Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Clan clean up/migrations/management

• 04-07-2017 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all - we have done a tidy of the clans over the last day.

If you are in Clan 3, please move to clan 2 - https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/658545.

Don't forget to set Clan 2 as your PS4 clan.

We are also going to let people in clan 2 migrate to Clan 1 if they want to.

We are going to kick people from Clan 3 by the end of the week, and then possibly get rid of that clan (for the time being), so if you can get yourself moved before then that would be great.

Generic has messaged all the clan 3 people on PSN and Bungie.
    I believe Generic has also messaged a bunch of people in clan 2 about moving to clan 1 too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

F**k Bungie.nets Clan System. It's already throwing up so many issues. I hope when it migrates it's less cr@p.
    If you have issues, let me know on PSN/Bungie. I might not be able to help, but I can try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Thanks guys

I just did it on my second PSN, still unable to do anything on my main account, been like this since y1. I think its because I joined the xbox clan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

How I see fats

G7VvmiOl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dudeeile wrote: »
    How I see fats

G7VvmiOl.jpg

I don't see a DS or PC to play Destiny on... Clearly not Bohrio and is some amateur impersonating him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Couch Co-Op confirmed?

• Advertisement

Couch Co-Op confirmed?

Nah that's just weekly reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Hey,

I was wondering if there were any spots free in either of the two clans.
    There are about 7 of us looking to join if possible.

Cheers

Hey,

I was wondering if there were any spots free in either of the two clans.
    There are about 7 of us looking to join if possible.

Cheers

Tolerance for "Clan Hopping" is at an all time low.

So there's spaces there alright, but before commiting to anything, just consider that leaving gets you banned from the clan and kicked/banned from the community (this is now a blanket rule we're applying to everyone based on a few bad apples over the years so no offence)

There's spaces in Clan 2 if you're interested in joining there.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545

So there's spaces there alright, but before commiting to anything, just consider that leaving gets you banned from the clan and kicked/banned from the community https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545

That doesn't sound very friendly :pac: it's joining a clan not drawing down a mortgage with T&C's ;)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That doesn't sound very friendly :pac: it's joining a clan not drawing down a mortgage with T&C's ;)

Things are very different on PSN. After 3 years of managing chat groups with a max of 100 people for Clans of 240 people (at the time) it becomes tiring seeing people Clan Hop (i genuinely don't give a tuppeny f**k about the reasons) and then be in a "Clan Chat" but not in said Clan and then are basically blocking a genuine Clan member from having a spot leaving them out in the cold. 240 into 100 does not fit.

It's been great having so many active people in the clans/ps4 etc, but it's one of the downsides that a handful of people mucking about coming and going between clans has basically kind of ruined any semblance of flexibility.

It's genuinely something you'd only be able to truly understand if you had 1st hand experience of it (not just as an Admin, but as a user), I think most of the old school PS4 players can understand the over alll frustration at trying to manage this craic.. We've always tried to do the fairest thing for the very vast majority and overall things have been great. We're just very, very, very much done with facilitating clan hopping :P

• Advertisement

Things are very different on PSN. After 3 years of managing chat groups with a max of 100 people for Clans of 240 people (at the time) it becomes tiring seeing people Clan Hop (i genuinely don't give a tuppeny f**k about the reasons) and then be in a "Clan Chat" but not in said Clan and then are basically blocking a genuine Clan member from having a spot leaving them out in the cold. 240 into 100 does not fit.

It's been great having so many active people in the clans/ps4 etc, but it's one of the downsides that a handful of people mucking about coming and going between clans has basically kind of ruined any semblance of flexibility.

It's genuinely something you'd only be able to truly understand if you had 1st hand experience of it (not just as an Admin, but as a user), I think most of the old school PS4 players can understand the over alll frustration at trying to manage this craic.. We've always tried to do the fairest thing for the very vast majority and overall things have been great. We're just very, very, very much done with facilitating clan hopping :P

Do Clan 1 and Clan 2 link now or has Bungie not bothered with that?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do Clan 1 and Clan 2 link now or has Bungie not bothered with that?

They haven't bothered with it. "Alliances" are gone. Its anarchy now. I haven't heard from Clan 3 in a long while. Hope they are ok

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I haven't heard from Clan 3 in a long while. Hope they are ok

I heard they met up for beers and are still partying hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is there a new chat on PS4 or are we using the Community page ?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Community page is where it's at, better visibility and options imo.

^ This guy gets it. Community shill cheque in the mail!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Not in strange coins thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Uh.... No. Sorry Abuses, the clan has been dissolved and no one plays Destiny any more.

