Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

What's your favourite Star Trek Series?

1789101113»

Comments

• MrVestek wrote: »
    I don't see Star Trek: Discovery on this pole. :P

Then you obviously missed the date the thread was started.

• my3cents wrote: »
    Then you obviously missed the date the thread was started.

wJ5fcq8.png

• MrVestek wrote: »
    I don't see Star Trek: Discovery on this pole. :P
    Lol.

I think give it a few years and if its still going then put it on the pole or in a new pole.

• DS9

Not only had it the best written stories, story arcs, had a darker theme, its recurring characters were second to none.

some of those secondary characters like Garak, Dukat, Martok, Weyoun etc had more depth than the cardboard cut outs of Geordi, Wesley and Crusher in TNG.

• TNG is by far the best in my opinion, besides the original of course. I don't know what people saw in DS9.

• Advertisement

• DeborahLQ wrote: »
    . I don't know what people saw in DS9.

Get out. :D

• DS9 and Voyager 50/50

I liked TNG when it appeared but I don't think the plots were as good as either DS9 or Voyager. There was the odd good one in the latter series but overall the writing was a bit weak. It was saved by Picard because of his stature as a actor and Data was a compelling character. I thought there was something a bit daft about kids and families in the lower decks. The ship had so many 'windows' that I used to think of it as an inter galactic hotel.

DS9 was a bit of a departure from the boldly going but it worked because of the strong back story. In itself I thought is was brilliant. But Voyager for me was the best traditional full quantum torpedo spread Trek with some very entreating nonsense episodes that in the end worked. I miss that and with the current new offerings I don't see we'll be going back to that style of Trek for a while.

• DeborahLQ wrote: »
    TNG is by far the best in my opinion, besides the original of course. I don't know what people saw in DS9.

First two seasons are ****e but after that it comes into its own.

Took me a long time to get into it as well as it was such a struggle to get past the first two seasons.

• My favourite would be in this order:

1. DS9
    2. TNG
    3. Voyager
    4. Picard
    5. Enterprise
    6. TOS
    7. Lower Decks
    8. Discovery

Discovery has been a huge disappointment. It's actually getting worse as it goes on. Picard maybe still has some potential to get better hopefully.

Advertisement