Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland shares

Options

Comments

I sold BOI shares yesterday on DAvy platform, iirc the consolidation wasn't indicated but a day or two ago the market price of zero was shown.
    In the statement the consolidated price is shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

Irish times reporting €70m put aside by Bank of Ireland for dividend to be issued early 2018.

Think that would be 6.5 cent a share

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭euroboom13

scheister wrote: »
    Irish times reporting €70m put aside by Bank of Ireland for dividend to be issued early 2018.

Think that would be 6.5 cent a share

1%:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

euroboom13 wrote: »
    1%:mad:

Key thing is that its a start. makes the share more appealing.

also another article mentioned BOI going on acquisition trail to "acquire wealth management businesses to boost its private banking arm."

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Finbarr Murphy

daheff wrote: »
    Key thing is that its a start. makes the share more appealing.

also another article mentioned BOI going on acquisition trail to "acquire wealth management businesses to boost its private banking arm."

Not sure if I would be too keen on acquisition in that direction.

• Advertisement

Not sure if I would be too keen on acquisition in that direction.

why not?

for me, so long as it increases bottom line then its an acceptable acquisition at this time. Good times are back (havent you heard???) so people have more disposable (investable) income. wealth mangers make money in the good times

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Finbarr Murphy

daheff wrote: »
    why not?

for me, so long as it increases bottom line then its an acceptable acquisition at this time. Good times are back (havent you heard???) so people have more disposable (investable) income. wealth mangers make money in the good times

Exactly but when bad times come the business will no doubt be disposed for at a loss. Best to stick to core banking with prudent criteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

I can take it that the divi is off the table now for this year. What are folks thoughts on BOI shares currently trading at €6.35. This seems like a gift horse at this price as to me Brexit and the tracker scandals look over done.
    Any opinions, should I look the horse in the mouth before I sink more funds into this?

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    I can take it that the divi is off the table now for this year. What are folks thoughts on BOI shares currently trading at €6.35. This seems like a gift horse at this price as to me Brexit and the tracker scandals look over done.
    Any opinions, should I look the horse in the mouth before I sink more funds into this?

They have dropped quite a bit in the past year or so. Not sure the tracker scandal is quite over yet. They need to get all the dirty laundry out now and get over it.

I've been bullish on BOI for a while...I'm still bullish, but would caution on them. I think they have fallen out of favour now (like most financials).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bullish as well wouldn't touch them until definitely signs of a trend reversal though.
    Let you know when I'm back in the green, I won't be doubling down, I'll be glad to get them out of my portfolio, sitting there doing nothing for to long. Better flips you could make in 1 days trading than going long on these.

• Advertisement

Pulled the trigger today on 10k shares. Looks like I may have paid the price of the day at €6.37 but what the hell, this is a 2 year hold now for me. Target price €11
    I am holding quite a few shares here now but my portfolio is still way too skewed on cryptos at the moment.

Pulled the trigger today on 10k shares. Looks like I may have paid the price of the day at €6.37 but what the hell, this is a 2 year hold now for me. Target price €11
    I am holding quite a few shares here now but my portfolio is still way too skewed on cryptos at the moment.

Mmm Yea, why would you tie up 10k for 2 years on a hunch for such little return.
    If your into some crypto I'm a little in the red on hive blockchain, aiming for a similar return but within a few weeks. Trend has revered today on it so nearly back in the green. Hive up 18% in first hour, hit a big decline in last few weeks due to a lot of shares being released but looks like that's done with now, now up 21%
    ethereum miners partner of genisis mining, 30% share holder.

http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/quote?symbol=113.1.HIVE&symbolFormat=morningstarnumeric

No I'm trying to balance my portfolio, I have have plenty of cryptos, and yes I've seen amazing returns from them over the last few years but you cannot expect that type of return from a Banking stock. As it stands a drop in the price of Bitcoin drops my portfolio by more or less the same percent so it is a case of being over exposed to them.
    Cryptos for me was like a case of when its raining Gold you don`t run outside with a cup, you pull the Bathtub out! But that cannot last forever and will pull back.
    I got into BoI originally at 15cent (roughly €4.50) so its all good so far.
    €11 as a price target is realistic and would make a good return on investment

I see you edited your buy in price :), It's down again today like most other days I look at it, i'd rebalance again and cut your losses or maybe break even tomorrow, you don't need boi shares hanging around, can't tell you why I think you should but you'll be waiting a long time to double your money.
    Hive up 35% so far today, you could have made the same in a few hours as your 2yr long play.

