Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW14 Captain

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

daheff wrote: »
    damn you and your logic.

Salah C
    Kane VC

Haha I'll be crying after Liverpool go and thump Stoke, led by Salah and Chelsea struggle against Swansea.
    There will be a game soon where he'll be rested getting it right when it'll happen will be the struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

wardides wrote: »
    Would it be bonkers to captain Alonso?

Deadline soon and the usual who to captain thoughts are kicking in.

Alonso (C) is on the radar but Morata is the safe pick. Not really a time YET to be gambling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just did analysis of City and Aguero's recent record vs Southampton compared to Kane and spurs vs Leicester.

... But I'm not telling you which one I captained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

wardides wrote: »
    Would it be bonkers to captain Alonso?

Way ahead of you. Already done it.

Not sure why people think Morata is safer and what they're basing it on. Brace/assist maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Just did analysis of City and Aguero's recent record vs Southampton compared to Kane and spurs vs Leicester.

I can see Jesus starting instead of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

His record against Leicester in total reads: eight goals in five Premier League appearances, nine goals in 10 in all competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Way ahead of you. Already done it.

Not sure why people think Morata is safer and what they're basing it on. Brace/assist maybe

I was just about to post Alonso this morn and seen shanotheslayer had bet me too it.essentially your captaining a midfielder who gets defensive clean sheets points

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I was just about to post Alonso this morn and seen shanotheslayer had bet me too it.essentially your captaining a midfielder who gets defensive clean sheets points

I'm just basing mine on bookies also. I also need a differential as I'm behind in leagues. My captaincy with strikers has been horrendous.

If it's a clean sheet it's the equivalent of a striker scoring 1 goal with also the chance of BPs.

Deadline soon and the usual who to captain thoughts are kicking in.

Alonso (C) is on the radar but Morata is the safe pick. Not really a time YET to be gambling
    I'm just basing mine on bookies also. I also need a differential as I'm behind in leagues. My captaincy with strikers has been horrendous.

If it's a clean sheet it's the equivalent of a striker scoring 1 goal with also the chance of BPs.

Disregard what I said a little while ago.

I’m on Alonso (C) now fook it, I’m in the mood to gamble !

• Advertisement

Disregard what I said a little while ago.

I’m on Alonso (C) now fook it

Blame Pimp if it fails. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

His record against Leicester in total reads: eight goals in five Premier League appearances, nine goals in 10 in all competitions.

Whistht now, that took me over 2 solid minutes of googling, don't give that sh*t up for free.!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Either Morata (who was just bought in for -4) or Kane captain. Was switching between the 2 without realising deadline was actually happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Blame Pimp if it fails. :pac:

I believe Alonso will get the holy trinity tomorrow night.

A goal, an assist and a clean sheet.

If carlsberg did .................................................

I believe Alonso will get the holy trinity tomorrow night.

A goal, an assist and a clean sheet.

If carlsberg did .................................................

I honestly believe a clean sheet and assist, is more likely than Morata X2 which is why I opted for him

I'm risking it. Alonso.

So where did you put the arm band in the end ?

• Advertisement

So where did you put the arm band in the end ?

Kept it on Alonso :pac: probably the first time I went with my first choice! It was between him or Morata. I have Kane never but was never in contention for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

amber69 wrote: »
    I have a sneaky suspicion Salah might be rested

If so I have Rambo vice & Doucoure 1st sub. So that might work out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Officer999 wrote: »
    Going with Hazard but have a really nagging feeling that his gonna be benched.
    Really hope I'm wrong!

Damn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Fromvert wrote: »
    Haha I'll be crying after Liverpool go and thump Stoke, led by Salah and Chelsea struggle against Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Rooney (tc)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

PARlance wrote: »
    Arsenal / Lacazette were brutal yesterday from flicking in and out of the live match. Ozil looks like he's off, Sanchez looked like he wants to be on a plane too. They really were toothless. Granted Burnley are a well oiled machine.

I actually think Huddersfield will beat them if they show any bit of the fight the had vs City yesterday.

:D:D

Surprised Lacazette doesn't warrant inclusion considering Lukaku is in there. Toss up between him and Morata for me.
    PARlance wrote: »
    Arsenal / Lacazette were brutal yesterday from flicking in and out of the live match. Ozil looks like he's off, Sanchez looked like he wants to be on a plane too. They really were toothless. Granted Burnley are a well oiled machine.

I actually think Huddersfield will beat them if they show any bit of the fight the had vs City yesterday.
    danganabu wrote: »
    :D:D

To be fair, that comment was in response to Lacazette not being in the poll which he shouldn't have been. Granted he scored and got 5 points but he's not in that same category as the rest as mentioned in the thread also.

Injured too for the next while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

To be fair, that comment was in response to Lacazette not being in the poll which he shouldn't have been. Granted he scored and got 5 points but he's not in that same category as the rest as mentioned in the thread also.

Injured too for the next while

Ah I agree, it was the Ozil and Sanchez coomments that amused, and the claim that Huddersfield would beat Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

danganabu wrote: »
    Ah I agree, it was the Ozil and Sanchez coomments that amused, and the claim that Huddersfield would beat Arsenal.

Glad you're amused. It's the little things.

Advertisement