Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Issues with technical thread

• 16-10-2017 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Anyone else having issues viewing the last page of the Ophelia Technical thread?
    When I click the 236 page it load the 235 page.

I've reset Chrome and cleared data etc (Android) and no joy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Yep same here

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I think its because posts are being moved from technical to discussion, the last page is just a ghost page. It will fill again when more technical posts are made

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Liffey4A wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues viewing the last page of the Ophelia Technical thread?

Issues on my end too

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Possibly because a lot of off topic posts are moved from time to time so the length of the thread shortens periodically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Liffey4A

Working now I think. Pity they don't have an app!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Liffey4A

No still messed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Working now I think. Pity they don't have an app!

Boards.ie ??
    They do and it’s crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Same, broke here. Cant access or post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Same here for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

You can still post (if it's something technical or discussion around met observations and whatnot :D)

The poor mods are having to move threads at a ferocious rate and they're filling up the other thread with those. Sadly the Boards.ie website database is better at handling new posts than deleted ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

We're all having issues at the moment. It may be due to the volume of off topic posts that are being moved from the technical analysis thread.
    Refresh the page and try again

I've flagged it with the office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

It's the wind. Keeps blowing posts back a few pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

its happening with this thread too, must be something wrong with the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

It’s something that happens on boards on busy threads.
    Not your browser. Seeing same with chrome and safari and all versions of the site. Possibly a lot of views / refreshes simultaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Its gotten worse for me, now when I click on the Technical thread, it’s bringing me to the General Discussion thread :’(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

MJohnston wrote: »
    Its gotten worse for me, now when I click on the Technical thread, it’s bringing me to the General Discussion thread :’(

I'm getting that intermittently too. Was very very confused. Plus I think its contributing to why posters who know the story is re different threads, posting in the wrong place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Suggestion:

Could you make the text on the technical and non technical thread look different?
    It's not immediately obvious which is which if you're reading on a small device.

flaneur wrote: »
    Suggestion:

Could you make the text on the technical and non technical thread look different?
    It's not immediately obvious which is which if you're reading on a small device.

Excellent Suggestion!
    Done

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Can I ask why the Level 3 warnings have been removed from both?

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Can I ask why the Level 3 warnings have been removed from both?

It’s still on the general discussion thread title.

Mods: seems like whenever the last post on the technical thread is moved, that thread redirects to wherever it was moved to, and it can’t be accessed. This is on the touch site anyway. Once someone posts something new I can access again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Do people know they can increase the number of posts per page in their control panel. It's on page 60 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

MJohnston wrote: »
    It’s still on the general discussion thread title.

Ah it is, however that itself is coming up as "moved to weather" (what?) So isn't showing the full title.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Do people know they can increase the number of posts per page in their control panel. It's on page 60 for me.

Yeah, same. Always get confused when someone refers to a page number instead of a post number!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Ah it is, however that itself is coming up as "moved to weather" (what?) So isn't showing the full title.

It’s showing on desktop, I don’t think Level warnings show up on the touch site though, so maybe thats the problem? And yeah, I’m seeing that odd “Moved to Weather” message too

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi all,

Because the Weather threads are being hammered with new posts at the moment (and over the last couple of days) there may be a lag in new posts appearing. We're also going to try to flush out the system so hopefully that will improve performance. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers Mark - much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Havent been able to see anything in the Technical thread for 20min

• Advertisement

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Havent been able to see anything in the Technical thread for 20min

Boards is just buggered in general. They didn't bring enough hamsters in for the serverwheels.

Advertisement