Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Any info on ticket prices? Gig is listed on tm but this info seems to be missing in the new layout...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Any info on ticket prices? Gig is listed on tm but this info seems to be missing in the new layout...

From 86 euro .
    Its all seated so expect expensive ticket prices ,Miss Swift likes money.
    Her London tickets go up to a staggering £138.
    Manchester prices are below

yWheS7x.png

Her 3 announced gigs in the UK and Dublin are all on Fridays ,so its almost guaranteed that she will add second ,maybe even third dates .
    Could see additional midweek gigs added at other venues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Ouch. Was planning to bring the missus and the kids to this. Crazy money once again. And still it will sell well, if not out... :(

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Ouch. Was planning to bring the missus and the kids to this. Crazy money once again. And still it will sell well, if not out... :(

It is crazy money for an artist whose demographic is mostly young girls.
    Her prices for the 3arena in 2015 were ~80 euro a ticket it seems .
    Some inflation .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Has anyone any idea how to get pre sale tickets? I’ve gone onto her site and I can see that if you buy her album from her online store you get sent a code.. Is this the only way ?? As earlier poster said she certainly does like money!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

xraylady wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea how to get pre sale tickets? I’ve gone onto her site and I can see that if you buy her album from her online store you get sent a code.. Is this the only way ?? As earlier poster said she certainly does like money!

This seems to be the only way. I got an e-mail saying they are sending out a link and unique codes on Tuesday at 18:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Has it been released how much she is gonna charge for the pit area?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Probably over €100 :pac: joke prices for a joke "artist"

Has it been released how much she is gonna charge for the pit area?

The pit will probably be some VIP ,pay through the nose option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 NiceLynchi

The price is ridicolos..I don't mind if they sell some zones for 100€+ but if you're not even able to get in for less 80€ then that is just greedy :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I cant see her doing more then 1 date here especially for those prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

She's no Garth Brooks.
    ...and to the others here referring to her as an artist stop that now as it devalues the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

737max wrote: »
    She's no Garth Brooks.
    ...and to the others here referring to her as an artist stop that now as it devalues the word.

She writes her own songs and performs them. How is she any different than other more respected people who do the same thing and are referred to as artists?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

NiceLynchi wrote: »
    The price is ridicolos..I don't mind if they sell some zones for 100€+ but if you're not even able to get in for less 80€ then that is just greedy :(
    most Croke Park gigs are around €80 for standing. might get a few back row seats for less for marketing purposes, but these prices are pretty much standard for stadium gigs.

it took Beyonce months to sell out 1 night, and even then "extra" tickets were released later after it sold out. I'f be amazed if Swift did a second one. I guess it depends on what the capacity is if it's all seated, but doubt there's enough demand for 2 nights.

She's no Garth Brooks.
    most artists wish they could write even one song as good as All Too Well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

I'm not buying it. Enjoy the concert as that appears to be your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Always found her a bit creepy myself, but a venomous article in the Guardian the other day - slagging her off for never commenting on Donald Trump - left me scratching my head WTF??

Good luck to the girl and no doubt she'll play a blinder on the night. Puzzled as to why it's all seated though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Always found her a bit creepy myself, but a venomous article in the Guardian the other day - slagging her off for never commenting on Donald Trump - left me scratching my head WTF??

Good luck to the girl and no doubt she'll play a blinder on the night. Puzzled as to why it's all seated though...

I read the same article myself. I'm all for people looking the phenomenon of Taylor Swift objectively, instead of wholly drinking up the hype, but I agree it was a poorly written hatchet job that was stretching badly to find fault in any aspect of her character or behavior.

For instance they seemed to take umbrage at the fact that she - shock horror - wants to reward fans of hers that actually buy physical copies of her music, rather than those who just watch videos off YouTube. If she can get away with that in today's ever more disposal musical climate than fair fcks to her I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Arghus wrote: »
    I read the same article myself. I'm all for people looking the phenomenon of Taylor Swift objectively, instead of wholly drinking up the hype, but I agree it was a poorly written hatchet job that was stretching badly to find fault in any aspect of her character or behavior.

For instance they seemed to take umbrage at the fact that she - shock horror - wants to reward fans of hers that actually buy physical copies of her music, rather than those who just watch videos off YouTube. If she can get away with that in today's ever more disposal musical climate than fair fcks to her I say.

Indeed, if you want to buy a physical hard copy of an album on a shopping trip either on CD or vinyl these days, it's harder than ever, so fair balls to her for hitting the top spot and making this approach re-acceptable to artists. Prince had huge respect for her business and creative acumen prior to his passing so that's good enough for me.

Think I'll buy a ticket...life is short, the greats are passing, and we're all still here.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »

You dont surely believe that she wants to reward her fans do you by not putting her music on streaming sites,it's purely a money making exercise much like her highly criticised Verified Fan presale system ,which is frankly repulsive.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/08/taylor-swift-and-ticketmaster-launch-controversial-ticketing-system/
    Fans are invited to ensure a place in the virtual ticketing line in the city of their choice in a “really fun way”: pre-ordering her album, buying other Swift merch and/or spreading The Gospel of Swifty online.

