Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Kudos - much like a thanks on boards or a like on Facebook - is just another way to quantify user behavior for the purpose of commercial data mining.

You cant really complain about this when its a free service. If you pay for social media then you might expect more privacy.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

colm18 wrote: »
    It should be restricted to those with 800 posts or more ;)
    We're thinking about a 20,000 threshhold - then Cookie_Monster and I can have a race to be the first member

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Beasty wrote: »
    We're thinking about a 20,000 threshhold - then Cookie_Monster and I can have a race to be the first member

Set it at something realistic like 15000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

To be honest the post count won't matter, who the hell actually knows how many bikes Beasty has got? I mean, you'll give me a number but you can be sure it'll have changed by the time he comes on to confirm it, he's probably out buying one right now... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

rizzodun wrote: »
    To be honest the post count won't matter, who the hell actually knows how many bikes Beasty has got? I mean, you'll give me a number but you can be sure it'll have changed by the time he comes on to confirm it, he's probably out buying one right now... :pac:

Some say his post count reflects the number of bikes in his shed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Zyzz wrote: »
    Some say his post count reflects the number of bikes in his shed..

Lol, some say he's the stig of biking....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Picked up a couple of "2015 KOMs" earlier on my commute, seems to be a new thing from strava.

https://twitter.com/Strava/status/550598622652694528

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

I think annual leader boards is a great idea. It makes each new year a new contest.

In most of the popular segments mere mortals (i.e. me) had almost no chance of getting a ranking place on a leaderboard let alone a KOM. As time went by with more users and more total rides the leaderboard part of strava became less relevant to me as i knew i would look and just be mid-table on segments. I got the impression that KOMs had been achieved by A1 riders in packs on days with really strong tailwinds.

I don't think anythings been taken away from top Strava riders as they can still look for all time placings as well as annual KOMs but it adds motivation for everyone else as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

PCX wrote: »
    I think annual leader boards is a great idea. It makes each new year a new contest.

Agreed, I think something like Personal Best, Annual Best and All Time Best would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

Idleater wrote: »
    Agreed, I think something like Personal Best, Annual Best and All Time Best would be great.
    In what way would differ from what's currently in place? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

In what way would differ from what's currently in place? :confused:
    Not much, I commented before I had actually logged in to see, I was just surprised how long such a simple feature took to be released. Every Olympics shows athletes' pbs alongside or and write times. Ar is just another simple way of keeping interest going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Idleater wrote: »
    Not much, I commented before I had actually logged in to see, I was just surprised how long such a simple feature took to be released. Every Olympics shows athletes' pbs alongside or and write times. Ar is just another simple way of keeping interest going.

I've picked up a good few over two spins this year. Tbh I'd prefer to see my own PR's / 2nds etc as opposed to these, especially when viewing on the phone. While it was lovely to see a hoard of my first crowns coming in, the novelty soon wore off!

They'll be gone soon enough anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

I went on a long endurance ride today - just looks silly: http://app.strava.com/activities/236693210

There wasn't a time close to any of my PRs for any of the segments. As someone said - will be somewhat meaningful come December 31st 2015...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

I went on a long endurance ride today - just looks silly: http://app.strava.com/activities/236693210

There wasn't a time close to any of my PRs for any of the segments. As someone said - will be somewhat meaningful come December 31st 2015...

Nice Rap sheet of 2015 KOM's, how many emails now to receive notifying these are taken?

Just notice you state low carb breakfast, is LCHF a yearly thing or periodical? How to you approach cycling with LCHF compared with usual carb loading?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Dang - 2 'Uh-oh!' emails in 24 hours - both Polish riders. Coming over here , taking our jobs and our KOM's ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

PM me the segments, we need to take them back from these barstewards!

Uh-oh, wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

I'll lead you out for them Colm, can't be having that sort of nonsense! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Massive effort from a boardsie club member deserves kudos, right?
    He must be in beast mode
    rwjn84.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭G1032

There used to be a feature on Strava that would tell you distance cycled compared to the same point in time in the previous year(s)?

I can't seem to find that info now.

Anyone know where to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

I know you can do that on veloviewer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

G1032 wrote: »
    There used to be a feature on Strava that would tell you distance cycled compared to the same point in time in the previous year(s)?

I can't seem to find that info now.

Anyone know where to get it?
    It comes up when you click 'My Profile'. (It does for me anyway).

12 element wrote: »
    I know you can do that on veloviewer!

It's a bit of a cumbersome process on Veloviewer though!!

Cheers. I'll check that out

Cheers. I'll check that out

Nope!
    I can get total distance for previous years but not to a specific point in time.
    I might just email them. I know it's there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

Nope!
    I can get total distance for previous years but not to a specific point in time.
    I might just email them. I know it's there somewhere.

If you use the chrome browser try the Stravastix extension, adds loads of stats aand functionality to the Strava page

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stravistix-for-strava/dhiaggccakkgdfcadnklkbljcgicpckn

nilhg wrote: »
    If you use the chrome browser try the Stravastix extension, adds loads of stats aand functionality to the Strava page

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stravistix-for-strava/dhiaggccakkgdfcadnklkbljcgicpckn

That's it !!
    Thanks a million :)
    I had that extension disabled for some reason. Enabled again and the info is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Can anyone tell me why Strava auto-pauses permanently on my Galaxy S7?

I've disabled the battery usage checking thing so it's not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Lumen wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why Strava auto-pauses permanently on my Galaxy S7?

I've disabled the battery usage checking thing so it's not that.

You're crap at it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    You're crap at it?

Sorry, that shouldn't have been a question. More a statement of fact. You're welcome!

Advertisement