Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Somewhat confused by the prime experience.
    Signed up Thursday. No vpn and in Ireland. Watched 2 episodes of preacher without an issue. Was looking forward to episode 3 when I was blocked access.
    Can still see an original content show e.g. Sneaky Pete. Doesn't explain why I could, then couldn't watch a non-original show.
    Customer experience is bad. They take your money up front then proceed to block. If thats the experience it probably won't take too long to watch the original content that is worth watching before stopping the sub.

Did you sign up on Primevideo.com or on the Amazon site?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Did you sign up on Primevideo.com or on the Amazon site?

Wasn't clear on the distinction tbh. Would have done so via amazon I guess. Tried the primevideo route and it worked. No real help available via the amazon route except an error code. Working now so back to Preacher after the match :o

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

Is Parks & Recreation and Nurse Jackie on it? I used to watch on the Amazon UK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

gabria wrote: »
    Is Parks & Recreation and Nurse Jackie on it? I used to watch on the Amazon UK

Neither available on primevideo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

There seems to be quite a few more movies added recently
    David Brent : life on the road is there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

Is The Grand Tour the only thing in 4k or HDR?
    Would've expected more content like that but it looks to be restricted on the Irish one by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

Keith186 wrote: »
    Is The Grand Tour the only thing in 4k or HDR?
    Would've expected more content like that but it looks to be restricted on the Irish one by the looks of it.

Yes.

I have been on to them about it, but it's like talking to a wall, they haven't a clue.

When they tried to give me a line about digital rights etc, I pointed out that there are examples of Amazon Originals that are available in 4K in the UK but not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

techdiver wrote: »
    Yes.

I have been on to them about it, but it's like talking to a wall, they haven't a clue.

When they tried to give me a line about digital rights etc, I pointed out that there are examples of Amazon Originals that are available in 4K in the UK but not here.

Cheers, thought there'd be a lot more as I had the UK prime trial initially and there looked to be a nice bit of 4k then.
    Disappointing from Amazon. At this rate I won't be renewing after I finish off a couple more series.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Watching Bosch on Amazon Prime at the moment and really enjoy it as well as the layout of the app itself.

That said, they released the second seasons of Red Oak and Hand of God today without promoting them at all on social media, even if they're good/bad/indifferent the fact they're adding new stuff should be promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

den87 wrote: »
    Watching Bosch on Amazon Prime at the moment and really enjoy it as well as the layout of the app itself.

That said, they released the second seasons of Red Oak and Hand of God today without promoting them at all on social media, even if they're good/bad/indifferent the fact they're adding new stuff should be promoted.

Surprisingly, there is an Irish specific twitter account:

https://twitter.com/PrimeVideoIE/with_replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

I've an Amazon Fire Stick (nice little device) and I just signed up for Amazon Prime Video using my ROI registered Amazon account.
    I can view TV series on my laptop but not on the TV via the Fire stick.
    I get an obscure Network_Error dialog and mention to contact cust.service.

Is this a known issue?
    Is this the issue whereby Amazon fire tv devices restricted to customers in UK, USA, Germany , Japan, Austria ?
    Seems odd that I can watch on my laptop but not on a device manufactured by *Amazon* ??

-ifc

Amazon Prime Video is now available in Ireland for an introductory price of €2.99/month (usually €5.99/month, I think).

Is it worth it? What shows/movies are on there that mightn't be on Netflix? What are their exclusives like?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This will tell you everything you can get on all streaming sites available in Ireland just click on whichever logo you want to check.

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/movies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Amazon Prime Video is now available in Ireland for an introductory price of €2.99/month (usually €5.99/month, I think).

Is it worth it? What shows/movies are on there that mightn't be on Netflix? What are their exclusives like?

When it first launched it was terrible, exclusives like Bosch or Man in High Castle only had first season, when second or third season already out on US version. Also had a really dreadful movie selection, no idea if it's improved, for 2.99 it's probably worth a punt to see, It couldn't have got any worse I don't think.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

For 12 months of the year? Nope, but I used it for a few months and got some good tv series, films out of it. There will come a time when you get fed up with Netflix, I'd suggest giving amazon prime a go and maybe going back to Netflix a few months after.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

This will tell you everything you can get on all streaming sites available in Ireland just click on whichever logo you want to check.

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/movies

That site is amazing. Thanks so much for the link! I was wondering if anywhere had a list of all available TV shows on Amazon here in Ireland. Its far less than I suspected, but at least its all laid out there to see. So handy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Just signed up today and will be canceling by the end of the month. Literally feck all available. Anything I wanted to watch I would have to pay for. What is the point in launching it, they definitely won't get customers from Netflix in its current form.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Just signed up today and will be canceling by the end of the month. Literally feck all available. Anything I wanted to watch I would have to pay for. What is the point in launching it, they definitely won't get customers from Netflix in its current form.

If you're seeing "pay" options, you're in the wrong place. Use primevideo.com the UK website won't work in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lilyzadi

I've been waiting so long for Amazon Prime Video to come to Ireland. Obviously it is some sort of joke though. Frankly, it's insulting what they have on there & I am literally opening a tab right now to cancel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

I think there is some decent stuff available now? I know at the start there was a lot if restrictions but now it accurately reflects what you can watch on the app etc

The Americans
    Mr. Robot
    Startup
    American gods
    bosch
    hand of god

To name a few. Fair enough it cant match Netflix on movies but still some decent stuff there for 2.99 a month for 6 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Occono wrote: »
    If you're seeing "pay" options, you're in the wrong place. Use primevideo.com the UK website won't work in Ireland.

I'm using the Amazon app on my Samsung TV and the Amazon android app and 99% of things have to be paid for. I'll try primevideo.com on my NUC.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Fear the Walking Dead and the entire XFiles series are on amazon prime ireland making it worth a punt for a month or two anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Preacher is decent too.
    Is there any way to view prime on a not smart tv with a chrome stick or fire
    Stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Preacher is decent too.
    Stick?

If the TV has a HDMI port they should both work.

They plug into that and turn your tv into a smart tv.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Preacher is decent too.
    Stick?

I found out you can also get the PS4 app just by making a secondary UK PSN account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Loughc wrote: »
    Fear the Walking Dead and the entire XFiles series are on amazon prime ireland making it worth a punt for a month or two anyway.

For 2.99 I'm dipping my toe in.

They have some stuff like American Gods, Preacher, x-files etc that I would be interested in.

No Chromecast support at the moment which is not great but you can cast your screen through Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

steve_r wrote: »
    For 2.99 I'm dipping my toe in.

They have some stuff like American Gods, Preacher, x-files etc that I would be interested in.

No Chromecast support at the moment which is not great but you can cast your screen through Chrome.

Are you able to watch American Gods on it? I could not when I was on it a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Are you able to watch American Gods on it? I could not when I was on it a few months ago.

Yep works fine for me. Bear in mind the offical Irish one only was announced last week.

They also have an "x-ray" feature - during any scene if you click the link it will name the actors in the scene and give you a link to their imdb page.

steve_r wrote: »
    Yep works fine for me. Bear in mind the offical Irish one only was announced last week.

It's been in Ireland for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭smiddyboy

I've had it for a couple of months, bu when i go to the primevideo.com website there is nothing there. One moviw and about 20 shows (all Amazon Originals). Can't see American gods or any other shows.

Had a chat online with Amazon and all they could say is that content gets added and removed all the time! Useless!

Anyone had this issue?

Advertisement