Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIP thread for people involved in TV

Options
  • 17-07-2017 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭

The Film forum has a similar thread to this and I thought it would be a good idea to do it for the Television forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Martin Landau, probably best known on TV for Mission Impossible and Space:1999 passed away on Saturday.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/martin-landau-dead-ed-wood-811318

y0zHvBK.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He was great in small recurring role in Without A Trace as Anthony LaPaglia father.

Also his daughter was Drusilla on Buffy and Angel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good idea for a thread, always wondered why there wasn't one. Well not always obviously.

John Heard has died aged 72.

Probably best known for being the Dad in Home Alone.

But he was in The Sopranos which he was nominated for an Emmy for his role as a dirty cop.

Also starred in Prison Break as Sara's Dad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Deborah Watling, who played Victoria on 'Doctor Who' in the '60s, died aged 69 URL="http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40684318"]source[/URL. Unfortunately, due to BBC idiocy, much of her adventures have been lost but she got to star in the classic 'Tomb of the Cybermen', which featured the Telosian cybermen for the first time I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,022 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

John Heard has died aged 72.

Probably best known for being the Dad in Home Alone.

But he was in The Sopranos which he was nominated for an Emmy for his role as a dirty cop.

Also starred in Prison Break as Sara's Dad.

I liked him as Roy in The Client tv series

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's less than a year since he passed away so I'm going to remember Robert Vaughn aka Napoleon Solo in The Man from U.N.C.L.E.....

12VAUGHN-OBIT-4-blog427.jpg

Adam West, the original (1960s TV) and best Batman ever, passed away in June.........

rexfeatures_5884729u.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

Sam Shepard has died aged 73 RIP.

He had moved from Cinema into TV in the last few years starting in Klondike & Bloodline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ah no, loved him in Baby Boom!

• Advertisement

Robert Hardy has died at the grand old age of 91 - best known for playing Siegfried Farmham in All Creatures Great and Small he also played the proprietor Terence "Twiggy" Rathbone in the Fleet Street satire Hot Metal on ITV in the mid 80s.

Hywel Bennet has also died at 73 - star of ITVs Shelley/Return of Shelley plus the Bill, Eastenders and also a fair few film roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Robert Hardy has died at the grand old age of 91 - best known for playing Siegfried Farmham in All Creatures Great and Small he also played the proprietor Terence "Twiggy" Rathbone in the Fleet Street satire Hot Metal on ITV in the mid 80s.

He was fantastic. Also something of an historian. He scripted and presented a documentary on Gordon of Khartoum. I was only watching it last week. But I loved him in All CGAS. A little bit eccentric in the role of Siegfried but just great. RIP

Robert Hardy was one of a long line of actors who played Winston Churchill in TV dramas over the years. Newer members of the club include our own Brendan Gleeson and most recently John Lithgow in 'The Crown'.

Outside of acting, I believe Hardy was a bit of a world expert in the field of archery - the history of bows and arrows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

jesus never heard he died..

Joseph Bologna had died

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004767/

I loved Rags to Riches

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bruce Forsyth RIP. :(

I always liked him as a presenter.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40978576

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I think Brucie deserves his own RIP thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057776845

Jerry Lewis has died aged 91. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Didn't know,still watching/recording all creatures great and small,superb,hreat acting/characters

Shelley Berman (Curb Your Enthusiasm) has died, aged 92

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

RIP Richard Anderson (Oscar Goldman)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Shelley Berman (Curb Your Enthusiasm) has died, aged 92

He was involved in one of my favourite scenes of the show:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Former BBC Look North and Tyne Tees presenter Mike Neville has died aged 80.

While he was barely known outside of North East England (aside from a few appearances on the BBC's Nationwide), he was to that region what Richard Whiteley was to Yorkshire and Fred Dinenage is to the South.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-41011268

Frank Vincent has died aged 78.

Probably best known as Phil Leotardo in The Sopranos.

Frank Vincent has died aged 78.

Probably best known as Phil Leotardo in The Sopranos.

I think he was in adverts here for Perm TSB!

• Advertisement

RIP Frank.

It's gonna be strange watching this classic Sopranos scene now... :(

Advertisement