Oooofff! Abuses just got Bradzoned!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Tolerance for "Clan Hopping" is at an all time low.

So there's spaces there alright, but before commiting to anything, just consider that leaving gets you banned from the clan and kicked/banned from the community (this is now a blanket rule we're applying to everyone based on a few bad apples over the years so no offence)

There's spaces in Clan 2 if you're interested in joining there.

Thanks for the invite. Can fully appreciate your comments. No worries here in that regard..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

API is completely locked down too, with no idea as to when it'll be opened up.
    So I expect the companion app won't be available either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

sent a request to join the clan on ps4..

ps id...... BAZ171075

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I was in Clan 2 on the original Destiny, sent a request there as Rob_Velocity.

Can ye make sure to send me friend requests too please so we can add ye to the community

Copied part of this from the sticky

HOW TO JOIN CLAN 2

PS Clan 2: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545
    Clan 2 Admins:
    - GenericDreadHead
    - Conovar
    - SolvableKnave
    - OptimusTractorX

Steps to joining the clan:

1. Follow the above links to the relevant Clan.
    2. Click "Join Clan" and await Admin approval (feel free to send a message to the relevant Admins).

Playstation 4 Community:
    At this point message (and send Friend Requests to) the 4 relevant Clan Admins above and they will invite you to join the PS4 Community (you will need to accept an invite for this). You can also search for this on Communities under: "Boards.ie Irish Destiny Clan". Access is limited to ONLY Clan members from both clans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Oooofff! Abuses just got Bradzoned!

Taking things way too far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Copied part of this from the sticky

HOW TO JOIN CLAN 2

PS Clan 2: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545
    Clan 2 Admins:
    - GenericDreadHead
    - Conovar
    - SolvableKnave
    - OptimusTractorX

Steps to joining the clan:

1. Follow the above links to the relevant Clan.
    2. Click "Join Clan" and await Admin approval (feel free to send a message to the relevant Admins).

Playstation 4 Community:
    At this point message (and send Friend Requests to) the 4 relevant Clan Admins above and they will invite you to join the PS4 Community (you will need to accept an invite for this). You can also search for this on Communities under: "Boards.ie Irish Destiny Clan". Access is limited to ONLY Clan members from both clans.

May get the mods to change the sign up thread op.

Mickeroo, where are you?

(Knave I need a scooby doo gif)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Oh is clan 1 full? Wasn't sure. Should I just join clan 2?

Kirby wrote: »
    Oh is clan 1 full? Wasn't sure. Should I just join clan 2?

Yes, come to me, it's safe and warm over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Haha. Fair enough. Signed up on that link there and added you on PSN. Cheers man!

I mostly just played Destiny 1 with IRL mates but 2 of them are on holidays at the moment and will miss the launch of D2 so I'm making the plunge. :)

Yes, come to me, it's safe and warm over here.

The warmth helps for when you are waiting around hours for him to be "Done in 10 minutes."

Clan 2 notifications todays are like...

l1ghtsab3r-partyparrot.gif

THIS x1,000,000

If you have Community notifications disabled within your System -> Notifications settings it'll override whatever you have set as your preference within Communities and a lot of us probably disabled them in System settings as we're in that other LFG Community

Nope, this does not 'fix' the notification issue, I have both ticked and I still only get notified on replies and the random new responses after 10+ messages or whatever it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nope, this does not 'fix' the notification issue, I have both ticked and I still only get notified on replies and the random new responses after 10+ messages or whatever it is.

I never get community notifications on my one but just went into my PS Messages app and saw I had them disabled there, have a look and see is yours the same...

Will see then if it makes a difference

Fieldog wrote: »
    I never get community notifications on my one but just went into my PS Messages app and saw I had them disabled there, have a look and see is yours the same...

Will see then if it makes a difference

Talking about PS Communities on the PS, I don't get notifications on my phone and happy with that. Boxes have been ticked and checked and unticked and ticked again, same same.

Hmmmm, tbh I never actually had the general notifications "on" to notice if they were missing to be fair. So like if someone posts a general post, I never wanted those to notify me (comes from disabling the Message Notifications as they blocked the Radar in D1). But I do seem to get the notifications (on PSN and within the App) for when "Someone has replied to your post".

Honestly I've got the push notifications turned off my phone completely too so it doesn't give me any pop up etc, I have to actually navigate to the App. So my experience has been totally different as I am actively funnelling what I get sent to me. Whereas I appreciate for anyone who was used to getting a prompt for every message or who wants to read all the stuff, it's far more frustrating.

So if you're not getting a notification as soon as any post is made and you have it all set up correctly, I'll have to take ye're words for it tbh as thats stuff I avoid. I wonder if it's an Android centric issue as most people I spoke to who had this problem were using those :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hmmmm, tbh I never actually had the general notifications "on" to notice if they were missing to be fair. So like if someone posts a general post, I never wanted those to notify me (comes from disabling the Message Notifications as they blocked the Radar in D1). But I do seem to get the notifications (on PSN and within the App) for when "Someone has replied to your post".

Honestly I've got the push notifications turned off my phone completely too so it doesn't give me any pop up etc, I have to actually navigate to the App. So my experience has been totally different as I am actively funnelling what I get sent to me. Whereas I appreciate for anyone who was used to getting a prompt for every message or who wants to read all the stuff, it's far more frustrating.

So if you're not getting a notification as soon as any post is made and you have it all set up correctly, I'll have to take ye're words for it tbh as thats stuff I avoid. I wonder if it's an Android centric issue as most people I spoke to who had this problem were using those :/

Its not an Android centric problem Generic, you don't get notified on the console itself let alone from the phone app regardless of if it is a post to the wall or if it is a reply.

Its not an Android centric problem Generic, you don't get notified on the console itself let alone from the phone app regardless of if it is a post to the wall or if it is a reply.

I mean short of actually filming it happening, I don't know what to tell ye. Whenever someones replied to me on a Community, I'm getting a PSN notification straight away. :o

The Android comment was directly referencing what Dude said about the mobile App. I was talking about this with him a few weeks ago and we did chalk it down to different phone OS types as I had no issues on iOS and he wasn't getting anything on Android.

I reverted back to the current version of the PS Firmware. ~4.5 (or something) from the Beta for 5.0. Are ye all on Version 5.0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If only discord had a PSN app :-D

I couldn't care less about the phone app, I just want the console to work as you would expect, like messages.

Using communities on console I get notified on direct replies but nothing for new posts, this is bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I couldn't care less about the phone app, I just want the console to work as you would expect, like messages.

Using communities on console I get notified on direct replies but nothing for new posts, this is bad.
    This.

I end up leaving the tablet beside me and check the app every so often as it takes too long on the PS4.

Only get the odd notification as well and have all the needful boxes ticked.

Well thats been a miscommunication so. I wasn't sure which types of notifications we were talking about so and it seems the ones you want are the ones I am actually disabling :o

Well thats been a miscommunication so. I wasn't sure which types of notifications we were talking about so and it seems the ones you want are the ones I am actually disabling :o

I'm getting them on console alright, not on my app though, will run a few tests later and see who can see what...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

^this times 1000

I can only guess how annoying managing the messages group was, however i remember getting instant notifications of people doing strikes, crucibles exotic chests, nightfalls etc on chat and jumping in with people I didn`t play much with.

communities doesn't deliver whats it is supposed to and the only real benefit is having everyone in the one place....is that not what boards is for???

so why not just say have no notification on console at all and everything happen on boards website, shure you can get a notification on your phone when someone posts on boards, why would you need it on the console.

A new game is out im over 290 light already and i have still to do nf this week and raid yet, but ive yet to help any low light clan guys yet... there were loads of people posting for things when taken king came out, I just dont see that now.

clan just seems less open than it used to. there was never even a post thrown on boards to discuss the change just told this is it get on board, surely a change this big should have been floated on actual boards first. I'm sure others would have been happy to have had a input on the discussion.

I have left community and won't be going back without notifications its a dealbreaker, I know others who have told me the same but its not my place to name them here so I wont, so there was destiny clan website that has instant notifications, started to get traction and then was closed today again without the slighest hint of discussion, a bit infuriating really.

so as i was tight on time and no way to guarantee people even seen the post,
    i ended up having to go lfg to complete a exotic quest. the 2nd week the game comes out in a clan thats so big we cant have a message chat i end up using lfg .... yep congrats lads working as intended alright.

to the ineviteble reply of use communities, I stand by my point that you might as well use boards in terms of a timely reply.

right thats my 2c on the matter and the last i'm talking about it, its just something i feel i needed to throw out there place seems way way more clique driven than it ever was before.

