Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Options
  • 08-08-2017 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭

When I saw the headline I thought it might have been an accident but the footage made me gasp. What a complete scumbag this is. I've rarely hoped more that someone is caught, shamed, and jailed for attempted murder.

https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2017/0808/895897-london-jogger-bus/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

JEsus!!!!
    That's a f*cking disgrace, inches away from being killed, what a total asshole .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Patser

And he ran back past her 15 minutes later but ignored it all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Wow, I thought the headline might have exaggerated things.
    She did very well to hold her upper body up out of the road too. Great reactions from the driver, hope he's ok following it too.

It didn't even look like they did that "move left, whoops, move right, whoops" dance beforehand that some people get annoyed at. Obviously that doesn't come near to justifying that reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

What a knob and a bully. Passed a big bloke seconds before. Hope he's caught. A self absorbed pi!ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

I read this story earlier and was wondering if there was more to it? That path was huge! Five people could fit on that abreast with no problems yet he managed to hit her with a full on shoulder and had no problem avoiding the man just seconds earlier. Seems a bit strange.

Whatever the reason he's an absolute scumbag and I hope he gets done and sees jail - that woman was so lucky. What the hell is wrong with people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just because the woman didn't move out of his way a millisecond quicker for him,he pushes her into the road.Only for the reactions of the bus driver she'd have been killed.
    Hope he gets caught and has the book thrown at him.
    You can just imagine the prick moaning about not setting a PB because some stupid woman got in his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

An absolute c*nt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

zerks wrote: »
    Just because the woman didn't move out of his way a millisecond quicker for him,he pushes her into the road.Only for the reactions of the bus driver she'd have been killed.
    You can just imagine the prick moaning about not setting a PB because some stupid woman got in his way.

I dont know about that if you look at the slow motion part of the video it looked like she was drifting a bit to the left and he seemed to go for her. The path was huge with nobody else on it so to avoid her he would barely have had to move

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

And you can see by path she was totally away from him.

Wonder does he know him. Does not justify the scumbag act in any way.

I guess if she did know him there be no pictures of him. Crazy and scary. Hope he gets nice sentence when found

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

sonic85 wrote: »
    I dont know about that if you look at the slow motion part of the video it looked like she was drifting a bit to the left and he seemed to go for her. The path was huge with nobody else on it so to avoid her he would barely have had to move

He was headed for her,probably too self absorbed in his running to adjust and pushed her.
    I saw a guy I know do similar one day as he ran up behind 2 pedestrians, he pushed one out of the way and cursed them out of it.I just thought it was dickish by him.God help anyone who gets in the way of achieving a PB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Finally! Proof that exercise is bad for ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

What an absolute scumbag.

Joggers that decide to get in their 5 miles during rush hour in central London can be some of the most arrogant d1ckheads you could hope to meet. More than once I've been rammed into or pushed out of the way abruptly or had a runner yell at me when I've been keeping to myself trying to weave through the crowds and get to my tube stop. WTF are you on like, running at 10 miles an hour when there's absolutely no space on the footpath to walk let alone run and there's herds of people walking out of buildings and around corners and out of tube stations and bus stops. Fcuk right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Happened in May and just released info today to trace the jogger. Speedy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

What a thug. Hope the police catch him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

That looks like a deliberate premeditated murder attempt that was designed to look like an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Not a shadow of a doubt this vermin will be caught, social media is actually good for something on occasion. I'll just be interested to see the severity of his sentence.

I have issues with city joggers - it doesn't make sense to me, there are plenty of parks around with cleaner air to be breathing. I don't care if his excuse is she was in his way, she was using the path appropriately, he was the one jogging, he should the one making the effort to get out of other pedestrians way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

I hope someone pushes him accidentally while jogging past onto a Penis in Prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

theteal wrote: »
    I have issues with city joggers - it doesn't make sense to me, there are plenty of parks around with cleaner air to be breathing.

It always irritates me when I see them jogging around the IFSC/Dame St in Dublin at rush hour times- it's a densely populated area at the best of times, we don't need you trying to crash through the crowds!

It looks almost like the guy swatted her face/shoulder area- even if he didn't mean to shove her in front of traffic, he meant to hurt her. I have every confidence he will be identified and I hope he does time over it. Particularly after he didn't even stop to see if she was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

zerks wrote: »
    She wasn't in his way. Watch the video;
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/shocking-moment-jogger-barges-unknown-woman-into-path-of-oncoming-bus-on-putney-bridge-a3606216.html
    Now, compare the line she's taking to the shadow on the footpath (which is pretty parallel to the kerb). If anything, she veers slightly to her left, away from the line the jogger should be taking. Whereas he seems to intentionally veer over to his right, to (seemingly) initiate the collision. There's only one party to blame there, and it isn't the woman. And fair play to the bus driver on his quick reactions.

If I was him, I'd give the jogging a rest for a week or 2, buy new gear, and pick a new route...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,863 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She totally walked to his right and was not in his way. That guy will pay for his this big time, he just became viral and for all the wrong raisins . It was certain death had the bus rolled over her, the driver deserves a medal.
    How is this just coming to light now when it happened few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Great reflexes from the driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Some posters are saying he pushes her to me it looks like he full on intentionally grabbed her and pushed her right out towards the road. What a lunatic.

Still amazing that not one person managed to see him do it and stop him. I suppose, if you did see that you wouldn't believe your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

She totally walked to his right and was not in his way. That guy will pay for his this big time, he just became viral and for all the wrong raisins . It was certain death had the bus rolled over her, the driver deserves a medal. How is this just coming to light now when it happened few months ago.

I used to play bass for All The Wrong Raisins...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

That guy will pay for his this big time, he just became viral and for all the wrong raisins

Pity the video isn't more currant though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He pushed her out of the way, not into a bus

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

RasTa wrote: »

Out of the way, towards a busy road. Even if it's not intentional, it's still incredible dangerous.

Why he felt the need to push her when there was ample room to run by her is a different issue.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 35,863 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

RasTa wrote: »

So assault while jigging is ok .
    She was not in his way, or looking to stand her ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He pushed her because he is a prick, he actually moves towards her. Should be done for assault but the headline is misleading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Bambi985 wrote: »
    What an absolute scumbag.

Joggers that decide to get in their 5 miles during rush hour in central London can be some of the most arrogant d1ckheads you could hope to meet. More than once I've been rammed into or pushed out of the way abruptly or had a runner yell at me when I've been keeping to myself trying to weave through the crowds and get to my tube stop. WTF are you on like, running at 10 miles an hour when there's absolutely no space on the footpath to walk let alone run and there's herds of people walking out of buildings and around corners and out of tube stations and bus stops. Fcuk right off.
    Ever come across them running on the actual road? And people think cyclists are bad.
    GLaDOS wrote: »
    Out of the way, towards a busy road. Even if it's not intentional, it's still incredible dangerous.

Why he felt the need to push her when there was ample room to run by her is a different issue.

Some men believe it's a woman's/the other person's job to get out of their way. I've done some wee real-world tests of this myself and a lot of men will keep walking until they walk into you.

Advertisement