Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭bren2001

poundhound wrote: »
    I promised my daughter Id take her the next time Taylor Swift played Dublin.
    I didnt think Id have to remortgage the house.
    Anyway as my daughter is quite young (7), I decided Row A of the Upper tier on the Cusack Stand would give her a prime view of the overall event.
    I opted for e-tickets in the pre-sale. I was advised earlier by ticketmaster that they should be printable this evening or tomorrow. I know other people here had the same issue.

They'll be printable before Christmas (if that is your worry). There is a delay sometimes for the larger gigs, I've no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Nearly 3 hours in and this hasnt sold out?

Sure fire way of telling that the pricing has been well off.

Will it even sell out? Be nice to see tours get burnt

She has added the Saturday night in Dublin,Manchester and London,no surprise there.
    On sale next Friday

DP9ZanVVwAAl0Fz.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Jesus. An extra date added and the first not sold out yet. At those prices the 2nd night will be fairly empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

ah flip- I'd have bough them for the saturday night as opposed to the friday if i'd known there was a second gig

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Gonna have to get tickets for the second night as well now. Go Tay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ticketmaster.co.uk have a 3rd night listed for Manchester (Thursday 7th) and London (Sunday 24th), with the first Manchester night not even sold out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Wheety wrote: »
    Jesus. An extra date added and the first not sold out yet. At those prices the 2nd night will be fairly empty.

Seems strange. I was going to buy tickets this morning as an Xmas gift. However, looking at the layout, I couldn't justify spending that amount on a Taylor Swift gig (especially when I am not sure just how much my gift recipient would actually like to go!). I was offered 2 tickets in the snake pit which came to > 300€!

Seems strange. I was going to buy tickets this morning as an Xmas gift. However, looking at the layout, I couldn't justify spending that amount on a Taylor Swift gig (especially when I am not sure just how much my gift recipient would actually like to go!). I was offered 2 tickets in the snake pit which came to > 300€!

You threw back 2 Snake Pit tickets ,oh dear

Zardoz wrote: »

I can accept doing it for a Taylor swift gig and at that price! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Still good tickets left for the Friday. Very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

It was obviously planned anyway. Why not just sell both nights from the beginning? Probably didn't want both nights being half empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Lol they added a second date? That’s going to be empty. Wtf are they thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Not a bit strange..
    The ticket prices are extortion!

She’s been bleeding her fans dry at every single corner with this album, it’s despicable!!

Nice to see her getting burned on this, second date is gonna be empty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Was it actually possible to get snake pit tickets for €150?

Was this when the tickets went on general sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

MadYaker wrote: »

You'd hope so scandalous prices! but it would be wrong to underestimate the summer event junkie & weekend warrior combined with kids with a shallow depth of music, Christmas looming.

The promoters know what they are doing, no coincidence Saturday is kept under wraps so panic buys are made for initial day which a Friday isn't exactly the most precarious day for a risk anyway. Have the big fans half fill the place a small (very small given ticket price you'd think) percentage will do the both dates, make no mistake come showtime the casuals will have run amok giving a healthy crowd it's what is banked on...Wished it flopped though :D

Yep, it was. Because I didnt know what "Snake Pit" meant so I had to go looking at the layout to see what it was. They were something like 144 + 6 euro. Unless I was looking at it wrong (very possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Yep, it was. Because I didnt know what "Snake Pit" meant so I had to go looking at the layout to see what it was. They were something like 144 + 6 euro. Unless I was looking at it wrong (very possible).

Thanks good to know i'll give it a go for Saturday show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I was chancing my arm this morning seeing if I could get tickets to bring my 9 year old daughter. But when the only ones came up were 300 for the 2 of us or 160 for davin stand i just left it off. Crazy prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Hope she/ promoters get stung. Greedy scum. I see joe.ie are saying pearl jam might play Croker. No idea what that's about

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TruthEnforcer

I thought Croke Park were only allowed 3 Gigs in the year ? so that would mean with Buble and these 2 that's their 2018 Quota ..

mind you ... with the amount of unsold tickets for Buble .. Pearl Jam may be lined up as his 'Support' ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I thought Croke Park were only allowed 3 Gigs in the year ? so that would mean with Buble and these 2 that's their 2018 Quota ..

mind you ... with the amount of unsold tickets for Buble .. Pearl Jam may be lined up as his 'Support' ???
    I
    PEarl Jam wouldnt be headlining in croker atm.. look at the tour.. biggest venue is the o2 in London and then a festival or 2 in Europe...

