Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

And Qld go in again. Prediction shaping up to be as accurate as usual. :) Has that late defeat last game knocked the stuffing from NSW? They've never looked as flat the whole series.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

12 nil at half time to the Maroons, could have been way worse, left at least another 12 on the pitch.

That's the game, 22 6 after this kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What a pass from Cronk! I was out of my seat for that one. Disappointing that we didn't have a frantic finish to the game.

This must be a hard one to take for the Blues. It seemed like everything fell into place for them and yet they couldn't get the win.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

What a pass from Cronk! I was out of my seat for that one. Disappointing that we didn't have a frantic finish to the game.

This must be a hard one to take for the Blues. It seemed like everything fell into place for them and yet they couldn't get the win.

This was their year for the taking. I think Laurie Daley might call it a day now, as you say, hard to one to take.

• Advertisement

Great game between Warriors and Panthers.

Edit: Looks like the Panthers have it won now, 5 to go.

Raiders and Dragons putting on another good game now. Dragons lead 10 6 with 5 left in first half.

Good golden point win (well 4 points) for the Raiders.

Good games today. You have to feel sorry for the Warriors. They lose the game to the Panthers and then afterwards reports suggest that Shaun Johnson's season could be in doubt due to a knee injury.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Good games today. You have to feel sorry for the Warriors. They lose the game to the Panthers and then afterwards reports suggest that Shaun Johnson's season could be in doubt due to a knee injury.

They've suggested it might impact on next season as well which would be a nightmare. Think the Warriors season is done now, just not consistent enough to go on the type of run needed in the games they have left.

• Advertisement

Titans convincingly beating the Sharks today in those dreadful conditions surprised me.

Looks like NSW's Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson are under the spotlight for an evening in the pub on the Friday before Origin decider (it was official day off). I'd have thought they'd have had plenty of time to get over it but scapegoats always need to be found.

http://www.seriousaboutrl.com/reports-nsw-duo-spent-eight-hours-pub-decider-8392/

Strong rebuttal from NSW RL regarding the drinking story, and s couple of other things mentioned in the press.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/07/20/nswrl_statement.html

Broncos will probably be too strong for the Bulldogs today, but I'm hoping for a surprise doggies win.

Great performance from the Broncos today. I thought it might be closer as the Bulldogs' defence is one of the best. I think that ends Canterbury's finals hopes.

Looks like the Rabbitohs' hopes of making the finals are over after losing to the Sharks. Sam Burgess may have a fractured rib too.

Panthers and Titans putting on a good game this morning.

Since my brain had decided it's time to be awake, might as well watch the second half of the Dragons Sea Eagles game. Much better atmosphere there, playing in a traditional home stadium. Being 30 nil up probably helps the atmosphere though!

Not thirty up anymore! Manly have scored four unanswered tries, three of them when they were down to 12 men. Close game now.

Edit: then Dragons go straight back down the other end and get 2 converted tries. Much more comfortable gap again, game over now I'd say. Good game, terrible defence from both teams this half.

Another decent game at the minute between Tigers and Eels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Anyone know anything about Billy Slater's injury?

Danick wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Billy Slater's injury?

Bad concussion, Sia Soliola nearly took his head off. He was out cold, if he gets cleared by the doctor with regards to the concussion he'll be fit next game.

Soliola's been banned for 5 weeks. Can't have any complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

slater cant remember the last fortnight ,
    Origin 3 and all!!!

Quality commentary as usual https://twitter.com/NRL/status/891040572768526337?s=09

Good win for the Eels in the end though over the Broncos, watched Warriors lose to the Sharks this evening, going out with a whimper again this season.

I was impressed with the Eels. I'm not sure they can go all the way but they might have a few more surprises in them before the end of the season.

The Knights have 2 point lead over the Dragons at half time. Newcastle are legendary at holding on to half time leads, so I have great faith in them to get the job done. :pac:

I quite like both these teams tbh, but I'd still like the Knights to actually win another couple before the seasons out.

Brilliant, love seeing the Knights win, still get good crowds considering how bad they've been. 3rd win of the season, 4th in 2 years .

Raiders lead the Rabbitohs 20 to 6 but still don't think this is done, Bunnies still well in the game.

• Advertisement

Comprehensive win for the Raiders but sin binning and hia early in second half really cost the Rabbitohs. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

Roosters beat the Cowboys in final game of the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement