Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP Bruce Forsyth

• 18-08-2017 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭

It was nice to have seen him, to have seen him... nice.

GenerationGame-60.jpg

Comments

I will always remember him from Saturday evenings back in the 70s on the Generation Game with his wife at the time,Anthea Redfern! RIP Brucie, one of the greatest tv entertainers ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,222 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Didn't he do well?

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭donegal_man

A man who left a lot of joy and laughter in his wake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

"You're my favourite".

Goodnight Bruce and thanks for all the happy memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Really sad to hear this. Bruce was keen to get back into Television, he said recently he was keen to do something more challenging than Strictly and was hoping to be back soon!

One of my earlier TV memories was Bruce walking out on stage at Play Your Cards Right and saying "Thank You! Thank You - what a lovely audience" and looking at them sternly saying "You're so much better than last week's audience"
    When my Dad explained to me that it was the same audience as the previous show (as they recorded several shows each night), I thought that was very funny. I always laughed when he said it every week after that.

There can't be many who have entertained as many - a legend who was making young and old laugh since before World War II started and ever since. Take a bow, Bruce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He had an amazing life and career. You have to admire his ability to evolve with the times. RIP.

There's a tribute show on BBC1 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,884 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That don't make them like that anymore.

RIP Bruce.

TV Cream have some excellent articles on Bruce Forsyth's long and varied career

http://www.tvcream.co.uk/blog/rip/didnt-he-do-well-brucies-tv-cv/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Wonder if someone at the graveside will shout 'lower'! RIP Brucie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Skid X wrote: »
    TV Cream have some excellent articles on Bruce Forsyth's long and varied career

http://www.tvcream.co.uk/blog/rip/didnt-he-do-well-brucies-tv-cv/

You'd almost forget he hosted You Bet!.

The Americans are reporting on his departure too, although they don't mention Hot Streak:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/global/bruce-forsyth-dead-dies-legendary-british-entertainer-1202532612/
    http://deadline.com/2017/08/bruce-forsyth-dies-brit-tv-legend-was-89-strictly-come-dancing-the-price-is-right-1202151764/

If I could spin the wheel and retrieve a Late Late Show interview from the archives, I would love to watch Bruce Forsyth being interviewed by Gay Byrne on April 29th 1988

Bruce's Daughter Julie Forsyth wrote the UK's Eurovision song that year which took place in Dublin (Go by Scott Fitzgerald, almost won but narrowly beaten by Celine Dion)

Bruce came on to the LLS like a force of nature, telling jokes and riffing with Gay like they were old mates doing a double act. I loved watching it at the time and I'd love to see it again

That interview isn't on Youtube, alas, but there is a clip of Brucie discussing that years Eurovision on Room 101 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I watched a short docu' about him last night on the BBC and I found a tear in my eye towards the end of it which surprised even me! He seemed to be a most genuine character and may he react in peace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,222 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I watched a short docu' about him last night on the BBC and I found a tear in my eye towards the end of it which surprised even me! He seemed to be a most genuine character and may he react in peace!

Didn't know he lost his brother in WWII - his body was never found :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,496 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

degsie wrote: »
    Wonder if someone at the graveside will shout 'lower'! RIP Brucie.

Is it wrong I lol'd hard at that :P:o

One of the last old school all round entertainers, his jokes were bad on SCD but that was part of his charm too

RIP

He was the leader of the pack, which made him such a lucky jack. ;)

And here he is exciting the crowd at Wembley on FA Cup Final day in 1974:

Advertisement