Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 PDC World Matchplay. 22/07-30/07. Sky Sports.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Brilliant game that was. Great bottle by Gurney to get win. Serious checking out from him all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Gurney should really fancy his chances of the final playing like that.

Wright is playing badly at the moment and the other quarter is weak enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭blackcard

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Brilliant game that was. Great bottle by Gurney to get win. Serious checking out from him all game.
    Both players contributed to a great game, Anderson lost with a lot of class. Gurney really stepping up as Gary wasn't going to roll over

Reyes could do Wright here.

He's under rated, gave Mvg a right scare at the Worlds.
    Lost with a 106 average.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Great stuff by Gurney. Fully expect Reyes to win here too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Snakebite finding form,Cristo loosing his

Ok so Wright is back playing near his best and Reyes is poor tonight.

He's some man to tinker with his darts, last day he was crap, today he's lethal again.

Maybe seeing Ando crash out gave him extra motivation. :pac:

Yeah Wright is back on form again it seems, so unpredictable really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Anyone else notice the camera on the board is really shaky?

The camera work in general has been quite poor during the tournament so far too.

Anyone else notice the camera on the board is really shaky?

The camera work in general has been quite poor during the tournament so far too.

Yep noticed it a good few times, especially when they go in close on the board. Very odd, as Sky are doing this for years. Really strange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

They got rid of the camera men and replaced them with computers/robots. That's what Chris Mason said on Twitter anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

They got rid of the camera men and replaced them with computers/robots. That's what Chris Mason said on Twitter anyway.

The robots should be fired. It's very annoying when the camera shakes. Sky are supposed to be at the forefront of sport production, the least they could do is get a camera that doesn't shake!

Tonight's lineup:

Wednesday July 26 (7pm)
    4x Second Round
    Dave Chisnall v Alan Norris
    Adrian Lewis v Rob Cross
    Phil Taylor v Raymond van Barneveld
    Michael van Gerwen v Simon Whitlock

Obviously Barney v Taylor is the big one. I think Barney would love to knock Phil out of his last ever matchplay. I think Taylor will beat him though.

Norris and Cross for the upsets tonight I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Can see Norris doing the work tonight. Hopefully Phil and Barney can pull a stormer out of the bag too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Norris and Cross for the upsets tonight I think.

Cross wouldnt be an upset..lewis is playing poorly.

FineAle wrote:
    Can see Norris doing the work tonight. Hopefully Phil and Barney can pull a stormer out of the bag too.

Thank God this is one of the last times well hear sky raving about "el classico" .

Lewis is also injured. I would put Cross as slight favourite for this one.

Kingp35 wrote:
    Lewis is also injured. I would put Cross as slight favourite for this one.

Fair enough, I know the story with Lewis that's why I fancy Cross.. It's still and upset though. Cross is What, 48th in OOM? Lewis is favourite.

Very good game there between Chizzy and Norris, it had a bit of everything! Delighted Norris won, his combination finishing is great.

Another great game there.

I'd be surprised if Lewis lost tonight.
    Big step up beating a double world champ on the big stage. We shall see if Cross can hold his nerve.

Hope The Power wins tonight and wins the whole thing. He deserves one last major after the career he's had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

mdwexford wrote: »
    Another great game there.

I'd be surprised if Lewis lost tonight.
    Big step up beating a double world champ on the big stage. We shall see if Cross can hold his nerve.

Hope The Power wins tonight and wins the whole thing. He deserves one last major after the career he's had.

Think he has quite enough myself :)

Anther top notch game, some tournament so far!!

Fair play to Rob Cross, played amazing. Be nice to see a fresh face than can compete with the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Dave Clark the crowd will certainly be on Taylor's side as a Barney army chant breaks out lol

2 great games so far, Cross looks impressive. Can see now what all the hype is about, Lewis had to play brilliantly to win.

Hate the Sky Taylor love in, really hope Barney wins this

Taylor well in control, Barney looks like he has almost given up already.

The Power played very well.

Have to wonder if MVG jacked in darts in the morning would Taylor still retire. He's still probably top three in the world. Is it actually too much effort for him at this stage in his life to practice long hours etc or does he just hate not being the best anymore so much he can't continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The 3 flattered Whitlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

how many years since barney and taylor actually had a match that lived up to the hype?

sc86 wrote:
    how many years since barney and taylor actually had a match that lived up to the hype?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Gurney and Wright for the win tonight. Expecting Suljovic to play some fine darts but to fall short.

Advertisement