Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

bicycle - just look at that disregard for people. only a cyclist hates humanity like that.

Generalisations! WOOOOOOOOOOO

Yes, that too. In any circumstances while using any mode of transportation this guy would most likely be an absolute menace to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

RasTa wrote: »
    He pushed her out of his way. The red mist has descended and probably had to avoid some other people whilst out on this run. His only thought was the push this woman out of his running line. If he wanted to throw her under the bus it wouldn't have being that difficult.

So why didn't he push the man who passed by him, in the exact same position as the woman, less than 5 seconds before? Oh yeah, because he's not big and brave enough to push a man. ****ing prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

He pushed her out of his way. The red mist has descended and probably had to avoid some other people whilst out on this run. His only thought was the push this woman out of his running line. If he wanted to throw her under the bus it wouldn't have being that difficult.

What red mist? What 'avoid other people'? He ran past one other person on a practically empty footpath before deliberately swerving toward her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

This post has been deleted.

My only thought is maybe it took them a while to track down the CCTV and maybe all of their own efforts to find him have failed so they're trying to enlist the help of the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Bambi985 wrote: »
    My only thought is maybe it took them a while to track down the CCTV and maybe all of their own efforts to find him have failed so they're trying to enlist the help of the public.

Also the footage they do have looks like the rear dash-cam of a moving vehicle (All though the article says CCTV footage?).

This vehicle was past the incident and may not have even seen it or knew they had the footage.

The footage itself may have only been received recently:confused:

The footage is from a vehicle in the bus lane so another Bus or taxi? it this is the case then they would have been able to get it quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

January wrote: »
    So why didn't he push the man who passed by him, in the exact same position as the woman, less than 5 seconds before? Oh yeah, because he's not big and brave enough to push a man. ****ing prick.
    kylith wrote: »
    What red mist? What 'avoid other people'? He ran past one other person on a practically empty footpath before deliberately swerving toward her.

Yeah, because he is a coward. Red mist doesn't take long to appear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

That's what happens when you let humans overpopulate the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

headline does not say "under" it says "in front"

so its not misleading like you claim, no matter what.

headline does not say "under" it says "in front"

so its not misleading like you claim, no matter what.

Same thing, he pushed her out of his way and not in front of a bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

He literally pushed her in front of a bus.

There's no way you can't hear a bus approaching you from behind, he knew the bus was there and pushed her into the path of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

January wrote: »

While he's not righ the man was on the kerb path thing not in the same place

JMNolan wrote: »
    He literally pushed her in front of a bus.

How was he to know there was a bus there? Also the footage is so bad, he will have to come forward as I can't see many identifying him and the police won't be able to use it if someone identify's him and he denies it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Buses! The real silent killers! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

How was he to know there was a bus there? Also the footage is so bad, he will have to come forward as I can't see many identifying him and the police won't be able to use it if someone identify's him and he denies it.

That is irrelevant. He literally pushed her in front of a bus. This is a statement of fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Out of his way, into the road, in front of a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

maybe it was a Ghost Bus?:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Id gut him like a fish. Happily do a stint to do that kunt in.

Has anyone ever had those weird thoughts like 'what if I punch this person walking in my direction' or 'what would happen if I jumped out in front of this incoming train right now' (but in a non-suicidal context)?

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Before anyone calls me a nutter Edgar Allen Poe calls it the 'Imp of the Perverse': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imp_of_the_Perverse_(short_story)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imp_of_the_Perverse
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrusive_thought

Basically an obsessive compulsion which makes us feel like doing something awful and destructive simply because we shouldn't. Obviously most people don't actually do something like this but I wonder if this guy had one of those thoughts and actually did it.

Let's hope El Trumpo doesn't get visited by the Imp while he's standing if front of a big red button. Any big red button.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭YourSuperior

Even some joggers are out to do you in. Misanthropy levels rising...

Tigger wrote: »
    While he's not righ the man was on the kerb path thing not in the same place

They were in the same position, the man had to veer to push her, you can clearly see it.

EDIT: The man in front was a bit further left on review, he falls back into the same position as the girl after the man passed, hence my confusion. there was plenty of room for the man and woman to pass each other though, he had no reason to push her. (even if she was in his way, he had plenty of room to move to his left).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

He definitely moves into her as she attempts to move further to the the left of the path. It's actually quite bizarre. We've all bumped into people and usually the reflex action is to jump away slightly and hold your hands up in a defensive/slightly apologetic way. None of that business with yer man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

He didn't push her out of his way, he moved his arms against her and then she was in a different place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

He obviously a c**t, he didn't if look behind to see if she was ok. You would say something if he didn't see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The bus was going slow enough so he knew it was near enough. Whatever was going through his mind this lady could have been killed by his prickish actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I've watch this over and over. I don't think he pushed her at all. It appears to me, that the woman tried to trip the jogger as she walked passed. He raises his leg and she trips instead. I don't think he even realises how close her head was to becoming part of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Years ago a jogger did this to me, the sort of push, and I fell over, not near a road mind! It was very odd, like he was just in some super aggressive zone where he didn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I love that no matter how clear cut something is, even something with video evidence you'll still get internet oddballs coming online to try and argue against the consensus.

He definitely veered towards her to push her. He pushed her with enough force to get her off the path and onto the road. Either he knew the bus was there or he didn't know what was there and pushed her not caring what happened to her. Also liked that he ran past yer man and picked an easier target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

mad muffin wrote: »
    I've watch this over and over. I don't think he pushed her at all. It appears to me, that the woman tried to trip the jogger as she walked passed. He raises his leg and she trips instead. I don't think he even realises how close her head was to becoming part of the road.

I don't know what you're watching but he clearly veers towards her and forcefully shoves her. After he pushes her, her leg comes up because she is falling into the path of an oncoming bus. She wasn't trying to trip him. Victim blaming much there? Pretty sure that the police have examined the evidence with considerable expertise and concluded that it was a deliberate act.

He even passed by shortly after while the victim was being tended to and blanked her when she tried to challenge him. He is a psycho

Advertisement