Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

kylith wrote:
    Some men believe it's a woman's/the other person's job to get out of their way. I've done some wee real-world tests of this myself and a lot of men will keep walking until they walk into you.

Interesting angle and I think the complete opposite is true.

I run quite a lot (in parks, not built up areas) and invariably only men will move aside to walk single file behind the person they are with. I can count on one hand the amount of times a woman has done that.....many times forcing me to step down onto the road with potential traffic from the other direction.

In this case the guy is totally out of line (although it's more careless and inconsiderate than callous). He shouldn't be running in the city anyway. ...pointless endeavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Ficheall wrote: »
    Are you really trying to drag gender into this? :rolleyes:

To be fair, in this stuation, the guy completely ignored a man on the path and ploughed straight into the woman a few seconds after.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ligerdub wrote: »

I run quite a lot (in parks, not built up areas) and invariably only men will move aside to walk single file behind the person they are with. I can count on one hand the amount of times a woman has done that.....many times forcing me to step down onto the road with potential traffic from the other direction.

In this case the guy is totally out of line (although it's more careless and inconsiderate than callous). He shouldn't be running in the city anyway. ...pointless endeavour.

he changed direction to move towards her as she tried to move out of his way. it was not careless and inconsiderate. it was deliberate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Why didnt someone stop him when he came back around?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Has anyone ever had those weird thoughts like 'what if I punch this person walking in my direction' or 'what would happen if I jumped out in front of this incoming train right now' (but in a non-suicidal context)?

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Before anyone calls me a nutter Edgar Allen Poe calls it the 'Imp of the Perverse': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imp_of_the_Perverse_(short_story)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imp_of_the_Perverse
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrusive_thought

Basically an obsessive compulsion which makes us feel like doing something awful and destructive simply because we shouldn't. Obviously most people don't actually do something like this but I wonder if this guy had one of those thoughts and actually did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dring

obviously her foot comes out as she loses her balance after being hit, looks deliberate but the whole thing is very strange as he has actually put himself in danger, when you are running that fast it doesnt take much to knock you so the natural thing is to avoid any obstacle,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

kylith wrote: »
    Ever come across them running on the actual road? And people think cyclists are bad.

Some men believe it's a woman's/the other person's job to get out of their way. I've done some wee real-world tests of this myself and a lot of men will keep walking until they walk into you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

razorblunt wrote: »
    At what point did the whole bus clap?

??? I stood there doing nothing, no reason for anyone on the bus to clap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I find the joggers in my local park to be aggressive. They barrell down towards you and don't swerve, I always feel that people who are going slower should have priority on a foot path and runners are the ones who should make the effort to divert, there is plenty of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

ELM327 wrote: »

Glad i'm not the only one thinking of this.

• Advertisement

kylith wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

I think her right leg comes up before there is contact but it's hard to see for certain. it seems to me that he changed direction deliberately and was running towards her so even if her leg does come up before contact it's more like an understandable defensive reaction.

Let's not turn his thread into a jogger bashing w@nkfest please.

I run a lot as part of my commute and find that for the most part people are tolerant of each other. You get some walkers, runners, cyclists and motorists who have bad days.

he changed direction to move towards her as she tried to move out of his way. it was not careless and inconsiderate. it was deliberate.

Yeah fair enough, it doesn't look good for him.

Hear him out though before he's publicly flogged and thrown behind bars.

redcup342 wrote: »
    I hope someone pushes him accidentally while jogging past onto a Penis in Prison.

Ugh, the jogger's act is clearly revolting, but these 'let's hope the perp is assaulted in prison' statements always strike a discordant note with me.

A really dark, but frequently deployed, sentiment. I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

It's a fake viral video was already exposed on demotix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

True. I pushed a guy into the river some time back. It was the river that drowned him, not me.

This is an extremely stupid thing to say and makes no sense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Looks to me like he was trying to grab her bag. Can't see him pushing her into the bus, although that is the clear result of his actions, but he does swerve towards her and then his arms are going in a weird direction for him to have just tried to push her towards the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Well done to the bus driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

robinph wrote: »
    then his arms are going in a weird direction for him to have just tried to push her towards the bus.

i doubt he was trying to push her under a bus....just push her out of the way...the bus is coming from behind him so unlikely he knew it was there. It would also be unlikely that he would come strolling back 15 mins later if he had deliberately attempted murder

still a despicable and reckless act

• Registered Users Posts: 34,566 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

RasTa wrote: »
    This is an extremely stupid thing to say and makes no sense.

It does if you understand the concept of sarcasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I find the joggers in my local park to be aggressive. They barrell down towards you and don't swerve, I always feel that people who are going slower should have priority on a foot path and runners are the ones who should make the effort to divert, there is plenty of space.

There is no need to tarnish all people because of this.

What this guy did was at completely different level of dick-headedness.

In relation to your point I have had issues with loads of pedestrians who are just oblivious to their surroundings and are difficult to get around as they meander down paths or dawdle so it works both ways.

murpho999 wrote: »
    There is no need to tarnish all people because of this.

What this guy did was at completely different level of dick-headedness.

In relation to your point I have had issues with loads of pedestrians who are just oblivious to their surroundings and are difficult to get around as they meander down paths or dawdle so it works both ways.

They didn't tarnish all people tbf. Just the runners in their local park.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What a w*nker!
    Talk about get out of my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Belligerent pri_ck. You can see by the central position he's taken up on the path that he believes it to be entirely his right of way. Probably even worse when he gets behind the wheel of his Audi/BMW/Merc.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Belligerent pri_ck. You can see by the central position he's taken up on the path that he believes it to be entirely his right of way. Probably even worse when he gets behind the wheel of his Audi/BMW/Merc.....

bicycle - just look at that disregard for people. only a cyclist hates humanity like that.

Generalisations! WOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

To be fair, in this stuation, the guy completely ignored a man on the path and ploughed straight into the woman a few seconds after.
    And?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

so he didn't score a maximum combo

o1s1n wrote: »
    It does if you understand the concept of sarcasm.

He wasn't being sarcastic, unless you think he pushed her in front of a bus.

Ya cause its London and they're be no traffic if he pushed here close to the road
    kylith wrote: »
    He pushed her towards a road + she then fell in front of a bus = He pushed her in front of a bus.

He pushed her out of his way. The red mist has descended and probably had to avoid some other people whilst out on this run. His only thought was the push this woman out of his running line. If he wanted to throw her under the bus it wouldn't have being that difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Surely theres better footage of him in London of all places...

Advertisement