Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW8 - Transfers

• 30-09-2017 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭

Mikhi to coutinho or sane I'd imagine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Free hit activated

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Barring injuries
    Miki out David silva in

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Been dying to get my Mkhi out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

wildcard activated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Might wildcard and be done with it. Not sure it's badly needed though

• Advertisement

Early days yet but looking like:

Mhki & Vardy out
    Richarlison & Morata in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Have to dump Chicharito, Mooy, Hegazi, Mkhitaryan, possibly even Eriksen on current form... Need another f**king wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Invincible

Morata out

Costa in :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Morata, Mkhi, Mooy and Eriksen all to be dealt with. 2FTS and a wildcard if I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Morata, Mkhi, Mooy and Eriksen all to be dealt with. 2FTS and a wildcard if I need it.

Why ship eriksen. Playing Bournemouth next at home. Understand others with United having tough fixtures coming up so can understand mikhi. Mooy is playing too deep. Morata could be crocked.

I wouldn't drop eriksen unless you need funds to make changes

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Why ship eriksen. Playing Bournemouth next at home. Understand others with United having tough fixtures coming up so can understand mikhi. Mooy is playing too deep. Morata could be crocked.

I wouldn't drop eriksen unless you need funds to make changes

Yeah I love Eriksen, great FPL player, but there are better options currently at that price. If I was on a wildcard with Spurs having United and Pool coming up, I'd prob shift him. Hopefully he performs next week, incredibly frustrating to see him with no returns this week.

Chicharito is turning out to be the worst FPL transfer I've ever made. Bought him for GW3, and he's blanked 4/5 times... and the one time he scored (v Spurs) I benched him. Haven't been watching the West Ham games, has he just not been getting the support?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

PARlance wrote: »
    Early days yet but looking like:

Mhki & Vardy out
    Richarlison & Morata in

Why Vardy out? I'm looking at getting him in..

Why Vardy out? I'm looking at getting him in..

Well that was before Morata got injured. Wouldn't have been overjoyed letting Vardy go but Morata is/was on form much moreso than Vardy and has great fixtures as well.

Kane, Lacazette, Morata was what I was going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Morata out but who to bring in. Lacazette, jesus, Vardy or maybe batshuayi

eh i dunno wrote: »

Wait 2 weeks and see who is fit for a start
    I've a funny feeling aguero may be back and will have no miles travelled ...........in some ways this injury could be a blessing for us . Would have been worried about him starting after int break
    But now he will either be fit or not
    If fit he will start and I'll be getting him back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gareth Barry in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

km79 wrote: »
    Wait 2 weeks and see who is fit for a start
    I've a funny feeling aguero may be back and will have no miles travelled ...........in some ways this injury could be a blessing for us . Would have been worried about him starting after int break
    But now he will either be fit or not
    If fit he will start and I'll be getting him back

Not disagreeing with the waiting but no way aguero will be back that soon with a broken rib

• Registered Users Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking Miki out definitely. In comes either Ramsey, Dilva, .......... or someone else??? We have 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

My premature ejacusubstitution is embarrassing me at the moment I'm staying away for 2weeks, no more substitutions until Friday nights or early Saturday mornings **** team value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

eh i dunno wrote: »

In same pickle myself but I wonder how far Lacazette or Jesus are from a price rise ?.....(have Vardy).

Morata might be fit for two weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

My team is a bit of a mess, glad don't have to look at this for 2 weeks, no matter how big a mess some of yee think you team is in, just be thankful that you don't have 3 defensive Newcastle players in your team (yes I did type 3). ugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

PVA wrote: »
    Yeah I love Eriksen, great FPL player, but there are better options currently at that price. If I was on a wildcard with Spurs having United and Pool coming up, I'd prob shift him. Hopefully he performs next week, incredibly frustrating to see him with no returns this week.

Chicharito is turning out to be the worst FPL transfer I've ever made. Bought him for GW3, and he's blanked 4/5 times... and the one time he scored (v Spurs) I benched him. Haven't been watching the West Ham games, has he just not been getting the support?

Billic has broken him by playing him out wide I would give him one more game though as with the players returning from injury he will go back to the system we started against Spurs with chicarito through the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PVA wrote: »

On Eriksen, the only reason I'm considering dropping him is if you already have Kane and have the spare cash to get up to Hazard. Chelsea have some nice fixtures and he's playing pretty centra.

On Chicharito, I'm a WHU fan, also own him. West Ham just weren't creating anything yesterday, scored last week. If you've the money to upgrade him to Vardy, do it. If you don't there's no better options available at 7m. He's not a premium priced striker so is not going to get you the premium scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Billic has broken him by playing him out wide I would give him one more game though as with the players returning from injury he will go back to the system we started against Spurs with chicarito through the middle
    For my sins I've watched every minute of WH this season. Bilic played a front 2 yesterday, and past 2 games they've rotated the top 3 positions.

I know the usual thought is that Carroll is a big target man that plays up top but he rarely does that. He usually prefers to play out wide left, where he can compete with headers against a RB, and then aim his headers back across the box for Chicarito/Antonio/Ayew. When he plays up top he generally is competing against a lump of a centre back, and when he wins a header they get knocked on and end up in the keepers arms 9 times out of 10.

One last thing on WH, Lanzini is back next week, he's evolved into our most important player post-Payet, I'd expect performances and results to improve from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will sit back and see what the Morata situation is. Hopefully he makes it and I might transfer Mikhi. Possibly for Richarlison to free up some cash.

David silva was outstanding for city again yday and in a game of few chances he came close twice
    Miki to him hopefully
    Alli maybe to hazard the week after or mane

Lemlin wrote:
    Will sit back and see what the Morata situation is. Hopefully he makes it and I might transfer Mikhi. Possibly for Richarlison to free up some cash.

Had him for 3 weeks and took him out during my gw6 wc for Fabregas . Big mistake.

(Also took out Yoshida and Mee, for Alonso and Naughton... Down about 25+ points in 2 weeks post wc)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Depending on Morata news and if he's fit I'll likely be

Rashford to Jesus
    Morata to Vardy

Or

Rashford to Jesus
    Mhiky to a 6.5

Depending on Morata news and if he's fit I'll likely be

Why u getting rid of Rashford? He looked tasty of motd. I'm thinking of doing Miki to Rashford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Why u getting rid of Rashford? He looked tasty of motd. I'm thinking of doing Miki to Rashford

He did look good but he'll rotate with Martial. City's fixtures look nice coming up so if Morata was fit it would have to be Rashford to go

Advertisement