*this is'nt a dig at anyone in particular by the way.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    ^this times 1000

I can only guess how annoying managing the messages group was, however i remember getting instant notifications of people doing strikes, crucibles exotic chests, nightfalls etc on chat and jumping in with people I didn`t play much with.

communities doesn't deliver whats it is supposed to and the only real benefit is having everyone in the one place....is that not what boards is for???

so why not just say have no notification on console at all and everything happen on boards website, shure you can get a notification on your phone when someone posts on boards, why would you need it on the console.

A new game is out im over 290 light already and i have still to do nf this week and raid yet, but ive yet to help any low light clan guys yet... there were loads of people posting for things when taken king came out, I just dont see that now.

clan just seems less open than it used to. there was never even a post thrown on boards to discuss the change just told this is it get on board, surely a change this big should have been floated on actual boards first. I'm sure others would have been happy to have had a input on the discussion.

I have left community and won't be going back without notifications its a dealbreaker, I know others who have told me the same but its not my place to name them here so I wont, so there was destiny clan website that has instant notifications, started to get traction and then was closed today again without the slighest hint of discussion, a bit infuriating really.

so as i was tight on time and no way to guarantee people even seen the post,
    i ended up having to go lfg to complete a exotic quest. the 2nd week the game comes out in a clan thats so big we cant have a message chat i end up using lfg .... yep congrats lads working as intended alright.

to the ineviteble reply of use communities, I stand by my point that you might as well use boards in terms of a timely reply.

right thats my 2c on the matter and the last i'm talking about it, its just something i feel i needed to throw out there place seems way way more clique driven than it ever was before.

*this is'nt a dig at anyone in particular by the way.

Up to you what you want to do man but the way it is is there nearly 200 people now, we can't have 2 groups of 100 people in PS messages, this would be fine if there wasn't a cap of 100 people on messages (that's a PSN thing) and there could even be more to join down the line, we might have to reopen the third clan again..

Yes we want people playing with low light level people and new people they don't normally get to play with, that's the whole idea from the start...

It's not our fault the restrictions of PSN, I'm open to trying other things possibly discord but I don't think there is any other way, but if you have any suggestions of what you would do we would love to hear them....

What would you use, I don't think using Boards itself is ideal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I'm with JCD on this one I have to say, since the game came out I haven't seen anyone really help anyone else, the only people ive played with are guys who I would have regularly played with before (Rossi, Wonda and TrueBlue)

I've already relayed my concerns to Generic though so I'm not going to go on about it.

Any1 needs help with anything in the game and they see me on feel free to send me a PM or just jump straight into my party, even if your soloing and want a bit of criac jump in I'm always up for the chats while messing about.

PSN Name: ImANoob08

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I'm with JCD on this one I have to say, since the game came out I haven't seen anyone really help anyone else, the only people ive played with are guys who I would have regularly played with before (Rossi, Wonda and TrueBlue)

I've already relayed my concerns to Generic though so I'm not going to go on about it.

Any1 needs help with anything in the game and they see me on feel free to send me a PM or just jump straight into my party, even if your soloing and want a bit of criac jump in I'm always up for the chats while messing about.

PSN Name: ImANoob08

What do you suggest then for a group of over 200 people where they can chat and set up LFG type stuff that is preferably on the console you are playing on?

I'm all ears, as if we got a solution to this, great, we don't at the moment, so we need to go with what we have, that's the boat we are in!

I know communities isn't great, I never said it was, but we genuinely have no other option for now, and we can't go back to trying to juggle around 200 people into PS messages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fieldog wrote: »
    What do you suggest then for a group of over 200 people where they can chat and set up LFG type stuff that is preferably on the console you are playing on?

And thats it right there.

Messages worked better when we had a group of 100 people, but excluded people beyond that limit.

The clan chat (i assume) gives in game notifications but limits it to the clan, so is no better than PSN messages.

Communities allows everyone to chat - but requires people to actively look at it it.

I floated the idea of a Discord set up before - phone app, notifications, no user limit, could set up different channels for different things. But - and its two massive negatives for it, and the reason we didn't go for it - no native PS app (so no in game notifications) and would require people to download a new app to their phone (which I reckon would end up getting very messy) or use on a separate computer/laptop/tablet.

We need a solution that allows all members of each clan to talk to each other. Communities does this. Messages and Clan chat do not. Any solution that doesn't cater to this requirement just is not a solution. Its that simple.

I've loooonnng and loudly made my own issues with communities known - but it is a better solution right now than Messages or Clan chat are (the only other options that are realistically available). Its one draw back, as it stands, is the in game notifications are wonky. So just look at it periodically to see if there is anything new. Thats the solution to the only real problem anyone has with it and I don't see that as being an unworkable workaround.

• Advertisement
Advertisement