Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW8 - Transfers

• 30-09-2017 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭

Mikhi to coutinho or sane I'd imagine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Free hit activated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Barring injuries
    Miki out David silva in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Been dying to get my Mkhi out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

wildcard activated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Might wildcard and be done with it. Not sure it's badly needed though

• Advertisement

Early days yet but looking like:

Mhki & Vardy out
    Richarlison & Morata in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Have to dump Chicharito, Mooy, Hegazi, Mkhitaryan, possibly even Eriksen on current form... Need another f**king wildcard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Invincible

Morata out

Costa in :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Morata, Mkhi, Mooy and Eriksen all to be dealt with. 2FTS and a wildcard if I need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Morata, Mkhi, Mooy and Eriksen all to be dealt with. 2FTS and a wildcard if I need it.

Why ship eriksen. Playing Bournemouth next at home. Understand others with United having tough fixtures coming up so can understand mikhi. Mooy is playing too deep. Morata could be crocked.

I wouldn't drop eriksen unless you need funds to make changes

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Why ship eriksen. Playing Bournemouth next at home. Understand others with United having tough fixtures coming up so can understand mikhi. Mooy is playing too deep. Morata could be crocked.

I wouldn't drop eriksen unless you need funds to make changes

Yeah I love Eriksen, great FPL player, but there are better options currently at that price. If I was on a wildcard with Spurs having United and Pool coming up, I'd prob shift him. Hopefully he performs next week, incredibly frustrating to see him with no returns this week.

Chicharito is turning out to be the worst FPL transfer I've ever made. Bought him for GW3, and he's blanked 4/5 times... and the one time he scored (v Spurs) I benched him. Haven't been watching the West Ham games, has he just not been getting the support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

PARlance wrote: »
    Early days yet but looking like:

Mhki & Vardy out
    Richarlison & Morata in

Why Vardy out? I'm looking at getting him in..

Why Vardy out? I'm looking at getting him in..

Well that was before Morata got injured. Wouldn't have been overjoyed letting Vardy go but Morata is/was on form much moreso than Vardy and has great fixtures as well.

Kane, Lacazette, Morata was what I was going for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Morata out but who to bring in. Lacazette, jesus, Vardy or maybe batshuayi

eh i dunno wrote: »

Wait 2 weeks and see who is fit for a start
    I've a funny feeling aguero may be back and will have no miles travelled ...........in some ways this injury could be a blessing for us . Would have been worried about him starting after int break
    But now he will either be fit or not
    If fit he will start and I'll be getting him back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gareth Barry in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

km79 wrote: »
    Wait 2 weeks and see who is fit for a start
    I've a funny feeling aguero may be back and will have no miles travelled ...........in some ways this injury could be a blessing for us . Would have been worried about him starting after int break
    But now he will either be fit or not
    If fit he will start and I'll be getting him back

Not disagreeing with the waiting but no way aguero will be back that soon with a broken rib

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking Miki out definitely. In comes either Ramsey, Dilva, .......... or someone else??? We have 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

My premature ejacusubstitution is embarrassing me at the moment I'm staying away for 2weeks, no more substitutions until Friday nights or early Saturday mornings **** team value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

eh i dunno wrote: »

In same pickle myself but I wonder how far Lacazette or Jesus are from a price rise ?.....(have Vardy).

Morata might be fit for two weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,798 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

My team is a bit of a mess, glad don't have to look at this for 2 weeks, no matter how big a mess some of yee think you team is in, just be thankful that you don't have 3 defensive Newcastle players in your team (yes I did type 3). ugh :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

PVA wrote: »
    Yeah I love Eriksen, great FPL player, but there are better options currently at that price. If I was on a wildcard with Spurs having United and Pool coming up, I'd prob shift him. Hopefully he performs next week, incredibly frustrating to see him with no returns this week.

