Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017 PDC World Matchplay. 22/07-30/07. Sky Sports.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

mdwexford wrote: »
    Another great game there.

I'd be surprised if Lewis lost tonight.
    Big step up beating a double world champ on the big stage. We shall see if Cross can hold his nerve.

Hope The Power wins tonight and wins the whole thing. He deserves one last major after the career he's had.

Think he has quite enough myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anther top notch game, some tournament so far!!

Fair play to Rob Cross, played amazing. Be nice to see a fresh face than can compete with the big boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Dave Clark the crowd will certainly be on Taylor's side as a Barney army chant breaks out lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

2 great games so far, Cross looks impressive. Can see now what all the hype is about, Lewis had to play brilliantly to win.

Hate the Sky Taylor love in, really hope Barney wins this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Taylor well in control, Barney looks like he has almost given up already.

The Power played very well.

Have to wonder if MVG jacked in darts in the morning would Taylor still retire. He's still probably top three in the world. Is it actually too much effort for him at this stage in his life to practice long hours etc or does he just hate not being the best anymore so much he can't continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The 3 flattered Whitlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

how many years since barney and taylor actually had a match that lived up to the hype?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

sc86 wrote:
    how many years since barney and taylor actually had a match that lived up to the hype?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Gurney and Wright for the win tonight. Expecting Suljovic to play some fine darts but to fall short.

sc86 wrote: »

el classico me hole .. barneys walk on tune is sooooo inappropriate to the actual man/player

Mensur with a 101 average over 23 legs. Fierce going.

The commentary bias towards Gurney is unbelievable!!

Another very high quality match.

The finishing from both was exceptional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Gurney is so unlikeable hope he is slaughtered next match.

• Advertisement

Us Irish hate a bit of confidence alright.

Give us a meek gallant loser any day of the week.

Why do you feel like that,lots of great Irish sports people are respected all over the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That blonde interviewer is the pits. In the pre-match interview with Webster she congratulated him on making the knockout stages :confused:

jrkb wrote:
    Gurney is so unlikeable hope he is slaughtered next match.

Find him a bit unlikable myself, but love watching him play and that's all that matters. I hope the premier league doesn't set him back a few years like it has done many a young talent.

mdwexford wrote:
    Us Irish hate a bit of confidence alright.

Im a MvG fan and a Conor McGregor fan. I love cocky arrogant people, Gurney just looks a twat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

NDWC wrote: »
    That blonde interviewer is the pits. In the pre-match interview with Webster she congratulated him on making the knockout stages :confused:

She's awful. Obviously knows very little about the sport. What's worse though is that it was a recorded interview so they could have easily cut that bit out or do a retake but they didn't. Poor stuff.

Very poor fare so far this one.

Norris has clawed his way back.

Be an awful game for Lewis to lose.

Good start from Phil..this should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Good start from the power. 4-1
    Has the advantage this mini-session.

Cmon The Power!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭blackcard

If Taylor had any class, he would indicate to his supporters to stop booing Van Gerwin. Instead, he has a hissy fit when one thing didn't go his way.

MvG is throwing like a pub player. I reckon he'll close the gap. He needs to make the match last as long as possible. Over the last few years Phil has tired a bit over the longer format.

If Taylor had any class, he would indicate to his supporters to stop booing Van Gerwin. Instead, he has a hissy fit when one thing didn't go his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,353 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

blackcard wrote: »

Phil has been booed multiple times in his career. I don't remember his opponents stopping it.

• Advertisement

MVG will win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

SlickRic wrote: »
    MVG will win this.

12-3 down, can't see it

Taylor's finishing has been stunning though.

Go way will ya.

SlickRic wrote: »

Phil has been booed multiple times in his career. I don't remember his opponents stopping it.
    I recall Gary Anderson doing it on a number of occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Phil Taylor can't dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

No class from Taylor doing that silly excuse for a dance and cursing towards his corner .. Fans have been pathetic aswell on mvg's throw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

Tonight reminded me of some of the treatment that Taylor gets when he's over here in Dublin.

MvG was just awful tonight. Totally rattled by it all.
    What did he say about Whitlock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

lambayire wrote: »
    Tonight reminded me of some of the treatment that Taylor gets when he's over here in Dublin.

MvG was just awful tonight. Totally rattled by it all.
    What did he say about Whitlock?

He said something like MVG was texting Van Der Voort during the game saying he's won.

• Advertisement

Tissue for the haters.

Unreal stuff from The Power. Rolled back the years. Timing was savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I don't know whether compare Taylor as your grandad who can has reached an age where he can get away with saying anything or compare him to greats like Jack Nicklaus who remained classy throughout.

I think he just lives in a darting bubble where everything is a Grade 1 political issue.

Tissue for the haters.

Unreal stuff from The Power. Rolled back the years. Timing was savage.

Phil finished really well. He still had a few spells where he dipped in form but MVG was useless tonight. It's weird for me to root for Taylor but MVG is the "new Taylor" for me.

Class player but that's where his class ends,huge win and it's personal attacks on players,he's 56 years old,his true self is never far from his surface charade.

Hope Lewis stuffs him and wins it outright

I don't know whether compare Taylor as your grandad who can has reached an age where he can get away with saying anything or compare him to greats like Jack Nicklaus who remained classy throughout.

I think he just lives in a darting bubble where everything is a Grade 1 political issue.

Sky would have to give him his own "John McEnroe Corner" if he does pack it in.

Mvg has been unsufferable this week glad he lost.hope its a taylor wright final and wright wins.

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    Phil finished really well. He still had a few spells where he dipped in form but MVG was useless tonight. It's weird for me to root for Taylor but MVG is the "new Taylor" for me.

MVGs doubles were shocking but he still averaged 102 which shows how well he scored. And he got crushed 16-6.

Since he became the best around I can't remember a game where he got stuffed like tonight.

jrkb wrote: »
    Mvg has been unsufferable this week glad he lost.hope its a taylor wright final and wright wins.

Yeah Wright for me too.
    Lewis to edge Taylor in added legs please.

MVGs doubles were shocking but he still averaged 102 which shows how well he scored. And he got crushed 16-6.

Since he became the best around I can't remember a game where he got stuffed like tonight.

He was 4-0 down without having thrown a dart at double and came out next leg and threw at the bull with his third dart. (Got pre-occupied with 170 finishes too)
    I thought he was getting himself revved up but now in hindsight perhaps the scarring/memories of a hiding from Phil on the same stage came to the fore.

As for the average I'm not sure how it works. (I assume missing 3 darts on x16 say lowers your average) but I'd be surprised if Taylor's is much higher.

I'd always support Wright and it's opened up nicely for him but I'd love to see Gurney beat him tomorrow, I think he can too

I think it would be fantastic for darts if Lewis was back challenging for majors,not quarters but finals and semis,only player who can match mvg talent wise imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement