Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW14 Captain

• 27-11-2017 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Who's got your pick?

Morata for me..

GW14 Captain? 175 votes

Kane (lei)
    0% 0 votes
    Lukaku (wat)
    16% 28 votes
    Sanchez (HUD)
    1% 3 votes
    Morata (SWA)
    1% 2 votes
    Hazard (SWA)
    41% 73 votes
    Aguero (SOU)
    26% 46 votes
    Jesus (SOU)
    5% 10 votes
    Sterling (SOU)
    2% 4 votes
    Sane (SOU)
    0% 1 vote
    Salah (sto)
    0% 1 vote
    Other (please specify in thread)
    4% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I've faith in Harry. Might be something of a differential captain this week too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Toss up between Morata and Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

dsmythy wrote: »
    I've faith in Harry. Might be something of a differential captain this week too.

Same. Hoping he repays the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

A sniny new Hazzy in my team, armband will go to him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Surprised Lacazette doesn't warrant inclusion considering Lukaku is in there. Toss up between him and Morata for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Surprised Lacazette doesn't warrant inclusion considering Lukaku is in there. Toss up between him and Morata for me.

Arsenal / Lacazette were brutal yesterday from flicking in and out of the live match. Ozil looks like he's off, Sanchez looked like he wants to be on a plane too. They really were toothless. Granted Burnley are a well oiled machine.

I actually think Huddersfield will beat them if they show any bit of the fight the had vs City yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hazard for me, same again the following gameweek hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Really? He's been a pretty terrible player form a FF perspective for his price, does not warrant being considered with the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Brought Morata in so giving him the armband but tempted to keep it on Kane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

PARlance wrote: »
    Arsenal / Lacazette were brutal yesterday from flicking in and out of the live match. Ozil looks like he's off, Sanchez looked like he wants to be on a plane too. They really were toothless. Granted Burnley are a well oiled machine.

I actually think Huddersfield will beat them if they show any bit of the fight the had vs City yesterday.

Ozil was off alright. Off the pitch, tucked up at home in bed with illness...

Agreed on Lacazette, surprising he is still in some teams but even at that I wouldn't risk the armband on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I watched the whole thing, and Lacazette actually did quite well, only that the service wasn't as good as a result of Ozil being sick ( and the fact Burnley are quite a defensive team). If you had seen the previous game against Totenham you would see what Arsenal's attack is capable of. Huddersfield play quite an expansive game, they don't just sit back and I think that will suit Arsenal this Wednesday. Plus record at home is 100 % in PL this calendar year. I think you could see a big score from him this mid GW.
    Morzadec wrote: »
    Really? He's been a pretty terrible player form a FF perspective for his price, does not warrant being considered with the big boys.

Perhaps for his price but you could make same argument for Sanchez then. Lacazette has gotten better in every game he's played in and is still relatively new to PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hazard. He has that "look" about him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Morota

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Alonso.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Motorola for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Azar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭scotchy

Morata Captain

Salah Vice Captain

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I'm going to call your bluff here, you didnt watch the Arsenal game at all did you??

danganabu wrote: »
    I'm going to call your bluff here, you didnt watch the Arsenal game at all did you??

I'm not sure why anyone would bluff about watching a game?? I was watching it on an app (in god knows what language) whilst also having the Connaught club football final on TV.

Ozil looks like he's off, Sanchez looked like he wants to be on a plane too.
    PVA wrote: »
    Ozil was off alright. Off the pitch, tucked up at home in bed with illness...

Off as in off to Barcelona. I.e he might be "sick" for upcoming games too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kane
    Away
    Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm risking it. Alonso.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

PARlance wrote:
    No chance. Arsenal have a great home record, they've won around 13 games in a row now I think and Huddersfield have barely scored an away goal all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Salah I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Gonna keep it simple and go with Hazard although I'm tempted by Kolasinac who should get at least 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

km79 wrote: »
    Kane
    Away
    Kane

Or KAK. Which is what he has been when captained most weeks this season. And what has happened to my pants on these occasions.

• I'm risking it. Alonso.

Interesting.

Swansea haven’t been scoring, or looking like scoring, recently so that could be a good shout.

You’d expect Chelsea to be camped inside their half too so increased risk of free kicks in suitable areas.

All that along with the fact he generally gets into the box quite a bit could be a great shout.

I do also own Hazard and Morata so I can’t ignore that fact but I have captained Alonso once or twice in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Gut is telling me Kane is gonna score well but form and fixture means I have it on Hazard at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Interesting.

Swansea haven’t been scoring, or looking like scoring, recently so that could be a good shout.

You’d expect Chelsea to be camped inside their half too so increased risk of free kicks in suitable areas.

All that along with the fact he generally gets into the box quite a bit could be a great shout.

I do also own Hazard and Morata so I can’t ignore that fact but I have captained Alonso once or twice in the past.

His expected points is very high this week. Banking on a clean sheet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Alvaro

Advertisement