Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Some truly moronic decision making by the Sharks that game, fair play to the Cowboys for grinding out the win.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Some truly moronic decision making by the Sharks that game, fair play to the Cowboys for grinding out the win.

Delighted! I thought it wasn't going to be our day when the Sharks scored very early - thankfully the Cows showed great tenacity and won the second half! I still can't believe it - what a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Amazing result for the Cowboys. I thought Gallen was going to win it for the Sharks at the end.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Amazing result for the Cowboys. I thought Gallen was going to win it for the Sharks at the end.

Think the notion of glory went to his head, iirc they had two more tackles to have a crack at a drop goal, that would have won them the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

annnnnd , the porch lights have been turned back on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

annnnnd , the porch lights have been turned back on :D

very good

Looking forward to the Broncos Panthers game, fancy Brisbane.

In other news Manly coaching staff ended up in a punch up with each other outside a pub the other night.

and the assistant coach has just been sacked. that was the closest thing to Mad Monday so far this season

Broncos v Panthers now on Freesports or Eir Sports 2.

Bit of a grind of a game that one. Broncos got the job done though, I doubt Storm will be too worried.

• Advertisement

The collision involving Corey Oates was one of the sickest I've ever seen. Scary as hell. Hope the guy is going to be okay.

The game in general was a real war and you'd have to say it would take almost a miracle for this Broncos side to compete with a fresh and rested Storm side.

Eels vs Cowboys coming up Saturday. That could be a lot of fun.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Great win for the Cowboys. Taumalolo was a beast once again and Morgan was great too. I feel for Radradra being on the losing side as I thought he played well and his try was one of the best moments.

It would be pretty incredible if the Cowboys can knock off the Roosters and make the final and I wouldn't rule it out. I give them far more of a chance than the Broncos against the Storm.

Great win for the Cowboys. Taumalolo was a beast once again and Morgan was great too. I feel for Radradra being on the losing side as I thought he played well and his try was one of the best moments.

It would be pretty incredible if the Cowboys can knock off the Roosters and make the final and I wouldn't rule it out. I give them far more of a chance than the Broncos against the Storm.

Delighted with the win today - Coote saved a certain Radradra try - and Lowe's effort pushed them wide for a missed conversion. I think it will be close against the Roosters - much closer than the last time we played them.

IMG_20170917_231117.jpg

Cowboys v Storm Final

... and Unlucky Parra :D:D:D

Cowboys v Storm Final

... and Unlucky Parra :D:D:D

I'm amazed the Cowboys have done as well as they have, they were like an emergency ward for weeks at the end of the season. Storm are going to win the whole thing handily enough though I fear, I'd take any of the other teams over Melbourne.

Des Hasler is not getting his contract renewed, (more accurately, the club aren't activating the extension in his contract for next year), the Bulldogs are looking for a new coach.

Hasler has been sacked. good luck to him in the future but the doggies need someone to breathe life into them

Madge is rumoured to be belmore bound.......My Physio is Eddie Farah , Robbies brother and head physio of Souths. He said the other day the squad is pissed off at the new head coach already because he's calling them in at 7am for training

Madge is rumoured to be belmore bound.......My Physio is Eddie Farah , Robbies brother and head physio of Souths. He said the other day the squad is pissed off at the new head coach already because he's calling them in at 7am for training

He'd be a good coach for the Bulldogs, well he'd be a good pick for any team really.

Thought Seibold would be keen to ease into his first head coach job but sounds like he's going all guns blazing at Souths.

• Advertisement

Darius Boyd and Corey Oates have been cleared to face the Storm on Friday. Does anyone give Broncos a chance to win?

I can't see past a Storm win given they will be the fresher side.

Darius Boyd and Corey Oates have been cleared to face the Storm on Friday. Does anyone give Broncos a chance to win?

I can't see past a Storm win given they will be the fresher side.

I can't see anything but a Storm win either, would love to be proved wrong.

storm will win way too strong for the broncos

That try just before half time will kill the game I think.

That try just before half time will kill the game I think.

It certainly did - can't believe they held Broncos to nil - they are unbelievable.

Can't believe Broncos didn't land a glove on them. Squandered decent chances in the first half and the try before half time looked a hammer blow. I thought Broncos got some unpleasant cheap shots in during the second half. I know they were frustrated but it was poor form.

Going to be very tough to stop Storm from winning the Grand Final as they still look like they can go up another gear. Tomorrow's game should be a lot closer I reckon.

Can't believe Broncos didn't land a glove on them. Squandered decent chances in the first half and the try before half time looked a hammer blow. I thought Broncos got some unpleasant cheap shots in during the second half. I know they were frustrated but it was poor form.

Going to be very tough to stop Storm from winning the Grand Final as they still look like they can go up another gear. Tomorrow's game should be a lot closer I reckon.

Nervous about facing the Roosters tomorrow - hoping for an upset - we will have to get off to
    A good start to stand a chance - I have to admit I never thought we would get this far without Thurston but Morgan has excelled and the other JT has been immense - fingers crossed but it is going to be much tougher than the Sharks game

For as good as the Cowboys were, the Roosters just didn't turn up.

Would love the Cowboys to win the final now, they've been brilliant to watch, after all the injuries a few weeks back I had them written off.

Morgan looks some player, JT who?

Congrats Danick.

For as good as the Cowboys were, the Roosters just didn't turn up.

Would love the Cowboys to win the final now, they've been brilliant to watch, after all the injuries a few weeks back I had them written off.

Morgan looks some player, JT who?

Congrats Danick.

Cheers mate - words cannot describe how happy I feel - I loved the way we didn't give up after 2 big mistakes that cost us two tries - either of those mistakes could have broken their spirits but they never moved away from their mantra of playing for the full 80 minutes - it would really polish the day off if my son or daughter was born today - due date was yesterday - wish us luck!

• Advertisement

Danick wrote: »
    Cheers mate - words cannot describe how happy I feel - I loved the way we didn't give up after 2 big mistakes that cost us two tries - either of those mistakes could have broken their spirits but they never moved away from their mantra of playing for the full 80 minutes - it would really polish the day off if my son or daughter was born today - due date was yesterday - wish us luck!

Ooooh, good luck then! Look forward to hearing about little JT Danick!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement