Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leflem

Quintis wrote: »
    Finally got keys last week, hopefully it starts moving quicker for everyone now!

Congratulations and thanks for the update.. Hopefully you have some neighbours soon

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LeeC1990

We also got go the keys this week! Hopefully everyone else's will start moving quicker now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leflem

Congrats on getting your house Keys. 
    Sometime back we had been advised during a site visit that the plan was to start the house roll out with one home per week which would eventually ramping up to two per week. Hopefully they are starting with two houses per week in an attempt to put a dent in the delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tomchats

Congrats all who have purchased a new home! Can you please check you have street lighting? It doesn't seem to be up in Carton Wood? Pressure should be applied to ensure this in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seetheworld

Hey guys! We got the keys yesterday finally!!!!

• Advertisement

Hi all, there's definitely no street lighting in, we were there Monday and Tuesday and there's none in.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NEWBIEGRL8

Hi
    I'm also interested in this development which seems to be going up at a snails pace, Can I ask for those of you who bought way back in Feb or after who had houses to sell in order to buy in this development, did you sign unconditional non refundable contracts with Savills before having your own houses sold? The reason I ask is that reading some of the posts, people comment they have had to delay closing sales on their own property. We would have to sell to buy in this development but the prospect of living with family whilst waiting on the completion of the build with having a small baby is a no go.

Replies appreciated on this.

Hey Newbiegrl8- we bought in Nov with a timeline of completion in March. We just got the keys last week. In the contract they don't give a date of completion they have this random one liner to cover their asses incase they are delayed. The only thing I will say is a lot of the delays the last few months are because of flood water pipes and the roadways etc so I would hope that now the next houses don't have the same lengths of delays. I could be completely wrong though!

Anyone know if we are tied to Thorntons bin company? AES looks a lot more competitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 member2017

Anyone know if we are tied to Thorntons bin company? AES looks a lot more competitive?

No, we are with AES and just changing address when we move. Have checked with them and no issues as the houses have an eircode assigned already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 NEWBIEGRL8

Hey Newbiegrl8- we bought in Nov with a timeline of completion in March. We just got the keys last week. In the contract they don't give a date of completion they have this random one liner to cover their asses incase they are delayed. The only thing I will say is a lot of the delays the last few months are because of flood water pipes and the roadways etc so I would hope that now the next houses don't have the same lengths of delays. I could be completely wrong though!

Thanks for response. Were you selling a property to buy in carton wood if you don't mind me asking?

Lovely thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭westsider

Hi we bought in Feb phase, and were selling old house at time. We had to be sale agreed with contracts exchanged on old house before we could sign for new house. We though had equity we used for deposit etc so needed the funds. Since we sold old house we moved in with family for a bit but are now renting whilst awaiting new house to be ready! I think it could be difficult trying to time selling and buying at some time especially with a new build!

Hey everyone, does anyone own a silver polo 05 MH 7084 parked at the houses for like 3 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lexi77

Hope to get keys finally next week. Just wondering has anyone got their tv, broadband etc in yet?. Any delays or problems?
    Thanks

Congrats!! No we can't get broadband sorted yet, I was onto a provider and they said there is no speed coming into the house meaning broadband wouldn't work. I asked Nevilles about this on Monday and they were supposed to get back to me yesterday but of course they didn't so will have to follow up again! No harm in a few people asking for updates maybe, and they might get it sorted quicker!

Thanks. Hope your settling in ok. I will mention it when I'm doing my final inspection. I see in the carton grove forum they have similar problems.

Yeah, great thank you. Fingers crossed it'll all start moving quick enough for the rest of you.

Yeah I saw that there, bit mad. What's the norm? Do the individual houses usually set it up or do the builders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 *maeve*

Hey all,
    We contacted Virgin and they said they didn’t service the area and then rang sky and they did a signal test and said it’s perfect so are setting up tv and broadband next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

*maeve* wrote: »
    Hey all,
    We contacted Virgin and they said they didn’t service the area and then rang sky and they did a signal test and said it’s perfect so are setting up tv and broadband next week.

Let us know how that goes. I asked the guy at the sky stand in Liffey valley and he said we may not be able to get broadband because eir put the lines in and because they haven’t been activated they prevent third party’s (sky, Vodafone) using them initially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 *maeve*

T
    PDiddy87 wrote: »
    Let us know how that goes. I asked the guy at the sky stand in Liffey valley and he said we may not be able to get broadband because eir put the lines in and because they haven’t been activated they prevent third party’s (sky, Vodafone) using them initially.

Oh that’s strange, I explained the set up to them on the phone and they said it’ll be fine. I’ll let you know next week anyway, hopefully it’ll be straightforward!

Hi all, I think we all need to put the pressure on the builders about the broadband. Apparently EIR need to install the line, and until then we can't get broadband in. The builders are supposed to set this up and they haven't yet. If we all get onto them, I'd imagine they'll have to do something asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

Any idea on the houses opposite the show house block? Have they been released yet?

I'm due to close early next week. I'm in block 28 to 36. Snag signed off on so just waiting on solicitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

Lexi77 wrote: »
    I'm due to close early next week. I'm in block 28 to 36. Snag signed off on so just waiting on solicitors.

Fantastic. Congratulations

And surprise surprise....once again, another kick in the teeth. Closing date tomorrow, and now been informed possibly the end of next week!! Builders solicitors haven't got all the paperwork sorted!! My advice is to anyone else who has purchased take every word with a pinch of salt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

LeeC1990 wrote: »
    Hi all, I think we all need to put the pressure on the builders about the broadband. Apparently EIR need to install the line, and until then we can't get broadband in. The builders are supposed to set this up and they haven't yet. If we all get onto them, I'd imagine they'll have to do something asap.

EIR and Vodafone look to be offering low speed Broadband 3-4mb, there is no Fibre in the estate yet it seems

Does anyone know when we can get internet and tv in? Is there anything we have to do or is it up to Nevilles?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Courtney01

After being told initially that our house completion date was April/May then September, then December we have now had confirmation that we wont be in before Christmas. Feel distraught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭westsider

Courtney01 wrote: »
    After being told initially that our house completion date was April/May then September, then December we have now had confirmation that we wont be in before Christmas. Feel distraught.

Do you mind me asking where in estate your house is. We've now been told it will be February before completion of ours - we are in the row 51-65. The constant push backs are incredibly frustrating, I just hope they get their act together now and get on with them!

Advertisement