Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Luckily the bus was only moving about 12mph

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

blueser wrote: »
    She wasn't in his way. Watch the video;
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/shocking-moment-jogger-barges-unknown-woman-into-path-of-oncoming-bus-on-putney-bridge-a3606216.html
    Now, compare the line she's taking to the shadow on the footpath (which is pretty parallel to the kerb). If anything, she veers slightly to her left, away from the line the jogger should be taking. Whereas he seems to intentionally veer over to his right, to (seemingly) initiate the collision. There's only one party to blame there, and it isn't the woman. And fair play to the bus driver on his quick reactions.

I came on to say this. He actually veers out of his way, towards her, to push her. While she seemed to be automatically moving slightly out of his way, even though she wasn't really in it. That looks like a very deliberate act on his part.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Actually watching it again it's true - he actually veered to push her, she wasn't in his way.
    Had he continued in a straight line he would have missed her.

Makes it even worse ! (not that pushing her in front of a bus cos she was in his way is an excuse).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

RasTa wrote: »
    He pushed her out of the way, not into a bus
    True. I pushed a guy into the river some time back. It was the river that drowned him, not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Not to generalise but the endorphin rush in some joggerrs can make them quite aggressive on footpaths , especially when they're doing group runs , just because they're running and wearing a luminous jacket seems to give them the right of way ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

People are creatures of habits, I wonder did they have previous interactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He pushed her because he is a prick, he actually moves towards her. Should be done for assault but the headline is misleading

Ya cause its London and they're be no traffic if he pushed here close to the road

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

He pushed her out of the way, not into a bus

He pushed her towards a road + she then fell in front of a bus = He pushed her in front of a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Dirty b*stard. Hope he gets a good Long spell away

He's an absolute barsteward, he knew what he was doing and he seems to have done it because he just felt like it. She wasn't in his way, and even if she was he doesn't own the path or get to dictate who walks on it. The onus is on him to avoid others.

Someone will know him and while I don't think he's committed any crime other than assault, I hope he sees time and is thoroughly shamed publicly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

I'm sure he voted for Brexit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

sonic85 wrote: »
    I read this story earlier and was wondering if there was more to it? That path was huge! Five people could fit on that abreast with no problems yet he managed to hit her with a full on shoulder and had no problem avoiding the man just seconds earlier. Seems a bit strange.

In the slow motion version, you can see that he actually beelines for her. Changes direction towards her quite deliberately. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Oops69 wrote: »
    Not to generalise but the endorphin rush in some joggerrs can make them quite aggressive on footpaths , especially when they're doing group runs , just because they're running and wearing a luminous jacket seems to give them the right of way ?

I was in Marley Park a few months back with a buggy and there was a run on, but not on a closed route. There were about 300 of them running up a path towards us so I stepped in, shielded by a bench so as not to be in their way. The amount of tuts, “**** sake” and “MOVE” shouted was unreal, and even a few attempted shoulders dropped from some of them. They had to avoid the bench so I wasn’t in the way anyway, but there was a serious sense of entitlement from a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Candie wrote: »
    He's an absolute barsteward, he knew what he was doing and he seems to have done it because he just felt like it. She wasn't in his way, and even if she was he doesn't own the path or get to dictate who walks on it. The onus is on him to avoid others.

Someone will know him and while I don't think he's committed any crime other than assault, I hope he sees time and is thoroughly shamed publicly.

Reckless endangerment, possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I hope the reason they took so long to release it isn't because they've exhausted other avenues, like seeing if he comes up on other CCTV in the surrounding areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Might be a little more to this thou, am I the only one who see's her right leg swing for him before the push?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Danbo! wrote: »
    I was in Marley Park a few months back with a buggy and there was a run on, but not on a closed route. There were about 300 of them running up a path towards us so I stepped in, shielded by a bench so as not to be in their way. The amount of tuts, “**** sake” and “MOVE” shouted was unreal, and even a few attempted shoulders dropped from some of them. They had to avoid the bench so I wasn’t in the way anyway, but there was a serious sense of entitlement from a lot of them.

At what point did the whole bus clap?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,312 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Might be a little more to this thou, am I the only one who see's her right leg swing for him before the push?

she was swung around when he hit her with his shoulder. i think that is what you are seeing. Her foot did not come out until after she was hit. She clearly made an effort to move to the left out of his way. he moved to the right and hit her deliberately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Should be prosecuted for attempted murder. Scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

He reminds me of my ex-boss.
    He was always throwing people under the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

In english law recklessness amonts to intent if it meets the test of what the reasonable man would view as an obvious risk.

In this situation a reasonable person would view pushing someone on to a busy road as an obvious risk to life.

Attempted manslaughter (there was no preconceived plan to kill her or proof of same)

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    In english law recklessness amonts to intent if it meets the test of what the reasonable man would view as an obvious risk.

In this situation a reasonable person would view pushing someone on to a busy road as an obvious risk to life.

Attempted manslaughter (there was no preconceived plan to kill her or proof of same)

no such thing as attempted manslaughter in english law.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ZeroCool17

In the slow motion video you can see clearly she stuck out her leg to trip him and then he reacted. Now he should have stopped to see was she ok but I think she is not as innocent as she is making out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

ZeroCool17 wrote: »
    In the slow motion video you can see clearly she stuck out her leg to trip him and then he reacted. Now he should have stopped to see was she ok but I think she is not as innocent as she is making out.

No i think the leg moves afterwards if I'm honest

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

What I saw was him pushing her and then her leg swinging around when she was off balance after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

He knocked into her first! :confused: her leg only sticks out as she loses her balance and falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

kylith wrote: »
    Some men believe it's a woman's/the other person's job to get out of their way. I've done some wee real-world tests of this myself and a lot of men will keep walking until they walk into you.
    Are you really trying to drag gender into this? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

If you pause/play coming up to it(moving it on frame by frame) what is actually clear is he runs into her, the leg only comes out at first contact.

assuming for a moment that the video shows this (and it clearly doesn't) why was his reaction to shoulder charge her instead of avoiding the foot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It seems to me he eyed up the first guy, and then decided not to barge into him because he was a big guy. So the jogger is a coward as well as a scumbag. Fair play to the bus driver for avoiding her, also it was extremely good fortune he did not hit another vehicle in the process.

Advertisement