Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Anyone know anything about Billy Slater's injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Danick wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Billy Slater's injury?

Bad concussion, Sia Soliola nearly took his head off. He was out cold, if he gets cleared by the doctor with regards to the concussion he'll be fit next game.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Soliola's been banned for 5 weeks. Can't have any complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

slater cant remember the last fortnight ,
    Origin 3 and all!!!

Quality commentary as usual https://twitter.com/NRL/status/891040572768526337?s=09

Good win for the Eels in the end though over the Broncos, watched Warriors lose to the Sharks this evening, going out with a whimper again this season.

I was impressed with the Eels. I'm not sure they can go all the way but they might have a few more surprises in them before the end of the season.

The Knights have 2 point lead over the Dragons at half time. Newcastle are legendary at holding on to half time leads, so I have great faith in them to get the job done. :pac:

I quite like both these teams tbh, but I'd still like the Knights to actually win another couple before the seasons out.

Brilliant, love seeing the Knights win, still get good crowds considering how bad they've been. 3rd win of the season, 4th in 2 years .

Raiders lead the Rabbitohs 20 to 6 but still don't think this is done, Bunnies still well in the game.

• Advertisement

Comprehensive win for the Raiders but sin binning and hia early in second half really cost the Rabbitohs. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

Roosters beat the Cowboys in final game of the day.

Very surprised to see the Knights win. Happy that they hung on for the result.

Very surprised to see the Knights win. Happy that they hung on for the result.

They seem to play with a lot more heart than the other strugglers, it's great when they win, Dragons were poor today though.

Storm hammered Manly in the early game, Titans and Wests pretty tight so far in first half, just the one score. Wests lead four nil.

Edit: dour first half. When the commentators call it an "arm wrestle", you know it's not been pretty.

Nathan Clearly getting locked up with Penrith for 5yrs on a 3 million $ deal.

coup for penrith

Nathan Clearly getting locked up with Penrith for 5yrs on a 3 million $ deal.

coup for penrith

Great player, good contract for a 19 year old too.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

sorry lads was away on holidays . so since I left the blues lost origin and the doggies have turned to **** . great. ughhh.

Any Cowboys fans on here?

sorry lads was away on holidays . so since I left the blues lost origin and the doggies have turned to **** . great. ughhh.

NSW should have won origin 2, then 3 they were like rabbits in headlights. The Bulldogs huffed and puffed but have been poor this year, anyone else but Hasler would get the boot I reckon, would you keep faith kirk?

Well, saying all that, welcome back and hope you had a good holiday!

Any Cowboys fans on here?

Don't think so Danick, too high up the ladder for us round here! (actually can't remember who's colours Mr.NiceGuy has nailed to the mast)

Your lot comfortable now for top 8, don't see them winning it from here though, do you? Especially sans JT.

• Advertisement

Don't think so Danick, too high up the ladder for us round here! (actually can't remember who's colours Mr.NiceGuy has nailed to the mast)

I've not got a team yet really, though there are players I find myself rooting for. I tend to back the underdogs so I find myself wanting the Knights and Warriors to do well.

I see the Eels have wrapped up a finals place. I wonder can they go all the way.

Looking forward to the Dragons and Bunnies game this morning, must win for St.George. Sam Burgess back for Souths.

St George bit of a one man team, Widdop is a machine for them.

Edit: Dragons defence is dire. Losing 12 6 after 25 mins.

Good first half, good comeback from the Dragon's too. Burgess rightfully binned for 10.

Dragons can't defend, another bad loss today, they're dropping like a stone.

Your lot comfortable now for top 8, don't see them winning it from here though, do you? Especially sans JT.

Delighted with their performance against the Storm - considering the injuries - Morgan had s great game and thankfully his arm seemed okay - who do you support?

I've not got a team yet really, though there are players I find myself rooting for. I tend to back the underdogs so I find myself wanting the Knights and Warriors to do well.

I see the Eels have wrapped up a finals place. I wonder can they go all the way.

You must be looking forward to tomorrow's game - I've backed the Knights - can't believe the Warriors are favourites with the bookies - first back to back win for the Knights in ages methinks- really looking forward to it

You must be looking forward to tomorrow's game - I've backed the Knights - can't believe the Warriors are favourites with the bookies - first back to back win for the Knights in ages methinks- really looking forward to it

Yeah it's good that at least we know one of them will get a win. :pac: I would think the Knights are more likely to win also.

Cowboys made a good game of it today. Terrific try from Addo-Carr. When I saw that in real time I was sure he didn't get it down in time.

Delighted with their performance against the Storm - considering the injuries - Morgan had s great game and thankfully his arm seemed okay - who do you support?

I took it upon myself for some kind of masochism to support the Warriors! I agree the Knights should be favourite for the game, Warriors just can't be arsed most weeks watching them. They are unbelievably annoying to watch!

I do like the Knights though, they seem to give it a go every game and get decent crowds considering their league position most years recently.

Yeah it's good that at least we know one of them will get a win. :pac: I would think the Knights are more likely to win also.

Cowboys made a good game of it today. Terrific try from Addo-Carr. When I saw that in real time I was sure he didn't get it down in time.

I was certain it was out - it was inch perfect - he is an unreal player.

I took it upon myself for some kind of masochism to support the Warriors! I agree the Knights should be favourite for the game, Warriors just can't be arsed most weeks watching them. They are unbelievably annoying to watch!

I do like the Knights though, they seem to give it a go every game and get decent crowds considering their league position most years recently.

My bro-in law is a Queenslander and took me to see Cowboys vs Broncos 7 years ago (Cowoys lost that game) and thanks to Setanta/Eir sport I have been able to support the Cowboys ever since- such a shame JT is out for the rest of the season.

Its amazing how well they Knights are supported - they do produce some great footy though and at times you wonder why they aren't contenders. Unfortunately, I think the Warriors will struggle to win without Johnson - he is a class player.

• Advertisement

Very good win for the Knights, thought one or two calls were harsh on the Warriors but they are absolutely abysmal and got what they deserved. They just don't defend. Can't wait for their season to be over so they can start planning how they're going to fail next season :(

Very good win for the Knights, thought one or two calls were harsh on the Warriors but they are absolutely abysmal and got what they deserved. They just don't defend. Can't wait for their season to be over so they can start planning how they're going to fail next season :(

A great game to watch - I thought the Warriors were right in it until the last five minutes - really unlucky for Ross - he was having a brill game. Broncos v Titans - who do you think will win?

A great game to watch - I thought the Warriors were right in it until the last five minutes - really unlucky for Ross - he was having a brill game. Broncos v Titans - who do you think will win?

Well Titans can't play like last week again surely, I'd like to see them win, but it's hard to know if these teams out of contention play like there's nothing to lose, or nothing to play for.

Saying all that, I think the Broncos will edge it, by 2 or 3 scores what about you?

(my trademark terrible tipping should mean a comfortable Gold Coast win)

Great defence from the Broncos all half, Titans panic every time they get within 10 of Brisbane try line, and going into half time Broncos lead 16 nil.

Broncos should be down to 12, how the feck is dumping someone on their head not a sending off/sin bin. On report is a cop out. Should be off, then banned for longer.

Broncos should be down to 12, how the feck is dumping someone on their head not a sending off/sin bin. On report is a cop out. Should be off, then banned for longer.

Agreed terrible tackle - I didn't see that coming - hard to believe Broncos scored over 50 and kept them to Nil - Did Wayne Bennet nearly crack a smile...lol you are right all the pressure came from Titans in the first half - Broncos were superb in defence.

I'm hoping the Green machine win the next one - I'm not a huge fan of Paul Gallen - I do like Maloney - he's an exciting player but he is out tonight - that young guy Nick Cotridge seems to be a try scoring machine.

Only caught last 20 of Raiders game, looked good for the win.

I can't believe how bad the Titans were. Hayne had a shocker. It's funny how last season so many Eels fans were unhappy Hayne chose the Titans over going back to them yet look at the difference in the two now.

Hayne is a diamonds and rocks player - as seen in origin - delighted the Raiders won - just shows the influence Maloney has over the Sharks - he should be back for the next one

• Advertisement

Good 2nd half and win for Manly over the Roosters, comfortable on the scoreboard in the end.

Panthers struggled to pull away from Tigers but win handily enough in the end.

Good 2nd half and win for Manly over the Roosters, comfortable on the scoreboard in the end.

Panthers struggled to pull away from Tigers but win handily enough in the end.

Did you watch the first game? Looks like Manly had a great comeback - Panthers game was close - I had them in an accumulator with Eels and Broncos and could only relax at about the 75min mark.

Did you watch the first game? Looks like Manly had a great comeback - Panthers game was close - I had them in an accumulator with Eels and Broncos and could only relax at about the 75min mark.

No, too early a start for me this morning, and forgot to record it, I'll watch the rerun later, looks like the Roosters blew up or Sea Eagles were super human, overturning 18 4 halftime deficit.

Yeah Panthers were never really comfort against the Tigers until last few minutes.

Only saw highlights but Manly looked impressive. Great hit from Winterstein.

Only saw highlights but Manly looked impressive. Great hit from Winterstein.

Where did you watch the highlights? I forgot to record the game - thanks.

Where did you watch the highlights? I forgot to record the game - thanks.

It's rerun on Wednesday at 1250 on premier, so presume it'll be on Eir Sports 2 same time.

• Advertisement

It's rerun on Wednesday at 1250 on premier, so presume it'll be on Eir Sports 2 same time.

Ah perfect - thanks a million.

The NRL website also puts up highlights, although they're only a few minutes long. It's handy if you're out and about and strapped for time but it isn't really comprehensive. Better to catch up on Eir if time permits.

Sutton about to resign with Souths , Farah leaving at the end of the season and Cooper Cronk Redfern Bound :D All will be confirmed shortly

Sutton about to resign with Souths , Farah leaving at the end of the season and Cooper Cronk Redfern Bound :D All will be confirmed shortly

As recently as April the Rabbitohs said they had no interest in Cronk.

You must be in the know! :)

Edit: and certainly wouldn't be least bit surprised if you were right.

Cronk and Madge have a long history at Melbourne and Cronk wants to be in Sydney for the missus. He probably has one season left in him and fairly sure hes lined up for a deal with fox to commentate when he retires so Sydney is the logical home for him......Plus I asked Madge last few times I saw him and he couldn't admit or deny it haha.

Im heaps excited to see if im right :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement