the master and contacted Munster Joinery, they sent out a snag fix guy who replaced the hinge and that sorted the problem. Could be a different fix for yours, but still the same guys you need to contact. I don't have their details, but I think they are in the home pack.

Other half sorted it out after I made a list.
    (We had a few stiff locks too that needed adjusting.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

1) The pressure Gauge
    4) Heat pump return

D) Repeat step B

Any chance you can rehost the pics. Can't see them.

We had the same problem with one of our windows in the master and contacted Munster Joinery, they sent out a snag fix guy who replaced the hinge and that sorted the problem. Could be a different fix for yours, but still the same guys you need to contact. I don't have their details, but I think they are in the home pack.

Other half sorted it out after I made a list.
    (We had a few stiff locks too that needed adjusting.)

Thanks a million, will get in touch with them to come take a look! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

Hi, Would anyone happen to have a snagger they recommend as well as the snag list they had/used on their Herron please?

Any chance you can rehost the pics. Can't see them.

Can you see them again now?

Can you see them again now?

So I am using Amazon to share the photo's however they don't give you a static URL so the pictures seem to come and go, they reappeared again today without me doing anything. I usually use Photobucket for linking images directly but they have decided to start charging for that. If anyone knows of any free image hosting sites that allow you to share a direct URL let me know. In the mean time I have added hyperlinks with static URL's to the post as these links can't be embedded in the page.

ballymore were to schedule a meeting between the residents and Joule, the company who installed the heating in the houses.
    It was supposed to be November, but thats not going to happen now.

I emailed about it and got the impression they are waiting for joule to arrange it, which wont happen.

Would people mind emailing the ballymore site office to request this meeting with Joule?

With the colder weather now here, it would be good to know exactly how the heating works, what i can change and what i should leave alone.

Thanks,

Emailed the site office on Tuesday about this but didn't get a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

I got a mail saying it would be mid-December for the information evening

• Registered Users Posts: 38 1dav

Hi.
    Did any of you got heat pump serviced this year. If yes What did the service involve. Would you know where is the filter for heating system? (Joule mentioned on last information meeting that it has to be cleaned).
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

So I am using Amazon to share the photo's however they don't give you a static URL so the pictures seem to come and go, they reappeared again today without me doing anything. I usually use Photobucket for linking images directly but they have decided to start charging for that. If anyone knows of any free image hosting sites that allow you to share a direct URL let me know. In the mean time I have added hyperlinks with static URL's to the post as these links can't be embedded in the page.

Thanks Keithchap, I can see them now.
    So I open the long black thing and wait or do I need to pour water in?
    Is it the screw right beside that I release if it's not working?

Sorry for being such a nuisance, just trying to make sure I get it right.

(side note - I usually go with imgur of late, seems to be the best of the current options)

• Advertisement

Thanks Keithchap, I can see them now.
    So I open the long black thing and wait or do I need to pour water in?
    Is it the screw right beside that I release if it's not working?

Sorry for being such a nuisance, just trying to make sure I get it right.

(side note - I usually go with imgur of late, seems to be the best of the current options)

No worries.

Turn the filling loop valve (No 2 in the screenshots) so it's in line with the pipe to open it, that let's in the water, you don't/can't pour water in yourself. At the same time as opening the filling loop valve watch the pressure gauge, you should see it rising, close it again once you reach the desired pressure. If it doesn't it is because the other valve (Number 3 in the screenshots) is closed, so open that too.

Thanks I'll try imgur.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

1dav wrote: »
    Hi.
    Did any of you got heat pump serviced this year. If yes What did the service involve. Would you know where is the filter for heating system? (Joule mentioned on last information meeting that it has to be cleaned).
    Thanks

We got it done earlier this week. In our case, there was a lot of air in the system, both the radiators and the boiler. This was fixed, and the most appreciable change was that the temperature in rooms without a thermostat is now 2 degrees higher than before, while keeping the same thermo levels.

The gentleman who came, however, also took off the cover of the heat pump and ran the diagnostics on the pump and the devices in the boiler room. he said he also checked all the fault codes and filters. We followed the advice from the info session last year and didn't touch anything (barely moved the thermostats throughout the year), and he said that our behavior contributed to the system being in a very good condition. So not much of a change, but it gave me a peace of mind for another year.

Note that Joule doesn't service the heating pump themselves, but they'll send you contact for their recommended service. There may be a 2-3 week wait period until they come (it was nearly 3 weeks for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Bruncvik wrote: »
    We got it done earlier this week. In our case, there was a lot of air in the system, both the radiators and the boiler. This was fixed, and the most appreciable change was that the temperature in rooms without a thermostat is now 2 degrees higher than before, while keeping the same thermo levels.

The gentleman who came, however, also took off the cover of the heat pump and ran the diagnostics on the pump and the devices in the boiler room. he said he also checked all the fault codes and filters. We followed the advice from the info session last year and didn't touch anything (barely moved the thermostats throughout the year), and he said that our behavior contributed to the system being in a very good condition. So not much of a change, but it gave me a peace of mind for another year.

Note that Joule doesn't service the heating pump themselves, but they'll send you contact for their recommended service. There may be a 2-3 week wait period until they come (it was nearly 3 weeks for me).

Yep. We have a fairly similar experience. Cost was 190 Euro and service was the next day.

6BTBfEH.jpg
    6rMKSxT.jpg
    bqrxbrj.jpg
    MzEuCUe.jpg

1) The pressure Gauge
    4) Heat pump return

D) Repeat step B

Updated using imgur.

Someone mentioned before that they got someone in to make the network connections live around the house, can't find the post now, can someone pm me a recommendation please.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jjps

Someone mentioned before that they got someone in to make the network connections live around the house, can't find the post now, can someone pm me a recommendation please.

pm just now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Bruncvik wrote: »

Would you mind sending me details of the company you used for the heat pump service?

jjps wrote: »
    pm just now

Can I get this info also please.

Would you mind sending me details of the company you used for the heat pump service?

Can I get this info also. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 jjps

cronos wrote: »
    Can I get this info also please.

Info sent :)

Advertisement