Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers blowing up Kittens

Options
  • 27-10-2017 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

My neighbour has reported that her Daughter was walking home last night around 8pm in the kiltipper tallaght area.

She witnessed a group of teenagers strapping a bunch black cats to a kitten and then blew it up in front of her.

She's extremely distraught and won't leave her room at all.

Just a message to mind your pets over the weekend.

I really hate cruelty to animals and don't understand people who engage in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Huh?

Strapping black cats to a kitten?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

unfortunately there are scum out there that do this sort of thing.
    I think they should strap a firework to them and let them run in fear until it blows up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭emo72

Sometimes you read the thread title, and think you must have misread it.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Huh?

they basically strapped 5 - 6 cats together along with a kitten and blew them up in front of her.

Then laughed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Huh?

Blackcat is another name for a small banger ( firework )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Terrlock wrote:

Some people are just cnuts nothing to understand. Hope your daughter is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Children who abuse animals need to be watched. Mass murderers usually start out by harming pets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭MissMayo

People like this should be executed.......

I hope your neighbor reported this to the Gardaí (or whoever deal with this type of behaviour).

They haven't reported it yet, but I just encouraged her to do so and will as soon as her daughter gets up as she's still in her room in a bad way after witnessing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

How do gather up cats for strapping?

They would take the eye out of you

How do gather up cats for strapping?

They would take the eye out of you

Black cats are a type of fire work that they strapped to a kitten

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The poor kitties,****ing scumbags :mad: :(!

Nobody deals with this type of behaviour. Even if the guards do catch the kids there's nothing they can do. Onus is on their parents to raise properly which they cant be arsed to do.

This is the real problem, people feel like there isn't anything that can be done.

But there really should be something done

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Terrlock wrote: »
    they basically strapped 5 - 6 cats together along with a kitten and blew them up in front of her.

Then laughed

FFS the little scrotes should have the sh1te kicked out of them.

I hate cruelty to defenceless animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Scum. No questions asked. Into the shovel and plenty of porridge. Watch the big brave boys squirm before your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dexter_morgan

Hopefully karma will come around and these dirty lowlife sc*mbags will suffer a painful end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

That's so sick. Anna080 is right, children who do this should be monitored. They laughed afterwards.....I have no words.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

I've been hearing this story every year since my childhood. Either we've a lot of psychopaths roaming around or a touch of urban legend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Scum. No questions asked. Into the shovel and plenty of porridge. Watch the big brave boys squirm before your eyes.

The OP doesn't say if it was all boys. In my experience girls can be equally cruel and willing to carry out some sick sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Then laughed

Did they somehow drug the cats?
    To be honest, what is described above sounds nigh on impossible.

I can't think why someone would make up something like this but I can't help feeling that this story is made up or seriously exaggerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

My neighbour has reported that her Daughter was walking home last night around 8pm in the kiltipper tallaght area.

She witnessed a group of teenagers strapping a bunch black cats to a kitten and then blew it up in front of her.

She's extremely distraught and won't leave her room at all.

Just a message to mind your pets over the weekend.

There is way too much tolerance shown to the deviant activities of "groups of teenagers" in our society generally.

As posted elsewhere on this thread,this form of violent perversion is usually a very clear indicator of a Mental Issue which is pointing in one direction,which is future violence against human beings.

I would be reasonably confident that these dregs will have recorded the images on their Phones or somesuch and it will surface in due course.

Society currently remains confident that such deviance can be successfully treated by various therapies,but I am not so sure.

Put at it's smplest,and using the Pavlov's Dog response,the controlled application of a level of pain & discomfort,commensurate to that felt by the hapless Kitten would be a very suitable starting point in this case.

The Probation Act,or some equally laughable sanction in the Childrens Court,will simply embolden these cretins to move up & on in their crusade for fame.

:mad:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I've been hearing this story every year since my childhood. Either we've a lot of psychopaths roaming around or a touch of urban legend?
    Yeah you hear this every year but never anything about people actually being caught. Just someone knew someone who saw it

Did they somehow drug the cats.
    To be honest, what is described above sounds nigh on impossible.

I can't think why someone would make up something like this but I can't help feeling that this story is made up or seriously exaggerated.

I ment black cats to a kitten which are 5 -6 fireworks to a kitten

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Can confirm it's the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Patww79 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: was wondering how long it would take, there's always one.

There's numerous cases like this of horrendous animal cruelty in this country and what's described sounds pretty typical of these days. Some people are just rotten bastards who need to die screaming.

[Citation needed]

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

anna080 wrote: »
    Children who abuse animals need to be watched. Mass murderers usually start out by harming pets.

Spot the people who've been watching mindhunter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭cml387

I saw some fire brigade footage on RTE of a poor terrier who had been given a firework to hold in its mouth for "fun". The poor dog's jaw was hanging off.

It's no urban legend.

Sorry to be controversial but abortion is a good argument for these feral scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Just a bit of clarification ,. One of these "black cat" bangers can take a finger off. I'd imagine the poor kitten would have the equivalent of a hand grenade strapped to it.

Advertisement