Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    Capoue 5.5
    .5 too dear again ?

laughter.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Llorente 7.5

I'm interested. And with seemingly no way back for Costa at Chelsea, Conté might go back in for Llorente. Probably a bit wishful thinking, but a 7.5m first choice Llorente at Chelsea would be nice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

McCauley 5ml

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm interested. And with seemingly no way back for Costa at Chelsea, Conté might go back in for Llorente. Probably a bit wishful thinking, but a 7.5m first choice Llorente at Chelsea would be nice :pac:

Call me cynical, but I'd say there's not a hope in hell of Conte starting the season with Llorente as his first choice striker. If he moves to Chelsea, he'll be a backup option I would wager.

Call me cynical, but I'd say there's not a hope in hell of Conte starting the season with Llorente as his first choice striker. If he moves to Chelsea, he'll be a backup option I would wager.

If Chelsea start with llorente as first choice striker conte will have resigned by that point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,809 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If Chelsea start with llorente as first choice striker conte will have resigned by that point
    Llorente would be a great backup choice though for if the first choice striker gets injured. Imagine having a starting Chelsea striker at approx 7 mil (he'd most likely drop in the meantime).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Cartman78

FHFC wrote: »

Jeez....I have a headache after reading that

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

FHFC wrote: »

First reaction is that it would be ideal for small double gameweeks, pack your squad with players from 4 or 6 teams or whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well the AOA was a waste of time anyway.

Immediate reaction is that it means I definitely wont be entering any paid competitions that have a knock out element.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

That chip will be used by many in the big blank gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I like that new chip lots of options on when to use it. Good for the blank gw ,dgw or maybe gw38.

So bring in dgw players without having to take hits in the w!weeks before and not being stuck with scrap the week after
    Lovely stuff

I will be playing my second wildcard early again now so

But then can't play BB or TC
    Hhhmmmmm yes it is tricky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

AOA was pointless. Glad that's gone.

That said, I could be wrong this new chip seems sort of like a get out of jail free card for people who don't plan properly for the DGW's.

That's an area where a lot of us make up a lot of ground and score highly. We now won't be able to gain as much of an advantage from this and it will likely negate the TC in a DGW too depending on how the fixtures play out.

Paully D wrote: »
    AOA was pointless. Glad that's gone.

That said, I could be wrong this new chip seems sort of like a get out of jail free card for people who don't plan properly for the DGW's.

That's an area where a lot of us make up a lot of ground and score highly. We now won't be able to gain as much of an advantage from this and it will likely negate the TC in a DGW too depending on how the fixtures play out.

This. Hate is sooo much.

Simplifies one of the trickiest elements of the game to paint by numbers.

Just gonna have to figure out a creative smart way to use the stupid thing to our advantage.

Chips out.

The more I think about it the more I think this chip is more suited to a big blank week
    You don't have to have players stinking out your team's for weeks in advance just to see them not play (Phillips, stanislas), don't take a hit for one week players , you don't lose value by selling players you want back AND most of all you can use TC and BB in the doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Also cue loads of 'why did I play my 'free hit' chip if I had left it alone I would have had 50 points extra' posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yeah I'm not too happy with the chip either, negates the weeks of planning befor a BGW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Another wildcard really, is it?

Another wildcard really, is it?

It's like the wildcard but can only be used for a single gameweek. The following gameweek you go back to the team you had before you deployed the chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It just gets easier every year :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

These chips are great for us casuals.

*saunters out*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

These chips are great for us casuals.

*saunters out*

*high 5's other casual on his way out*

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Farcical stuff, but unsurprising.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The more I think about it (and as others have said), it probably would be most beneficial for a BGW.....but it takes away the planning/tactical/strategic element around that which is a pity for us obsessives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

It's like the wildcard but can only be used for a single gameweek. The following gameweek you go back to the team you had before you deployed the chip.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,030 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I thought TC and second wildcard would ruin things when they first came in, as it allowed 'casuals' get lucky and/or fix mistakes.

It hasn't been the case at all.

Good players use the chips well most of the time. It'll be the same with this. Let it play out before judging it.

Eric Bailly's price looks set to be announced in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not too happy with the chip either, negates the weeks of planning befor a BGW.
    I'm happy with the chip, negates the weeks of planning befor a BGW.

• Advertisement

Eric Bailly 6 million. That was as expected.

Advertisement