After fans pre-order the CD (from big box retailers like Target or from Swift’s store only—no indie record store support here), they’re informed that if they’d like a guarantee they’ll receive Reputation it on the day it’s released they’ll have to fork over an extra $48.03 to ensure timely shipping, which brings the cost of one CD purchase to $63.03. It bears repeating: $63.03. For a single CD. This nonsensical move seems aimed to appease UPS, one of Swift’s many corporate partners for Reputation and the tour supporting it. Impoverished fans aren’t left out of the “fun” however, as they can watch the video for “Look What You Made Me Do” for a lower “boost” to their place in line.

“Your boosts are automatically applied for up to five views, per day. Watch every day and receive your boosts,” the site not-so-subtly advises. Fans can also flood their social media with posts about Tay Tay and her new record for further lower level boosts

Something that’s especially troubling in all of this is the fact that you can purchase Swift’s new album up to 13 times to receive further boosts to your spot in line. There is even a “progress bar” showing how your purchases are advancing your place in the virtual line. The mere suggestion that fans could (and should) purchase an album more than once is egregiously immoral and seems to be clearly directed at the younger, more illogical, more obsessed factions of her fanbase who will do anything to appease their hero—who in turn will apparently do anything to appease her corporate partners. That Swift and Ticketmaster are masquerading this unscrupulous, ultra-capitalist campaign as a highly moral attempt to help fans and squeeze out scaplers is a further insult, and one the singer—whose squeaky clean image becomes further exposed as a facade with each passing day—should be ashamed of herself for being involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,818 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I didn't like her 1st single from her new album, felt she wanted to mess Beyonce/Gaga/Perry etc., and failed

I think it will be just 1 date for her in Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Zardoz wrote: »
    You dont surely believe that she wants to reward her fans do you by not putting her music on streaming sites,it's purely a money making exercise much like her highly criticised Verified Fan presale system ,which is frankly repulsive.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/08/taylor-swift-and-ticketmaster-launch-controversial-ticketing-system/

Oh I would definitely have an issue with the extent to which she or someone in her "team" has figured out that it's totally a-okay to milk young guillable fans for all that it's worth: that's pretty icky for sure.

But the article I was referring to seemed to have a problem with the very idea that she would want to make money of selling records, rather than to let them be streamed:
    Her new album, Reputation, is not available on Spotify – anyone wishing to hear it must buy it.

If you want to hear it you must buy it... The horror! What pure evil! The sheer audacity of her! Whoever has heard the likes! Buying music, well I never.... No wonder the article brands her a messenger of this disturbing age.

Bah, what a load of nonsense! I can't believe that a paper that fancies itself as a serious chronicle of our present times was prepared to publish that fatuous rubbish; in an editoral no less.

I think it's fair enough that she should want to distribute her music her way - it is her work after all and more power to her if she can make it happen.

oh, I won't be at the concert, not a fan of her recent pop direction, and besides, I'll be at The National that night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

urbangoo wrote: »
    She writes her own songs and performs them. How is she any different than other more respected people who do the same thing and are referred to as artists?

She does use Max Martin juice ya know :)

It's more true to say she has a hand in the writing process as opposed to writes her own songs they aren't solely hers it just took a quick glance at the credits of her latest release.

Certainly more credible than having 50 writers in to come up with an album like Beyonce or something but it's not the same thing as having a blank canvas and creating.

She does use Max Martin juice ya know :)

It's more true to say she has a hand in the writing process as opposed to writes her own songs they aren't solely hers it just took a quick glance at the credits of her latest release.

Certainly more credible than having 50 writers in to come up with an album like Beyonce or something but it's not the same thing as having a blank canvas and creating.
    sure, now that she's trying to do pop songs, she's getting help from others in writing the songs in a more pop style.

previous albums have had many/all songs written by her, eg. Speak Now:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speak_Now#Track_listing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Will the 3Plus presale be active for this concert anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

sure, now that she's trying to do pop songs, she's getting help from others in writing the songs in a more pop style.

previous albums have had many/all songs written by her, eg. Speak Now:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speak_Now#Track_listing

I think most are fully aware she was country.

A gander at setlist.fm last complete gig shows 2 songs performed from that era none off that album you link but before, the rest from her later releases which many a helping hand was given and with a new album out a chunk are bound to come from that too at this upcoming tour.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Will the 3Plus presale be active for this concert anyone know?

I doubt it. There's a presale code being issued to anyone who bought the album tomorrow. I can't see there being two presales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I doubt it. There's a presale code being issued to anyone who bought the album tomorrow. I can't see there being two presales.

Gig is in Croke Park so 3Plus presale doesn’t apply. Unfortunately!

Advertisement