Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Faction Rally

Options
  • 22-09-2017 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,007 ✭✭✭✭

So, Faction Rally starting on Tuesday - who are you gonna pledge to and, more importantly, represent?

Pledge to a faction (one per char) - faction that is leveled up the most by ALL GUARDIANS wins - and people pledged to that faction can buy a weapons from them for 1000glimmer. Guardians not pledged to the winning factions can buy the same weapon for 50k glimmer.

Dead Orbit - Scout Rifle.
    New Monarchy - Side Arm.
    Future War Cult - Pulse Rifle.

Other weapons, and armour, shaders etc are shown as, I assume, droppable from Faction Packages.

You rank up factions by doing basically anything in the game. Patrols, Events, Lost Sectors, PvP, Strikes, NF, Raid.

Who are the Clans gonna Rep 34 votes

Future War Cult
    0% 0 votes
    Dead Orbit
    47% 16 votes
    New Monarchy
    52% 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Dead orbit, love a bit of scout rifle, also a cheap and quick way to melt five into my mida quest.

Edit: do they say what the guns/perks will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'll probably go Titan - Dead Orbit , Warlock - FWC and Hunter New Monarchy.
    Cover all bases you know.

I saw a video on it today that basically said
    DO - crap armour and guns, nice shaders
    FWC - Nice guns
    NM - nice armour

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Always like Dead Orbit in the original but can't be bothered with scout riffles. Probably go FWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,007 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Dead orbit, love a bit of scout rifle, also a cheap and quick way to melt five into my mida quest.

Edit: do they say what the guns/perks will be?

Nope.

I've been looking but can't find info.

You CAN get info on the DO Handcannon, FWC Auto and a couple of others, as they have dropped in the game already.

Can't remember what the other two that drop are. One is a high impact Pulse but I can't remember if it is DO or NM.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'll probably go Titan - Dead Orbit , Warlock - FWC and Hunter New Monarchy.
    Cover all bases you know.

I saw a video on it today that basically said
    DO - crap armour and guns, nice shaders
    FWC - Nice guns
    NM - nice armour

I'll pledge to the the three - but I won't have time (or inclination) to grind faction packages for all three. Dunno which one I will actively try to faction up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

FWC on my warlock, and if I get around to leveling up my 2 other characters, will pledge the other 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Would have been kinda cool if they made it a clan wide thingy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

As admins, lets just take a 'behind closed doors' decision and dictate Dead Orbit or else! :rolleyes:

From what I'm reading, it's one and done. No Switching. Or maybe one and done for the duration of the Event, as it ends 3rd October. Then, next time, we can choose another Faction.

As admins, lets just take a 'behind closed doors' decision and dictate Dead Orbit or else! :rolleyes:

From what I'm reading, it's one and done. No Switching. Or maybe one and done for the duration of the Event, as it ends 3rd October. Then, next time, we can choose another Faction.

now now lets not bring up the war, the toys are still on the floor after they were throw out of the pram

yeah.

To be honest I am a little disappointed.

The rally doesn't actually change anything - play the same activities in the same way, but earn something extra/different.

I would have liked, and maybe we will be surprised and it will still come:

A story event regarding their return.
    A couple of story missions/quests (like the blue marker quests) for each faction.
    Some bonus for being all one factions - ie. beating the raid will all members being FWC.
    A PvP faction vs faction mode.

Also disappointing there is nothing unique about any of the faction stuff. All just reskins.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

yeah.

To be honest I am a little disappointed.

The rally doesn't actually change anything - play the same activities in the same way, but earn something extra/different.

I would have liked, and maybe we will be surprised and it will still come:

A story event regarding their return.
    A couple of story missions/quests (like the blue marker quests) for each faction.
    Some bonus for being all one factions - ie. beating the raid will all members being FWC.
    A PvP faction vs faction mode.

Also disappointing there is nothing unique about any of the faction stuff. All just reskins.

Agreed. Just do exactly what you've been doing the last few weeks oh but look here's a different npc to give tokens to. It's pretty much just the same system from the first game with a very slight twist. To me the game feels more like a glorified expansion/soft reboot than an out and out sequel at this stage unfortunately.

Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_3.31.31_PM.png

Yeah, to be perfectly honest, it's a bit sh!t€.
    It's essentially "Grind for this 1 gun, which is like other guns, but coloured kinda different like"?
    Can ye add a poll option to this thread?
    Maybe we can be the deciding factor this season

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

As your Mod overlord I demand you side with no faction :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    As your Mod overlord I demand you side with no faction :P

Sticking your head into threads now like:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Agreed. Just do exactly what you've been doing the last few weeks oh but look here's a different npc to give tokens to. It's pretty much just the same system from the first game with a very slight twist. To me the game feels more like a glorified expansion/soft reboot than an out and out sequel at this stage unfortunately.

Yup, like I posted in another thread yesterday, definitely feels like a step in the right direction, (no more motes for upgrading sub-class/weapons). But then other stuff, it seems they ran out of time in the end. The vault layout, strikes etc etc...

There was always reports about how hard it was to add new content into Destiny 1 and now the rumours are that the engine has been re-written and new content will be easier. I feel a lot of stuff we're missing will come eventually.

As for factions, back to my original's. FWC for titan, DO for hunter and FWC for warlock.

I was serious about the poll like.... :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ill add it when I get home in about 30 mins.

Here's what the Factions think of your Pole

cKxVe9YIGV.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This will be fine if they dont drop or sell the weapons at the poxy '5 levels below' thing thats going on once you hit 265.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My main will be Dead Orbit I reckon.

Angron wrote: »
    My main will be Dead Orbit I reckon.

eh, i think you mean we will see what the poll says.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

eh, i think you mean we will see what the poll says.

Future War Cult for life :D. There the only cult honest enough to put cult in there name.

So..... the Clan has spoken.

Y'all wanted binding votes on these matters - so we are Future War Cult for Faction Rally kiddos. I expect to see you repping the cult - decked out in blue, yellow, white(?) and red. LETS GO. WE HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE! (But apparently not the Cabal attacking... that wasn't future enough).

Obviously you are not going to be kicked for not going with the wishes of the majority vote, but we are going to look at you with an ever so slightly disapproving glance, as we then proceed to forget all about it and struggle to maintain a will to care about this Faction Event.

You have been warned!

Y'all wanted binding votes on these matters - so we are Future War Cult for Faction Rally kiddos. I expect to see you repping the cult - decked out in blue, yellow, white(?) and red. LETS GO. WE HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE! (But apparently not the Cabal attacking... that wasn't future enough).

Obviously you are not going to be kicked for not going with the wishes of the majority vote, but we are going to look at you with an ever so slightly disapproving glance, as we then proceed to forget all about it and struggle to maintain a will to care about this Faction Event.

You have been warned!

Its OK, Dead Orbit will still have me :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Its OK, Dead Orbit will still have me :P

Disappoving glance at the person not going with the vote....

You have been warned!

imagine a community wanting a say when it comes to big changes, madness! :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jaysus, no love for New Monarchy at all.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Jaysus, no love for New Monarchy at all.

Everyone is secretly going NM :P

Advertisement