Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Good 2nd half and win for Manly over the Roosters, comfortable on the scoreboard in the end.

Panthers struggled to pull away from Tigers but win handily enough in the end.

Did you watch the first game? Looks like Manly had a great comeback - Panthers game was close - I had them in an accumulator with Eels and Broncos and could only relax at about the 75min mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Danick wrote: »
    Did you watch the first game? Looks like Manly had a great comeback - Panthers game was close - I had them in an accumulator with Eels and Broncos and could only relax at about the 75min mark.

No, too early a start for me this morning, and forgot to record it, I'll watch the rerun later, looks like the Roosters blew up or Sea Eagles were super human, overturning 18 4 halftime deficit.

Yeah Panthers were never really comfort against the Tigers until last few minutes.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Only saw highlights but Manly looked impressive. Great hit from Winterstein.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Only saw highlights but Manly looked impressive. Great hit from Winterstein.

Where did you watch the highlights? I forgot to record the game - thanks.

Where did you watch the highlights? I forgot to record the game - thanks.

It's rerun on Wednesday at 1250 on premier, so presume it'll be on Eir Sports 2 same time.

• Advertisement

It's rerun on Wednesday at 1250 on premier, so presume it'll be on Eir Sports 2 same time.

Ah perfect - thanks a million.

The NRL website also puts up highlights, although they're only a few minutes long. It's handy if you're out and about and strapped for time but it isn't really comprehensive. Better to catch up on Eir if time permits.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Sutton about to resign with Souths , Farah leaving at the end of the season and Cooper Cronk Redfern Bound :D All will be confirmed shortly

Sutton about to resign with Souths , Farah leaving at the end of the season and Cooper Cronk Redfern Bound :D All will be confirmed shortly

As recently as April the Rabbitohs said they had no interest in Cronk.

You must be in the know! :)

Edit: and certainly wouldn't be least bit surprised if you were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Cronk and Madge have a long history at Melbourne and Cronk wants to be in Sydney for the missus. He probably has one season left in him and fairly sure hes lined up for a deal with fox to commentate when he retires so Sydney is the logical home for him......Plus I asked Madge last few times I saw him and he couldn't admit or deny it haha.

Im heaps excited to see if im right :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

every week it just gets worse for the doggies . time to give up on this season I think.:(

every week it just gets worse for the doggies . time to give up on this season I think.:(

Welcome to the club.

Cowboys have Panthers - a huge game for us - we haven't beaten a top 8 team in a while but I'm hopeful considering how well we did against Storm last week.

Cowboys have Panthers - a huge game for us - we haven't beaten a top 8 team in a while but I'm hopeful considering how well we did against Storm last week.

Should be a good game, think the Panthers might still edge it though.

They're pretty abysmal this game, Bunnies comfortable in the first half, but at least you scored.

Bulldogs put on a Warrior-esque performance that game.

Bulldogs put on a Warrior-esque performance that game.

Poor old Josh Reynolds might not play as a Bulldog again because of the injury he picked up today. I can't see them winning another game without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

ughh

ughh

That sums it up nicely.

• Advertisement

I would have fancied the Bulldogs for a top 8 finish at the start of the season.

Also I see the top four are playing each other this round which should be good.

Eels on the end of a couple of bad calls but Knights the better team so far.

Knight's are on course to win 3 in a row, this is fantastic.

Edit: As they said on commentary, Titans, Warriors and Bulldogs should maybe show a bit of the spirit Newcastle have shown.

Knight's are on course to win 3 in a row, this is fantastic.

Edit: As they said on commentary, Titans, Warriors and Bulldogs should maybe show a bit of the spirit Newcastle have shown.

Amazing to watch - Rabbits are so lucky to have Dane Gagai next season. Broncos in great form - although not as impressive as last week but Gallen had a memorable 300th game for all the wrong reasons lol.

Amazing that Knights won isn't it. I was sure the pace of the Eels was going to prove too much.

Two interesting games to look forward to on Saturday.

Amazing that Knights won isn't it. I was sure the pace of the Eels was going to prove too much.

Two interesting games to look forward to on Saturday.

Yes amazing - every pundit wrote them off - they seemed in universal agreement that the Knights couldn't win 3 in a row and their away record was too poor for them to win today. I made a few quid on them last week just kicking myself I hadn't a few quid on them this week lol

Dragons VERY comfortable so far against the Titans.

Dragons VERY comfortable so far against the Titans.

They look dangerous every time they attack - Nightingale with 2 tries already - he is such a great player.

Titans have played better this half, but then they set the bar fairly low after their first half showing. Still, Dragons winning at a canter.

Edit: Game over, Dragons back to winning ways.

• Advertisement

Wow, the Storm getting lions share of decisions. That's unusual, said no one, ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement