Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Faction Rally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Its funny cause I didn't vote until I saw the Community post, and then I voted and swung it to DO and overwrote your Community post.

Muwhahahahahahha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,972 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Its funny cause I didn't vote until I saw the Community post, and then I voted and swung it to DO and overwrote your Community post.

Muwhahahahahahha :pac:

I CALLED IT. IT WAS OVER.

FUTURE WAR CULT WON

Typical Exo propaganda. Where are your sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

FWC won the vote when factions went live.

I believe the popular vote going to DO is purely down to voter fraud, and I am going to be calling for an expensive audit of all votes and voter fraud counter measures until I am confident that others will have gotten bored of the argument.

This audit of totally real voter fraud in the popular vote should, in no way, be considered an obstructionary tactic simply trying to pull peoples attention away from any more pressing or important matters.

I am simply looking out for you, the real supporters of Clans 1 and 2. I want to make our clan great again, and FWC is the way to do that. Dead Orbit, would be an illegitimate victor - you only have to look at the stories in RT to show how shady Dead Orbit are - look at them in their little hovel. I bet they don't even use properly encryped email channels in their communications.

no way jose.

timer on poll was upto 15:00 i checked in at half 2 and dead orbit were winning.

huzzah dead orbit the rightful champions

This poll is closed

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So what's the consensus on the best weapon? If the scout rifle was fully automatic is go for that but I don't think it is.

I'll probably go for the pulse rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Gear?? who care about gear, tess's gear looks bada$$ for the titan so ill be trying to pick all that up!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That FWC scout looks like the best weapon on offer. I got a dead orbit pulse rifle three times yesterday, one of which was from Kayde's chests the other two from handing in tokens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That FWC scout looks like the best weapon on offer. I got a dead orbit pulse rifle three times yesterday, one of which was from Kayde's chests the other two from handing in tokens.

pulse any use? any other weapons dropped for you yet?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SeanHarty wrote: »
    pulse any use? any other weapons dropped for you yet?

Seemed pretty crap, high impact low fire rate. that's the only DO weapon I've seen so far, I got Hawthorne's shotgun from a DO package though so it seems they can drop loot from anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Poorly implemented content, no way to even check the scoreboard, how hard would that have been to add either in director or tower. I like the way the token drop system works though, that's a great add to D2.

Surprised there's not more NM around considering Bungie make you run all the way back to pick the others!

I'm not really impressed by High Impact Pulses in D2, period. Seems the downtime between bursts is so long I could go have a smoke.

Also, if you're doing the Milestone for the Faction Wars, it takes 5 Lost Sectors to complete if you blow up all 3 stashes in each sector. I missed on so had to do 6.

In saying that, I do find the Lost Sectors a nice addition to the game, it's a shame though that their loot becomes largely irrelevant so early though, they were not seeing their true potential utilised. So needing to go do them for the event is a good choice imho :)

I'm not really impressed by High Impact Pulses in D2, period. Seems the downtime between bursts is so long I could go have a smoke.

Also, if you're doing the Milestone for the Faction Wars, it takes 5 Lost Sectors to complete if you blow up all 3 stashes in each sector. I missed on so had to do 6.

In saying that, I do find the Lost Sectors a nice addition to the game, it's a shame though that their loot becomes largely irrelevant so early though, they were not seeing their true potential utilised. So needing to go do them for the event is a good choice imho :)

There is 3 in each of them? I know some have six, but I went into a few in the EDZ yesterday that I could only see 2 in.

Incredible that Strikes are less rewarding than public events.

Raid didn't seem as rewarding as you would expect either, imo. (Par for the course with this damned raid)

There is 3 in each of them? I know some have six, but I went into a few in the EDZ yesterday that I could only see 2 in.

I wasn't really paying attention fully to be honest. Maybe you're right. But of the 6 I visitied, at least 5 had 3x of em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Incredible that Strikes are less rewarding than public events

Twas raining tokens for myself, Chimp & Neglit on Io last night.

Two important pieces of information:

Faction Engram Reward Limit: After a Character has earned 30 Faction Engrams in a single Faction Rally event, any additional Faction Engrams earned will only reward that Character with Shaders. This limit will be reset at the beginning of the next Faction Rally event.

Destroying Enemy Supplies: Only the player that destroyed an enemy supplies will receive a Faction reputation token. Players will not receive Faction reputation tokens for any enemy supplies destroyed by a Fireteam member, enemy combatant damage, or other means.
    (https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46312)

I feel I could leave the party level a new alt complete the story get to max light and re-join the party in the the time it takes you to build a smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,951 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It's actually quite decent in PvP, obv better at range than in the tight.

Two important pieces of information:

Faction Engram Reward Limit: After a Character has earned 30 Faction Engrams in a single Faction Rally event, any additional Faction Engrams earned will only reward that Character with Shaders. This limit will be reset at the beginning of the next Faction Rally event.

Destroying Enemy Supplies: Only the player that destroyed an enemy supplies will receive a Faction reputation token. Players will not receive Faction reputation tokens for any enemy supplies destroyed by a Fireteam member, enemy combatant damage, or other means.
    (https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46312)

So a big deal is made out of Guided Games and getting people to clan up. Then the first event forces you to play part of it solo.

It's like night and day.

So a big deal is made out of Guided Games and getting people to clan up. Then the first event forces you to play part of it solo.

It's like night and day.

One part of it, yes. Lost sectors. You can run pvp, public events, strikes, nightfall and raid reward full group.

• Advertisement

One part of it, yes. Lost sectors. You can run pvp, public events, strikes, nightfall and raid reward full group.

Yeah you can do 90% in a group. I was making a big deal out of nothing.

GOD DAMN IT NEW MONARCHY.... GIVE ME THE SCOUT RIFLE.

Got the dead orbit hand cannon.

Got to say I like it, visually its like old fashioned but the base stats are a bit better,

A little less impact than better devils, but it has a way higher reload speed way higher.

Also has 13 rounds mag like devils but has triple tap.

If you hit all crits that's 17 rounds per clip, doable on most enemies.
    Plus the fast reload= dps machine.

Also I'm probably wrong and it will be **** somehow.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Got the dead orbit hand cannon.

Got to say I like it, visually its like old fashioned but the base stats are a bit better,

A little less impact than better devils, but it has a way higher reload speed way higher.

Also has 13 rounds mag like devils but has triple tap.

If you hit all crits that's 17 rounds per clip, doable on most enemies.
    Plus the fast reload= dps machine.

Also I'm probably wrong and it will be **** somehow.

As far as I know, even with the slightly less impact it kills quicker than better devil.

Higher fire rate and the same amount of shots (2 crit, 2 body)

As far as I know, even with the slightly less impact it kills quicker than better devil.

Higher fire rate and the same amount of shots (2 crit, 2 body)

Yep I seen that in a review, its big minus point is range better devils has way better range mainly due to explosive rounds having no damage drop off

Bugger.

Dead Orbit won.

I didn't pledge DO.

I dont have 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I have 50. Is the gun worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wouldn't spend 50,000 glimmer on it but it's not bad. Very high impact and range but slow firing and only 12/13 in mag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

All hail the space emo's

Pity their Warlock armour looks like poo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I got killed a few times in Crucible from it but it's a very long distance gun.
    I was using Mida and in several 1 v 1's I lost them all - purely because the range difference.
    I expect it's not useful passed very long range.

But PvP does seem to be campy and more range orientated now...

Advertisement