Chicharito is turning out to be the worst FPL transfer I've ever made. Bought him for GW3, and he's blanked 4/5 times... and the one time he scored (v Spurs) I benched him. Haven't been watching the West Ham games, has he just not been getting the support?

Billic has broken him by playing him out wide I would give him one more game though as with the players returning from injury he will go back to the system we started against Spurs with chicarito through the middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PVA wrote: »

On Eriksen, the only reason I'm considering dropping him is if you already have Kane and have the spare cash to get up to Hazard. Chelsea have some nice fixtures and he's playing pretty centra.

On Chicharito, I'm a WHU fan, also own him. West Ham just weren't creating anything yesterday, scored last week. If you've the money to upgrade him to Vardy, do it. If you don't there's no better options available at 7m. He's not a premium priced striker so is not going to get you the premium scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Billic has broken him by playing him out wide I would give him one more game though as with the players returning from injury he will go back to the system we started against Spurs with chicarito through the middle
    For my sins I've watched every minute of WH this season. Bilic played a front 2 yesterday, and past 2 games they've rotated the top 3 positions.

I know the usual thought is that Carroll is a big target man that plays up top but he rarely does that. He usually prefers to play out wide left, where he can compete with headers against a RB, and then aim his headers back across the box for Chicarito/Antonio/Ayew. When he plays up top he generally is competing against a lump of a centre back, and when he wins a header they get knocked on and end up in the keepers arms 9 times out of 10.

One last thing on WH, Lanzini is back next week, he's evolved into our most important player post-Payet, I'd expect performances and results to improve from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will sit back and see what the Morata situation is. Hopefully he makes it and I might transfer Mikhi. Possibly for Richarlison to free up some cash.

David silva was outstanding for city again yday and in a game of few chances he came close twice
    Miki to him hopefully
    Alli maybe to hazard the week after or mane

Lemlin wrote:
    Will sit back and see what the Morata situation is. Hopefully he makes it and I might transfer Mikhi. Possibly for Richarlison to free up some cash.

Had him for 3 weeks and took him out during my gw6 wc for Fabregas . Big mistake.

(Also took out Yoshida and Mee, for Alonso and Naughton... Down about 25+ points in 2 weeks post wc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Depending on Morata news and if he's fit I'll likely be

Rashford to Jesus
    Morata to Vardy

Or

Rashford to Jesus
    Mhiky to a 6.5

Why u getting rid of Rashford? He looked tasty of motd. I'm thinking of doing Miki to Rashford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Why u getting rid of Rashford? He looked tasty of motd. I'm thinking of doing Miki to Rashford

He did look good but he'll rotate with Martial. City's fixtures look nice coming up so if Morata was fit it would have to be Rashford to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Rashford is listed as a forward

Thinking of Salah to one of the city mids for the next 2/3 GWs as Liverpool’s fixtures aren’t great but city’s are nice.
    KDB isn’t an option plus he’s burnt me already this season. I want Sane and he may be getting game time if Kun misses 1 or 2 games, thoughts on city mid options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I was all set to ditch Sanchez, but will probably give him another week after his second half performance. At the moment I'm thinking the below, but it's very early days because of the international break:

Mkhitaryan -> Silva
    Cedric -> Stones

bantee wrote: »
    Thinking of Salah to one of the city mids for the next 2/3 GWs as Liverpool’s fixtures aren’t great but city’s are nice.
    KDB isn’t an option plus he’s burnt me already this season. I want Sane and he may be getting game time if Kun misses 1 or 2 games, thoughts on city mid options?
    And that display of 2 points v Newcastle makes up my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Mkhi out for Sane or Silva probably. Will see how Aguero injury news shapes up as if he's still 3/4 weeks away means Sane should be more secure, with Aguero back Silva becomes more attractive I think.

Tempted to take a hit to swap Yoshida to Alonso - Chelsea have lovely fixtures and Alonso bonanza is surely around the corner. Hard to get rid of Yoshi with his fixtures too.

2 weeks to wait anyway so who knows what will happen beteeen now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Salah and Chico OUT for Jesus and Ritchie, possibly.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Salah and Chico OUT for Jesus and Ritchie, possibly.
    If I was you (or anyone ) and I can't believe I'm typing this I'd go for JJShelvey over Ritchie
    He has taken a lot of the set pieces off Ritchie and has a much bigger goal threat

Forgot to say he is .6 cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

If I was you (or anyone ) and I can't believe I'm typing this I'd go for JJShelvey over Ritchie
    He has taken a lot of the set pieces off Ritchie and has a much bigger goal threat

Damn, didn't know set pieces were taken off him. Main reason for picking Ritchie. I know we normally cast aside all rational thinking in the FPL world, but even still I couldn't stomach cheering for Shelvey every week. Will consider my options anyway, plenty of time to think...cheers for heads up though.

sheroman01 wrote: »

Damn, didn't know set pieces were taken off him. Main reason for picking Ritchie. I know we normally cast aside all rational thinking in the FPL world, but even still I couldn't stomach cheering for Shelvey every week. Will consider my options anyway, plenty of time to think...cheers for heads up though.
    Hasn't lost all but a lot of them

• Advertisement

Hasn't lost all but a lot of them

Ritchie should be on pens if Newcastle ever manage to get one.

Mid price midfielders are proving extremely scarce - with Chelseas upcoming fixtures I wonder will Fabregas put himself back in the picture?

Richardilson, Mata and Zaha/Lallana when they're back could be other players of intereat in this bracket. Otherwise 442 with Alonso, Walker, Bavies etc is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I'm looking at getting cover for each of the top 6 in midfield and up top think I'm willing to drop lukaku but becoming reluctant atm considering lukaku and arnautovic to fabregas and Jesus leaving me with
    Foster
    Bavies Jones alonso Kolasinac
    Fabregas Ramsey salah
    Jesus Kane Joselu

Will look at getting rashford in possibly after this week for Joselu obviously toying around with options will be holding off until close to the deadline anyway as may get morata and sterling or something along those lines instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Want to get rid of Eriksen and Firmino but not sure I'm willing to take the points hit to get rid of both in the same week.

Will see who comes back fecked after the internationals first, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I really would like a Chelsea player for their upcoming fixtures. With 1.7m in the bank I plan to upgrade Mooy or Atsu but not sure if William or Fabregas are reliable options.

I really would like a Chelsea player for their upcoming fixtures. With 1.7m in the bank I plan to upgrade Mooy or Atsu but not sure if William or Fabregas are reliable options.
    Looking at Chelsea's fixtures I'm seeing more clean sheet potential than goals
    May get a defender in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Ali and firminho the most popular uninjured transfers out so far

Can understand firminho out, but Ali?? Surely with Kane and Spurs hot at the moment the future looks good for Ali & Erikson ?

begbysback wrote: »

Can understand firminho out, but Ali?? Surely with Kane and Spurs hot at the moment the future looks good for Ali & Erikson ?

One more game for me and he is gone no matter what
    Fixtures are next do not justify triple spurs as I also have Bavies and Kane and neither will be leaving my team

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

begbysback wrote: »

Probably a reaction to getting no return from Spurs' 4 goals at the wkend. He's been steady thus far with 2 goals and 2 assists in 7 games but not setting the world alight @9.5m and only managed to bag BP's in one game. When compared to Davies who's got better attacking returns to date (unrealistic to expect him to maintain that admittedly), great clean sheet potential and is far cheaper then u can see why people are going with other Spurs options. Trippier is another good option with decent attacking returns but is at more risk of rotation when Aurier comes back from suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Looking at Chelsea's fixtures I'm seeing more clean sheet potential than goals
    May get a defender in

Good idea. Can upgrade one of my cheapie to Rudiger or Luis. I assume the latter is more nailed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement