Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Smellysocks

Rengew wrote: »
    Hi, no details yet. I posted on 9 September and when I spoke to them the following week they said 2 weeks. I still haven't got any details yet. On hold at the moment.

Anytime I ring I'm on hold over half hour so I end up having to hang up. Did u get a answer? No response to my emails either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dee40

Anytime I ring I'm on hold over half hour so I end up having to hang up. Did u get a answer? No response to my emails either.

About to start work in week , was really hoping to have sorted for Xmas or else I'll be in bother😓 it's not looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If everything is in order ie application fully completed and all documentation sent then majority of applications are processed within 4 weeks of receipt by DSP.Some application will take longer due to overlapping payments etc .

As for emails I was told they are usually replied to with 3 working days.
    What email address are you sending email to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rengew

I didn't get a answer on the phone but did get a reply to email. Took them 2 days to answer email though. I will be trying again tomorrow.

I found this online the other day:

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2016-09-16a.2268&s=speaker%3A214

Might be accurate for some but I have been waiting ages. Took 7 days to get from FIS office to local welfare office. And so far 7 days since it was sent back from local office to FIS office.

• Advertisement

MABS2016 wrote: »
    If everything is in order ie application fully completed and all documentation sent then majority of applications are processed within 4 weeks of receipt by DSP.Some application will take longer due to overlapping payments etc .

As for emails I was told they are usually replied to with 3 working days.
    What email address are you sending email to ?

The email address they have on there website. I sent 2 emails. One two weeks ago and never got reply and one this week that hasn't been replied to.

The email address they have on there website. I sent 2 emails. One two weeks ago and never got reply and one this week that hasn't been replied to.

And that email address is ?

I'd find it very hard to believe you got no reply whatsoever

I am as happy as a clam. I got through to a lovely lady on the phone this morning and told me all was in order and I should be getting my letter in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I applied 8th September and had a call out by a social welfare inspector on the 3rd October but I was at work..heard nothing since so called into the offices and she called me today...told me she will be out to me next week and to have the last 3 months bank statement to hand if she needs to query them. .
    Has anyone heard of this regards fis before? I never sent bank statement with my claim...didn't think I needed to?!

MABS2016 wrote: »
    And that email address is ?

I'd find it very hard to believe you got no reply whatsoever

That email address is fissection@ welfare.ie which is the one they have on their website.

Obviously your experience with them is different to mine. I have spent a total of 4 half hours on hold when I have tried ringing and eventually end up hanging up. And I have received NO reply to my emails. After sending email I get an automated email to say someone will be in touch but no one ever does.

• Advertisement

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I applied 8th September and had a call out by a social welfare inspector on the 3rd October but I was at work..heard nothing since so called into the offices and she called me today...told me she will be out to me next week and to have the last 3 months bank statement to hand if she needs to query them. .
    Has anyone heard of this regards fis before? I never sent bank statement with my claim...didn't think I needed to?!

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

3 weeks would be normal waiting time not 3 months
    Lashes28 wrote: »

She called out to me last Monday and just asked questions filled out forms. Told me I'd hear from her within the week and still heard nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lisamuire22

Hi . I've been waiting four weeks for my payment I rang on week 2 and was told waiting time is 3 weeks. I've sent everything off only work 20 hours a week so wage is very small. I'm now behind in rent and really worried it won't come before Xmas and I'm single mum of 3 kids

Hi . I've been waiting four weeks for my payment I rang on week 2 and was told waiting time is 3 weeks. I've sent everything off only work 20 hours a week so wage is very small. I'm now behind in rent and really worried it won't come before Xmas and I'm single mum of 3 kids

Why don't you ring/email them ?
    It's only a week longer than their estimate but surely you aren't waiting on FIS to be paid to pay your rent.
    What if you don't qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lisamuire22

5742fgh wrote: »
    Why don't you ring/email them ?
    It's only a week longer than their estimate but surely you aren't waiting on FIS to be paid to pay your rent.
    What if you don't qualify?

I have 3 kids and work 20 hrs hrs on minimum wage. . I rang I have appointment with inspector on 1at December.. received eviction notice this morning.. evicted on Xmas day... my wage is only 183 and rent is 140 so I couldn't feed kids and keep then warm and do rent .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mnash

hi everyone. i started work in ireland at my first job in may and in start my work hours was about 14 or 15 everyweek but after 2 month hours was minimum 19 per week. i applied for new fis in october and they declined my claim in november saying my hours does not meet criteria. i went to citizen information for advice.. they advised me to apply for review and send them 12 weeks payslips with no less then 38 hours per fortnights and letter from employer i did same. and after passing two months i rang fis section to ask about updates on my claim they answered that they had sent my file to my local social welfare office last week.i need to contact them but there is no answer from them.
    my question is this is normal process or what is next?
    thanks for answers in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aaronlim

I was recently turned down for FIS because of a mistake on the application form. instead of my employer putting down full time employment they put down work placement any idea how long appel takes ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

aaronlim wrote: »
    I was recently turned down for FIS because of a mistake on the application form. instead of my employer putting down full time employment they put down work placement any idea how long appel takes ??

Has your employer given you a letter that confirms your employment status and that they made a mistake?

If so, then maybe contact FIS section of the DSP (phone or email) and ask for a review - tell them why - rather than sending in an appeal, which is a formal process that takes longer.

Squatter wrote: »
    Has your employer given you a letter that confirms your employment status and that they made a mistake?

If so, then maybe contact FIS section of the DSP (phone or email) and ask for a review - tell them why - rather than sending in an appeal, which is a formal process that takes longer.

Yes got a letter of them today saying that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

What is the current waiting times for new and first application for FIS? We applied end April 2017 then welfare officer came out to see us at the beginning of August and she said our info would be sent to the head office where they will make a decision. I am not sure if she means a decision on amount we would receive or if we would get it or not.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Phil1969 wrote: »
    What is the current waiting times for new and first application for FIS? We applied end April 2017 then welfare officer came out to see us at the beginning of August and she said our info would be sent to the head office where they will make a decision. I am not sure if she means a decision on amount we would receive or if we would get it or not.

Thanks

Ours took about two months including an appeal
    Mayo area

Ours took about two months including an appeal
    Mayo area

Thanks. Ours has taken over 4 months so far, there was a 1 month delay as we could not make an appointment visit they requested with us and delayed it for another month before they visited us and that was 3 weeks ago. Still heard nothing :(

Now the school is asking for payment for books, uniforms etc, we just do not have the money to pay it :confused:

Hopefully they will get back to us soon, I visited office and they say they contact us when they ready.

I have spoken to them via email and over the phone in my opinion they a fairly responsive you just need to keep ringing them between 9.30 and 12.30

I have spoken to them via email and over the phone in my opinion they a fairly responsive you just need to keep ringing them between 9.30 and 12.30

Thanks aaronlim, did emailing and ringing them get it sorted any quicker? I have been the local office 4-5 times now, the lady does a check on her computer than just says it is been processed and I will be contracted when they are ready. Do you have an email address or contact phone number so I can call them please? I think it is their head office I need as I think it is where it all goes too, and not the local office.

Thanks Phil

fisnewclaims@welfare.ie 043 3340000 is phone number . My situation was probably different than yours but i Applied about 5 or 6 weeks ago and got a letter today saying it was granted. 043 number the the main office in longford. Email i was never waiting more then a day or 2 for e reply

fisnewclaims@welfare.ie 043 3340000 is phone number . My situation was probably different than yours but i Applied about 5 or 6 weeks ago and got a letter today saying it was granted. 043 number the the main office in longford. Email i was never waiting more then a day or 2 for e reply

Thanks, I will drop them an email and see what they say. Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks everyone who answered my questions, we got a letter this morning to say we were rewarded FIS :). It took 3 weeks from welfare coming out to see us, and around 4 mths in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It would take approx 3 weeks if your claim wasn't sent to an inspector.Some claims have to be sent to the inspectors can be for numerous reasons .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jenhards

Hi there...does ne1 know how long new claims r takin at the mo...

Advertisement