Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Pubs and Clubs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PurplePoodle

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Why? What happened?

They posted on Facebook that they’re closed for refurbishment for a few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Did they not refurb a couple years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm just saying closing for renovations a week before Halloween, the 'Christmas' of the rock scene, with bands booked in is not a good sign.

I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PurplePoodle

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm just saying closing for renovations a week before Halloween, the 'Christmas' of the rock scene, with bands booked in is not a good sign.

I could be wrong.

Yeah, you were right. Seems it has been sold and will be reopening as something else.

Shame all the same. A Cassidys style spot to come, I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

So is Bruxelles gone as a rock/metal bar as we know it?

Lived out of that place on Thursdays and Saturdays over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

So is Bruxelles gone as a rock/metal bar as we know it?

Lived out of that place on Thursdays and Saturdays over the years

How many times does this have to be asked? Yes! Go and check it out for yourself for confirmation.

Passenger wrote: »
    How many times does this have to be asked? Yes! Go and check it out for yourself for confirmation.

No that's fair enough

However 5 or 6 times a year a random metal night is advertised there with a random DJ leading people to believe it's gone rock/metal again

No that's fair enough

However 5 or 6 times a year a random metal night is advertised there with a random DJ leading people to believe it's gone rock/metal again

Only one way to find out for sure - forget what people say and go have a gander for yourself. ;)

I went in for the first time in years last month on a Saturday and they were playing Slayer on the jukebox anyway.

• Advertisement

I went in for the first time in years last month on a Saturday and they were playing Slayer on the jukebox anyway.

Was it still 67 euro a pint?

I remember it being quite dear for a scooner of Sierra Nevada alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Stiletto72

I don't go in there very often any more but whenever I do there is usually good music playing on the jukebox and plenty of rock and metal to choose from.
    It's not as busy as it was in it's heyday by a long stretch though and it is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

You mean The Pint? That's long gone.

Walked past this place yesterday. It's now The Wiley Fox. Has a facebook page..

Walked past this place yesterday. It's now The Wiley Fox. Has a facebook page..

It's been The Wily Fox almost 3 years now.

Is the Mezz now considereda Rock/Metal bar?

Since the old manager came back the playlist is certainly more rock, but I dunno of I'd consider it a rock bar. You'll still get your Killers with your Rage Against The Machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Adele Aggressive Chef

Club Hell closing?

Club Hell closing?

Yup.

Yup.

Why?

• Advertisement

Gypsy, Poison/Outlaw, Hell in a short space of time. Supply was high but demand dropped off dramatically.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Why?

It wasn't doing the biz.
    Gypsy, Poison/Outlaw, Hell in a short space of time. Supply was high but demand dropped off dramatically.

It was at saturation point there for a while alright but Rockers are a fickle bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Passenger wrote:
    It was at saturation point there for a while alright but Rockers are a fickle bunch.

We re just fine, it's the rest of the world is the problem!

All back to Fibbers so!

Tribute gigs are big now, especially in Fibbers. I've actually no problem with that, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It wasn't doing the biz.

Decently priced gargle and a flexible playlist is what brings me back to a place

Nothing worse then a "Rock/Metal" night playing nothing but generic user friendly tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Decently priced gargle and a flexible playlist is what brings me back to a place

Nothing worse then a "Rock/Metal" night playing nothing but generic user friendly tracks.

Of the few times I went I only rarely had a good night (I'm sure that's more my own fault).

Out of curiosity I tried to look up Dublin on the Metal Travel Guide and the site is gone!?

So, off the top of my head it's Brux, Fibbers... (searches).... Ah The Gypsy Rose is gone too!?!

Decent opening in the market for a rock / metal bar. Fibbers on the Quays used to be good but it's awkward enough to get to.

verycool wrote: »

Decent opening in the market for a rock / metal bar.

I'd strongly advise against it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Adele Aggressive Chef

I'd strongly advise against it!

Why, have you tried it?

Club Hell used to be packed, where did the punters go?

Is there literally none now except Fibbers?

• Advertisement

Club Hell used to be packed, where did the punters go?

That's the question the promoters want to know too.

Advertisement