Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread VIII - ** MOD NOTE POST #4781 **

Options

Comments

Buer wrote: »
    Hey look, Wilco Louw is named on the bench for SA. Got his first cap in the past month. The bloke who was strongly rumoured to be Munster's project player signing but then all went quiet and he was capped

Nope, no conflict of interest there for Rassie Erasmus over the past few months!

I heard it from a very reliable source Heaslip is a relative of Wilco's and talked him out of coming to Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Hey look, Wilco Louw is named on the bench for SA. Got his first cap in the past month. The bloke who was strongly rumoured to be Munster's project player signing but then all went quiet and he was capped

Nope, no conflict of interest there for Rassie Erasmus over the past few months!

He probably had a hand in the Kennedy assassination too the bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Erik Shin wrote: »
    He probably had a hand in the Kennedy assassination too the bastard!

Trawling the released files as we type.

Updates to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,868 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I pity the Argie tighthead selected against McGrath when Schmidt has a kearney-like conversation with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer is in one of his moods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Buer is in one of his moods

That's Mr. Buer.

You address me by my proper title, ya little bollix.

15 Andries Coetzee

14 Dillyn Leyds

13 Jesse Kriel

12 Damian de Allende

11 Courtnall Skosan

10 Elton Jantjies

9 Ross Cronje

8 Francois Louw

7 Pieter-Steph du Toit

6 Siya Kolisi

5 Lood de Jager

4 Eben Etzebeth (captain)

3 Coenie Oosthuizen

2 Malcolm Marx

1 Tendai Mtawarira

Bench:

16 Bongi Mbonambi

17 Steven Kitshoff

18 Wilco Louw

19 Franco Mostert

20 Uzair Cassiem

21 Rudy Paige

22 Handre Pollard

23 Francois Venter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

The Ireland squad v South Africa in numbers:

21/23 Ireland capped players - Not including Aki and Sweetnam (91%)
    20/23 Ireland developed players - Not including Aki, Stander and Herring (87%)
    19/23 Players who have only ever played in Ireland - Removed Sexton (83%)
    18/23 Players born in Ireland (78%)
    10/23 Leinster developed players (43%)
    5/23 Munster developed players (22%)
    3/23 Ulster developed players (13%)
    2/23 Connacht developed players - Included Marmion although via the Exiles system (9%)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    With all the Discussion on TOH, you have to wonder would would he not be better served moving to France or England and making as much money as possible.  He's clearly not gonna be Irelands starting 15 so he will always just be on his province Salary.

I actually think if he continues playing like he is at the moment he'll get decent game time in 2018.
    It might be too late.
    I'd have asked myself : who will have the best chance for RWC based on player talents : TOH, Conway or 34 y-o Kearney? I'd have picked TOH.
    Schimdt asked himself : what is the most balanced team to win THIS game and this serie. Based on form/experience mix he is right.
    We don't really disagree (some of us at least). Just 2 different logics

• Registered Users Posts: 37,980 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good too see Aki getting the start and tieing him down to us (even though it was very see him get a start for the all blacks)

Sadly had to sell my tickets cause of the soccer next Tuesday but it should be a good game and we hopefully get the win.

I went too 2 Ireland vs South Africa games (2009 and 2014) and we won both and for the 2012 game I sold my tickets and we lost lol.

I imagine there may be a big rush for the bars around the stadium after the game for those waiting to catch kick off for the soccer. Could they not put it on the big screen in the stadium???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Good too see Aki getting the start and tieing him down to us (even though it was very see him get a start for the all blacks)

Sadly had to sell my tickets cause of the soccer next Tuesday but it should be a good game and we hopefully get the win.

I went too 2 Ireland vs South Africa games (2009 and 2014) and we won both and for the 2012 game I sold my tickets and we lost lol.

I imagine there may be a big rush for the bars around the stadium after the game for those waiting to catch kick off for the soccer. Could they not put it on the big screen in the stadium???

It's a rugby crowd, darling. Do you want everyone fleeing for the exits in terror?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

connachta wrote: »
    It might be too late.
    I'd have asked myself : who will have the best chance for RWC based on player talents : TOH, Conway or 34 y-o Kearney? I'd have picked TOH.
    Schimdt asked himself : what is the most balanced team to win THIS game and this serie. Based on form/experience mix he is right.

