Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW14 Captain

• 27-11-2017 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭

Who's got your pick?

Morata for me..

GW14 Captain? 175 votes

Kane (lei)
    0% 0 votes
    Lukaku (wat)
    16% 28 votes
    Sanchez (HUD)
    1% 3 votes
    Morata (SWA)
    1% 2 votes
    Hazard (SWA)
    41% 73 votes
    Aguero (SOU)
    26% 46 votes
    Jesus (SOU)
    5% 10 votes
    Sterling (SOU)
    2% 4 votes
    Sane (SOU)
    0% 1 vote
    Salah (sto)
    0% 1 vote
    Other (please specify in thread)
    4% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I've faith in Harry. Might be something of a differential captain this week too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Toss up between Morata and Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

dsmythy wrote: »
    I've faith in Harry. Might be something of a differential captain this week too.

Same. Hoping he repays the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

A sniny new Hazzy in my team, armband will go to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Surprised Lacazette doesn't warrant inclusion considering Lukaku is in there. Toss up between him and Morata for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Surprised Lacazette doesn't warrant inclusion considering Lukaku is in there. Toss up between him and Morata for me.

Arsenal / Lacazette were brutal yesterday from flicking in and out of the live match. Ozil looks like he's off, Sanchez looked like he wants to be on a plane too. They really were toothless. Granted Burnley are a well oiled machine.

I actually think Huddersfield will beat them if they show any bit of the fight the had vs City yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hazard for me, same again the following gameweek hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Really? He's been a pretty terrible player form a FF perspective for his price, does not warrant being considered with the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Brought Morata in so giving him the armband but tempted to keep it on Kane

PARlance wrote: »
    Arsenal / Lacazette were brutal yesterday from flicking in and out of the live match. Ozil looks like he's off, Sanchez looked like he wants to be on a plane too. They really were toothless. Granted Burnley are a well oiled machine.

I actually think Huddersfield will beat them if they show any bit of the fight the had vs City yesterday.

Ozil was off alright. Off the pitch, tucked up at home in bed with illness...

Agreed on Lacazette, surprising he is still in some teams but even at that I wouldn't risk the armband on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I watched the whole thing, and Lacazette actually did quite well, only that the service wasn't as good as a result of Ozil being sick ( and the fact Burnley are quite a defensive team). If you had seen the previous game against Totenham you would see what Arsenal's attack is capable of. Huddersfield play quite an expansive game, they don't just sit back and I think that will suit Arsenal this Wednesday. Plus record at home is 100 % in PL this calendar year. I think you could see a big score from him this mid GW.
    Morzadec wrote: »
    Really? He's been a pretty terrible player form a FF perspective for his price, does not warrant being considered with the big boys.

Perhaps for his price but you could make same argument for Sanchez then. Lacazette has gotten better in every game he's played in and is still relatively new to PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hazard. He has that "look" about him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Morota

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Motorola for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Azar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

Morata Captain

Salah Vice Captain

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I'm going to call your bluff here, you didnt watch the Arsenal game at all did you??

danganabu wrote: »
    I'm going to call your bluff here, you didnt watch the Arsenal game at all did you??

I'm not sure why anyone would bluff about watching a game?? I was watching it on an app (in god knows what language) whilst also having the Connaught club football final on TV.

Ozil looks like he's off, Sanchez looked like he wants to be on a plane too.
    PVA wrote: »
    Ozil was off alright. Off the pitch, tucked up at home in bed with illness...

Off as in off to Barcelona. I.e he might be "sick" for upcoming games too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kane
    Away
    Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm risking it. Alonso.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

PARlance wrote:
    No chance. Arsenal have a great home record, they've won around 13 games in a row now I think and Huddersfield have barely scored an away goal all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Salah I reckon

Gonna keep it simple and go with Hazard although I'm tempted by Kolasinac who should get at least 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

km79 wrote: »
    Kane
    Away
    Kane

Or KAK. Which is what he has been when captained most weeks this season. And what has happened to my pants on these occasions.

I'm risking it. Alonso.

Interesting.

Swansea haven’t been scoring, or looking like scoring, recently so that could be a good shout.

You’d expect Chelsea to be camped inside their half too so increased risk of free kicks in suitable areas.

All that along with the fact he generally gets into the box quite a bit could be a great shout.

I do also own Hazard and Morata so I can’t ignore that fact but I have captained Alonso once or twice in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Gut is telling me Kane is gonna score well but form and fixture means I have it on Hazard at the moment.

Interesting.

Swansea haven’t been scoring, or looking like scoring, recently so that could be a good shout.

You’d expect Chelsea to be camped inside their half too so increased risk of free kicks in suitable areas.

All that along with the fact he generally gets into the box quite a bit could be a great shout.

I do also own Hazard and Morata so I can’t ignore that fact but I have captained Alonso once or twice in the past.

His expected points is very high this week. Banking on a clean sheet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Alvaro

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭timber train

Going for robbie kane .
    ☺☺☺10goals in 9 games in his career v the foxes. .plus 4 goals came in this away fixture last season and a assist . ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Spurs away from home.
    Has to be Kane.......
    Really tempted by Morata doh'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

How am I now considering captaining Alonso, why did I click on this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lads captaining a defender just never makes sense.

You’re relying on a clean sheet which in itself is very dangerous. Also adding the need of at least an assist really, it just isn’t good.

How am I now considering captaining Alonso, why did I click on this thread

Sorry :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

I have a sneaky suspicion Salah might be rested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

callaway92 wrote: »

You’re relying on a clean sheet which in itself is very dangerous. Also adding the need of at least an assist really, it just isn’t good.
    Well you're always relying on your captain getting something above and beyond the 2 points for starting. A clean sheet is the same points as a goal for a forward. I'd suspect the odds of a Chelsea clean sheet are similar to that of Morata scoring any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I wanna go Hazard but it feels too risky

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I wanna go Hazard but it feels too risky

Jaysus, if Hazard is risky what's Safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I feel like I've taken one of these tests before...

'Secure'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I'd feel more at ease with Kane, as in I'd lose less ground if I captained Kane and he blanked rather than if I captained Hazard and he blanked

callaway92 wrote: »

Normally I would agree, and I can't recall ever captaining a defender in 10+ years... that said, its not the worst decision in Alonso's case, he's basically a winger!

Chelsea are 8/13 to keep a clean sheet. Morata is 8/13 to score a goal

Alonso is 3/1 to score. Morata is 3/1 to score 2 (or more)

This is back of the cigarette packet maths but you see where I'm going, and this isn't factoring in assists or bonus points. It's a closer call that you would think, although Morata would shade it on the basis he's unlikely to end up on 2 points, whereas if Chelsea do concede that's a likely end score for Alonso. Both have the potential to score 10+, but Morata is the much safer bet.

If I didn't have Hazard or Morata I would consider Alosno, but it's always a gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I have Alonso so obv want him to score well but definitely captaining Morata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭siblers

amber69 wrote: »

You shut your mouth

stephenl15 wrote:
    I'd feel more at ease with Kane, as in I'd lose less ground if I captained Kane and he blanked rather than if I captained Hazard and he blanked

You sound like the Mourinho of fantasy management :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

stephenl15 wrote: »

If this poll is anything to go by Chelsea will be heavily transferred in and captained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Officer999

Going with Hazard but have a really nagging feeling that his gonna be benched.
    Really hope I'm wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

amber69 wrote: »

Agree, he's getting rested soon and this could be it.
    Mane and Firmino got the rest at the weekend, could be Salah's turn and with Lallana coming back that allows Klopp to play him or Couthinho on the left and Mane on the right to give Salah a rest.

This means I'll be going for Morata (C), Hazard (VC)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Would it be bonkers to captain Alonso?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭daheff

Fromvert wrote: »
    Agree, he's getting rested soon and this could be it.
    Mane and Firmino got the rest at the weekend, could be Salah's turn and with Lallana coming back that allows Klopp to play him or Couthinho on the left and Mane on the right to give Salah a rest.

damn you and your logic.

Salah C
    Kane VC

• Advertisement
Advertisement