Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Aero gains...whuuuh?
    I'd be pretty aero out there with the sudden drop in temperature

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Aero gains...whuuuh?

Goosebumps are the new golf ball's dimples

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

New team kit season is upon us. And the team formerly known as cannondale have gone all nintendo
    0z2GYTtTRtaF3gOr4oBfFQ.png
    Uran does not look pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

The helmet looks like a cross between a hard hat and something for a small child. Pure awful as usual from Canondale or whatever they go by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/nov/07/theft-bike-app-vancouver-project-529-j-allard-xbox
    Bike theft is the scourge of cyclists around the world, with riders, manufacturers and the law struggling to coordinate a response. That was until city cop Rob Brunt and Xbox pioneer J Allard devised Project 529

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    The helmet looks like a cross between a hard hat and something for a small child. Pure awful as usual from Canondale or whatever they go by now.

The kit is nice, the helmet like a potty though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

POC Helmets are an abomination.

On an unrelated note Kudos to the lad on the Dublin Bike who shared part of my commute this AM. Serious speed going up the canal towards Kilmainham. If I see him again I'm signing him. #talentspotting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Sunsets on Tuesday of this parish is often spotted on a DB... definitely fits the description performance-wise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Nearly pulled the trigger on a Frame and Fork to do my first build, but ultimately would cost more than an equivalent build. A bit disappointed not to be getting another frame to sit in the shed along with my restore one and never find the time to work on...

Why has Harrybelafonte quit racing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

nee wrote: »
    Principal bans kids from cycling to school:
    http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/irish-kids-banned-cycling-school/
    :rolleyes:
    this made it into the GCN show this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

why dont you ask him.
    my inside info says he is gonna concentrate on Vets TT and having a life!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

koutoubia wrote: »
    why dont you ask him.

TT's and having a life..

Are they not mutually exclusive???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What is it with lads that are "too cool for helmets" ? Seen various videos of the A1 lads and a local ex racer without helmets while out on the road.

Stupid behavior imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

dahat wrote: »
    What is it with lads that are "too cool for helmets" ? Seen various videos of the A1 lads and a local ex racer without helmets while out on the road.

Stupid behavior imo.

I left mine in the jaysis coffee shop on Saturday. They have it for me though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you cycled away without it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

you cycled away without it?

Yep.. only noticed when I got home. Now I was less than 1km from home and pulled in for a nice coffee

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Stupid behavior imo.

Personal choice, no need for judgement IMO.

There's a whole megathread on the topic: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057030568
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

nee wrote: »
    Personal choice, no need for judgement IMO.

There's a whole megathread on the topic: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057030568
    Enjoy

Is it not a safety thing though, within large groups especially?

I understand its personal and it's nuts if you ask me but each to their own.

koutoubia wrote: »
    why dont you ask him.

I did! He reads this thread according to my inside information!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is it not a safety thing though, within large groups especially?

I understand its personal and it's nuts if you ask me but each to their own.
    MOD VOICE: It's a discussion for the megathread, not for here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Prime Irish Beef

Hey :) Hope it's okay to put this here. I know you guys have the bargains thread but this is more like a general question. I started cycling to and from work when I moved jobs and I'm starting to get more into it.

I was wondering where ye would go to buy good quality stuff that's not overly expensive? Currently looking into buying a bike rack and winter gear but the place where I bought my bike is just crazy expensive.

Anyone know a bricks-and-mortar shop somewhere between Dublin 4 and Dundrum that sells 25mm reflective tape (the type with an adhesive back and comes in a roll)? Asking for a friend.

(Ok then, fixing the reflector bit on a pannier.)

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Anyone know a bricks-and-mortar shop somewhere between Dublin 4 and Dundrum that sells 25mm reflective tape (the type with an adhesive back and comes in a roll)? Asking for a friend.

(Ok then, fixing the reflector bit on a pannier.)

Halfords usually have something similar. Maybe a Motor Factors or someone that does Motorbike stuff.

If you are putting it on a carbon frame put insulation tape down first.

daragh_ wrote: »
    If you are putting it on a carbon frame put insulation tape down first.

Thanks!

Just going to put it over the original reflective tape that was on the back pocket of a pannier. It's so ancient the reflective tape is falling apart, but there's enough of it to take a fresh layer of reflective tape on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

It'd take too long to get into here, but I'm sure a long VCB spin will allow me explain it all. But it is basically as Koutoubia said.

I honestly didn't mean that title to be as click baity as I realise it is now, it was more that the stuff is mostly racing/training related.
    I did! He reads this thread according to my inside information!

I do. Funnily enough, I only went back to read the original question as I thought it odd that K knew someone else who was gonna have a life and only do Vets TTs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Has anyone bought anything from Decathlon UK to the Republic ever since they opened an online Irish store? Still cheaper to buy from them in sterling.

• Advertisement

FFS Mr Baron
    Will ye lay off the name changes
    Making my head spin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement