Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Star Trek Series?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

MrVestek wrote: »
    I don't see Star Trek: Discovery on this pole. :P

Then you obviously missed the date the thread was started.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

my3cents wrote: »
    Then you obviously missed the date the thread was started.

wJ5fcq8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

MrVestek wrote: »
    I don't see Star Trek: Discovery on this pole. :P
    Lol.

I think give it a few years and if its still going then put it on the pole or in a new pole.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

DS9

Not only had it the best written stories, story arcs, had a darker theme, its recurring characters were second to none.

some of those secondary characters like Garak, Dukat, Martok, Weyoun etc had more depth than the cardboard cut outs of Geordi, Wesley and Crusher in TNG.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DeborahLQ

TNG is by far the best in my opinion, besides the original of course. I don't know what people saw in DS9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

DeborahLQ wrote: »
    . I don't know what people saw in DS9.

Get out. :D

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭AllForIt

DS9 and Voyager 50/50

I liked TNG when it appeared but I don't think the plots were as good as either DS9 or Voyager. There was the odd good one in the latter series but overall the writing was a bit weak. It was saved by Picard because of his stature as a actor and Data was a compelling character. I thought there was something a bit daft about kids and families in the lower decks. The ship had so many 'windows' that I used to think of it as an inter galactic hotel.

DS9 was a bit of a departure from the boldly going but it worked because of the strong back story. In itself I thought is was brilliant. But Voyager for me was the best traditional full quantum torpedo spread Trek with some very entreating nonsense episodes that in the end worked. I miss that and with the current new offerings I don't see we'll be going back to that style of Trek for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,893 ✭✭✭✭Stark

DeborahLQ wrote: »
    TNG is by far the best in my opinion, besides the original of course. I don't know what people saw in DS9.

First two seasons are ****e but after that it comes into its own.

Took me a long time to get into it as well as it was such a struggle to get past the first two seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Compo82

My favourite would be in this order:

1. DS9
    2. TNG
    3. Voyager
    4. Picard
    5. Enterprise
    6. TOS
    7. Lower Decks
    8. Discovery

Discovery has been a huge disappointment. It's actually getting worse as it goes on. Picard maybe still has some potential to get better hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

DS9 was my favourite by a mile - it was ahead of its time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭StudentDad

DS9 wasn't bad - the characters of Garak, Bashir, O'Brien and Weyoun were my favourites. You can keep the pseudo-religious pah wraithy bits towards the end. To my mind they took a great character - Dukat - and wrecked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

DS9

TNG

SNW

VOY

LD

ENT

TOS

PIC

TAS

DSC

Post edited by Inviere on

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭eadrom

You've left out SNW.

Boy there's a lot of Star Treks all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭eadrom

1. TNG
    2. DS9
    3. TOS
    4. SNW
    5. LD
    6. Voy
    7. ENT
    8. PIC
    9. DSC
    10. (TAS)

Difficult to place SNW and LD because they still feel quite new, but this feels about right for the moment. The top 6 there are all golden in my books anyway.

TAS at the bottom partly because I haven't really watched it all, at least not in a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

TNG the series that introduced me to trek will always be my favorite. I remember when I first watched voyager all those years ago I wasn’t too impressed and have never rewatched but after Picard binged it on Netflix and I really misjudged it. Sure voyager had a lot of flaws but it was actually quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Next Generation are the only ones I've seen. For a sci-fi show, it's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Check out DS9 - was ahead of it's time. Especially season 3/4 onwards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Star Trek: the Next Generation

"It's not too bad".

I mean. Yeah. It ain't. 🤭

I watched one I found quite intriguing (Deep Space Nine S4 "The Visitor"), but that was it.

The other few episodes (idk from what season) I tried watching were, em, also "ahead of my time" lol, just not my cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Great episode that. Yes in the beginning DS9 talks a while to get going it's a bit slow and a lot of talking but they are devolving g the characters and letting you get to know the characters. These are not just one dimensional characters they are characters you will come to know and love and even some of the secondary characters have better character building and development than any from TNG which I also like by the way or that other rubbish show who's name I shull not say here but that could have been brilliant but was not but hay at least it has given us SNW.

But anyway once DS9 hits its stride from season 3 onwards its all excellent.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Good information, thanks! I am new to sci-fi and haven't truly appreciated it, sorry!

I was watching an episode of Next Generation, wish I knew which one, so you could listen to Geordi La Forge's exaggerated pauses mid-sentence. It was blatantly obvious (in this episode anyway) he was mimicking the exact over-dramatic speech pattern that William Shatner employed to capture attention as Kirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JustAPoorDreamer

1. TNG,

2. DS9,

3. LD

4. SNW

5. Enterprise

6. T.O.S

7. Voyager

8. PIC

9. T.A.S

The top six three are all brilliant the last 3 had flaws like Voyager ruining the Borg for instance, Picard with its crappy serenity ship, annoying Raffi and crappy 1st and 2nd seasons after a great start but it had a great 3rd season. The only season of Picard I would fully watch again is the 3rd season.

T.A.S was just OK but terrible animation.

Advertisement