Yeah, I edited from 15 pence to 15 cent and added in the 30:1 consolidation in case it was a unclear.
    Its not down again today, its flat, its been sitting at this price for a few days, check the charts, hence why I bought in.
    Not bothered about hive really as I know nothing about them/it but best of luck with them.

Yeah, I edited from 15 pence to 15 cent and added in the 30:1 consolidation in case it was a unclear.

There down in my account today only by a fraction, still not convinced it's a good play but best of luck with it. New blood running the show which is good but brexit is a concern for me with the UK arm.

Seems to be a bit of a bump over the past couple of days. Anybody care to posit a reason?

Political uncertainty reducing?
    Brexit becoming (marginally) clearer?

Brexit not Brexiting after all.
    BOI having a small Mcap
    A new CEO at the helm who seems to know what she is doing
    Future looking bright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

THERE CEO just bought 13K worth of shares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

That's a minuscule amount - hardly confidence inspiring.

• Advertisement

Brexit not Brexiting after all.
    BOI having a small Mcap
    A new CEO at the helm who seems to know what she is doing
    Future looking bright

Brexit still on the cards don't think it'll happen though.

The rise in crypto/blockchain is going to disrupt financial markets especially Banking. It's basically pulling the rug from underneath them. I'm guessing it's a bit of a bubble at the moment but won't stop for another year or two. If it bursts gold will be the next bubble when money flows back into it after a market correction in shares and crypto.
    BOI I think has a rocky 2yrs ahead until we see how this all plays out.

I think cryptos will take a good few years before it completely disrupts the banking sector.
    Physical Silver is in a better position than Gold for a massive move upwards if this crash in the stock market and cryptos does happen. A lot of disillusioned holders moved out of Silver into cryptos. Once they start bagging profits they will return. Currently about $7 billion would capture the complete physical silver market.
    In the mean time I expect BOI to make strides forward from here on with a new IT infra structure, a lower cost base and a more profits

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

How do you know this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

otterj wrote: »
    How do you know this?

Insider information

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

Insider information

The guys an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Seriously considering cashing out with a 10-15% loss on original investment

I feel like I can make this loss back through buying cryptos at the moment....any thoughts

I dont see BOI returning anything decent in share price increase anytime soon. It's been static for almost 5 years

Seriously considering cashing out with a 10-15% loss on original investment

I feel like I can make this loss back through buying cryptos at the moment....any thoughts

I dont see BOI returning anything decent in share price increase anytime soon. It's been static for almost 5 years

It's trending up the last week or so, I'm €45 away from being back at break even, money's coming straight out then or going to cut my small loss in the next day or so but it's going straight into Hive Blockchain from there. Worth checking them out, share price is stuck at the moment due to a lot of dilution in shares over the last 2mts due to different financing agreements and that and may drop another little bit but it's still an ok entry point now, Genesis mining have a 30% stake in Hive and there the biggest crypto miners on the planet. Hive has been mining and hoarding the last few months. Cash flow positive, money in the banks, debt free and a safe full of coins.
    Do your own DD and check out Hive and Frank Homes, this is a little taste of what you'd be buying into https://youtu.be/LEzjhG8e64Q

Loads of other blockchains companies popping up every day but think these guys are the top pick.

Billboard here http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/bullboard/v.hive/hive-blockchain-technologies-ltd

Dilution should pass in the next few weeks then the price is going to pop back, I'd expect it to double shortly and skyrocket from there, I've been hanging in there the last couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Has this thread just descended in to shilling for small cap cryptocurrencies?

• Advertisement

Has this thread just descended in to shilling for small cap cryptocurrencies?
    I hope not, but it seems every thread is infested with ones shilling some form of crypto at the moment.

The question should I sell out here and invest in cryptos.
    BOI is in a great position if Brexit happens in its current form. It is undervalued and will be a Bank that operates inside and outside the EU.
    My original target of €11 could be very low in 2 or 3 years, it could be worth double that.
    But its a slow burner which is starting to heat up lately but it will be not be as exciting as Cryptos. My view on Cryptos is I have been to the Wedding, but I don't want to go to the funeral.

Advertisement