Maybe an Aviva date at absolutle best..

Staying on topic, a 2nd date here makes no sense.. it’s a waste., surely the stones or someone could take it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MadYaker wrote: »

Ed Sheerans 2 croke parks dates tickets were about the half the price of these. So if not a single ticket sold for the second Taylor date they would still be making a lot.

Setting out seats must cost a fair bit and so might be sensible to add a second date, even if it does not sell well.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

Somebody asked Ticketmaster the below question before the pre-sale and got this answer:

Hi @TicketmasterIre can we buy pit tickets without the VIP package? Thanks

Hi Nicole, pit tickets will only be available with the package. Thanks

And then they turn around and put non vip snake pit tickets on sale for the general sale. I got seats in the pre-sale but would have tried for snake pit tickets in the general sale if I knew. The pre-sale was a joke. They didn't even have a seating chart up when tickets went on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Are these tickets really called the snake pit, or is that just what people here are referring to them as?

I've been in the snake pit at Metallica concerts. I would expect it to be a world away from a Taylor Swift concert.

urbangoo wrote: »
    Somebody asked Ticketmaster the below question before the pre-sale and got this answer:

Hi @TicketmasterIre can we buy pit tickets without the VIP package? Thanks

Hi Nicole, pit tickets will only be available with the package. Thanks

And then they turn around and put non vip snake pit tickets on sale for the general sale. I got seats in the pre-sale but would have tried for snake pit tickets in the general sale if I knew. The pre-sale was a joke. They didn't even have a seating chart up when tickets went on sale.

If they released snake pit tickets in the general sale then they only released a tiny amount ,you wouldnt have had much of a chance of getting them.

I agree with the presale ,there was no seating plan when it started and I'm sure alot of people bought standing tickets thinking that they would be near the stage ,only to find out afterwards that they were in a little pen at the back of the pitch .Despicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Are these tickets really called the snake pit, or is that just what people here are referring to them as?

I've been in the snake pit at Metallica concerts. I would expect it to be a world away from a Taylor Swift concert.

They're calling it the Snake Pit to tie it in with some of the imagery being used for the album and tour, including the snake ring she wears on the tour poster. I doubt if anyone involved realised that Metallica have been using that term for their pit standing section for years.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

If they released snake pit tickets in the general sale then they only released a tiny amount ,you wouldnt have had much of a chance of getting them.

I agree with the presale ,there was no seating plan when it started and I'm sure alot of people bought standing tickets thinking that they would be near the stage ,only to find out afterwards that they were in a little pen at the back of the pitch .Despicable.

Yeah I'd say I would have had a very slim chance of getting them. I think they actually had that ticket option available a few hours after the pre-sale started. So there could have been a few people who managed to get them in the pre-sale. But why weren't they available from the moment the pre-sale started?
    I think Ticketmaster were purposely being vague about the seating layout. I saw people asking them on twitter about the seating chart before the pre-sale started and they were all being ignored. They probably knew people wouldn't want those general standing tickets if they knew they were at the back.
    How come the minute Michael Buble was announced, it was advertised as a fully seated concert. But they were giving out no information about Taylor Swift?

urbangoo wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say I would have had a very slim chance of getting them. I think they actually had that ticket option available a few hours after the pre-sale started. So there could have been a few people who managed to get them in the pre-sale. But why weren't they available from the moment the pre-sale started?
    I think Ticketmaster were purposely being vague about the seating layout. I saw people asking them on twitter about the seating chart before the pre-sale started and they were all being ignored. They probably knew people wouldn't want those general standing tickets if they knew they were at the back.
    How come the minute Michael Buble was announced, it was advertised as a fully seated concert. But they were giving out no information about Taylor Swift?

The Snake Pit option seemed to appear some time on Thursday in the presale ,it wasn't there Wednesday at all.

When the concert was initially announced last Friday it was billed as all seated.
    The initial seating plan had no standing section ,it was changed sometime Tuesday night.

All these concert announcements are a rush job ,its done intentionally to create a frenzy and confuse the public ,its very shady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Mr.S wrote: »
    hawkelady wrote: »
    Hope she/ promoters get stung. Greedy scum. I see joe.ie are saying pearl jam might play Croker. No idea what that's about

Stung in what way? They'll be laughing all the way to bank.

The second date will sell fine. Crazy prices for sure though.

Really , I'm sure they will make dollars but the fact the first night isn't sold out , how do you figure the 2nd night of a 80k stadium will sell just fine ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Will there be a presale code knocking about for the second date?

Advertisement