Mate. Your obsession with this is reaching bunny-boiler levels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

7/8 players in our starting pack have been part of the lions squad, that has to be some sort of record.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Winters wrote: »
    The Ireland squad v South Africa in numbers:

21/23 Ireland capped players - Not including Aki and Sweetnam (91%)
    20/23 Ireland developed players - Not including Aki, Stander and Herring (87%)
    19/23 Players who have only ever played in Ireland - Removed Sexton (83%)
    18/23 Players born in Ireland (78%)
    10/23 Leinster developed players (43%)
    5/23 Munster developed players (22%)
    3/23 Ulster developed players (13%)
    2/23 Connacht developed players - Included Marmion although via the Exiles system (9%)
    Interesting split.
    Most who were educated in Ireland from the "traditional" sources of players - fee paying rugby schools in Leinster, grammar schools in Ulster, fee paying schools in Cork. And those not educated in Ireland nearly all went to fee paying rugby schools.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,215 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It might be too late.

Or... Just as an alternative.... Try to imagine....

Joe sees an established winger become unavailable and the other injured, so he looks at new options... Naming two wingers with the grand total of ONE cap between them... With the bench cover also being a debutant.

So....faced with such inexperience in the back field.. You want him to go and name a guy who has been around the squad for 5 years and has amassed a huge 6 caps in that period.

Against the boks....

Yep... Against the boks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Or... Just as an alternative.... Try to imagine....

Joe sees an established winger become unavailable and the other injured, so he looks at new options... Naming two wingers with the grand total of ONE cap between them... With the bench cover also being a debutant.

So....faced with such inexperience in the back field.. You want him to go and name a guy who has been around the squad for 5 years and has amassed a huge 6 caps in that period.

Against the boks....

Yep... Against the boks....

Its the sensible move from Joe - we have some serious wing prospects, so bring them into the fold while Bobster is still there. Hopefully a fullback prospect for World Cup fullback turns up over the next couple of years who will then be able to replace him while the rest of the 3/4 line is well establish around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Listening to Game On. So many texts about Zebo and TOH on a day when Stockdale, Conway and Sweetnam are all named.

It's just never enough for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Listening to Game On. So many texts about Zebo and TOH on a day when Stockdale, Conway and Sweetnam are all named.

And not a word about poor auld SuperDave
    #JusticeForDave

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

It might be too late.

Ask yourself this.

1. Why has TOH failed to make he necessary impression in camp to such an extent he was dropped altogether

2. Aki, Stockdale and Conway have 3 caps between them. Carbery and Sweetnam on the bench have 4 between them. So yes this is a selection with 2019 in mind surely?

3. Your using Kearneys age against him being picked but your constantly advocating McCartney who is older being picked ahead of 27 year old (Herring). Why is Kearneys age a problem for you but not McCartney's?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

#poorDavetooprettyforthesquad

Fyp

• Advertisement

#JusticeForDave

SuperDave has seen off better players than these latest pretenders to the throne.

He's not worried and neither am I. Let them have their moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ah its embarrasing. So many young lads getting a go and social media are just ****eing on about Rob Kearney.

A lot of miserable people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ah its embarrasing. So many young lads getting a go and social media are just ****eing on about Rob Kearney.

A lot of miserable people out there.

Herring, Ryan, Stockdale, Aki, Conway, Sweetnam, Carbery all in a squad but Joe wont plan for rwc apparently.

A lot of people see the pro12/14 and just assume how player plays there will just translate to the national team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Stockdale to cover centre?

Rugby - one of few sports in which Ireland can really compete internationally, while simultaneously the sport that's probably the least understood (even by those who regularly watch it).

This combination of factors brings the wall-chewing fucksheen out of the masses, like no other sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Rugby - one of few sports in which Ireland can really compete internationally, while simultaneously the sport that's probably the least understood (even by those who regularly watch it).

This combination of factors brings the wall-chewing fucksheen out of the masses, like no other sport.

I'm a wall-chewing fucksheen am I???

And they say rugby is elitist...

snowflaker wrote: »
    I'm a wall-chewing fuckseen am I???

And they say rugby is elitist...

*fucksheen

PTH2009 wrote: »

The only big rush I'll have is to Searsons for a hot jameson!

Hype710 wrote: »
    Stockdale to cover centre?

Nah. Reckon Joe saw my posts here about trying Carbery at 12 and thought "this dude is on to something".

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    *fucksheen

sorry I misspelled your made up word! We don't pronounce our H's!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement