Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Squeaky bum time for Penrith for the next 10 minutes. 28-0 down. If it gets to 38, they could miss out on the play offs if the Dragons win tomorrow...

Penrith did enough in the end then, Storm go marching on (don't think I'll bother watching that.)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Manly were very impressive.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

So the regular season is over, on to the Play offs!

IMG_20170903_183042.jpg

Roosters, Storm, Sea Eagles and Sharks for me.

Dragons just not good enough when it counted.

Some good games to look forward to. I will predict wins for the Broncos, Storm, Panthers and Sharks.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

IMG_20170904_073411.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

some interesting games there

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Matt Moylan out for the finals for "personal reasons" .......

Matt Moylan out for the finals for "personal reasons" .......

Saw that alright, what's the rumour there?

In other news, Bunnies need a new coach.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/09/05/rabbitohs_and_michae.html

sounds like he joined the "i fcuked a teammates missus" club....
    I know , devastated beyond words. I just met him last friday!!!!

I know , devastated beyond words. I just met him last friday!!!!

Doubt he'll be out of work long. Seems like a decent bloke.

• Advertisement

Gold coast so the story goes......

Gold coast so the story goes......

He should get shot of Hayne and free up their salary cap if he goes there.

who would buy hayne at this rate? he's like a cancer to clubs lately

who would buy hayne at this rate? he's like a cancer to clubs lately

True, maybe just suck it next season and hope he gets some kind of interest back/or form back. He won't be at the Titans after then anyway.

James Graham has signed a three year deal with the Dragons. Generous to give him the three years, but still an excellent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

James Graham has signed a three year deal with the Dragons. Generous to give him the three years, but still an excellent player.

I will miss him ,always gave 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

A quality player

good friday clashes wont be the same without him and grub reynolds.......did I hear Grub is off to Cronulla?

If anyone is interested in having a punt - the odds for a draw in all four games are favourable

Great story from the Bulldogs awards night, he was willing to give up thousands and thousands of his own contracted money to keep Reynolds at the Bulldogs.

http://www.seriousaboutrl.com/graham-prepared-sacrifice-200000-best-mate-9779/

• Advertisement

I managed to catch the whole Roosters vs Broncos game earlier and it was one of the most fun games I've seen this season. It looked like the Roosters were going to run away with it early on but the Broncos clawed their way back into things. I thought they were going to pull off an unlikely win until Latrell Mitchell showed his quality and decided the contest. He is unreal for a lad of twenty. Shame there were so many empty seats for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

What's the thought process of the Sydney teams playing in the Allianz for the play offs? Purely to get as many people in as possible?

Manly looked great last week for the game against Penrith, it was packed out! But tomorrow they play in the Allianz.

PhilipsR wrote: »
    What's the thought process of the Sydney teams playing in the Allianz for the play offs? Purely to get as many people in as possible?

Manly looked great last week for the game against Penrith, it was packed out! But tomorrow they play in the Allianz.

They do it in the regular season too, vast swathes of empty seats, mad, when traditional grounds always seem so much better. Stupid decision imo.

It's even more baffling when teams basically lose their home advantage. Kind of negates the whole playing for home play off games for the Sydney teams especially.

Guys - I hope ye got up to watch Storm vs Eels - fastest half of Rugby League I have seen in ages - it's brilliant so far.

Incredible two early second half tries for the Storm.

The Eels follow up with their own miracle try :pac:

18-16.

Radradra is on fire at the minute. I can't wait to see how the Eels fare against the Storm next week. Most pundits seems to think Storm will win handily but I think it could be close.

I knew the Eels would make a good go of it. :cool:

They were both compelling games. Storm are deserving favourites but things were off for them on quite a few occasions. Was that first try for Storm legit? I saw some complaints about it but the replays I saw didn't leave me any the wiser.

I knew the Eels would make a good go of it. :cool:

They were both compelling games. Storm are deserving favourites but things were off for them on quite a few occasions. Was that first try for Storm legit? I saw some complaints about it but the replays I saw didn't leave me any the wiser.

Haven't watched the game yet but Storm get far more calls their way imo, Cameron Smith is like the third official most weeks.

• Advertisement

Penrith Manly was a great game, loads of video ref decisions, thought he got them all right as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement