Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    United player next. My guess is Pogba and I'd expect 8.0/8.5

I'll be all over that
    I expect him to be on pens and frees

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

How much is tadic lads?

How much is tadic lads?

Not announced yet
    What we do know is he has the greatest "almost getting points " to games ratio of any player in FPL
    :D

I had him for his hat trick and have not owned him since

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    The problem being, if you increase the price of everyone who did in any well last year, you rip the relative value out of the game, because last year was a bit of an outlier, in that there were so many more good performers than previous years, and that needs to be taken into account when looking into each one individually.

Sané got 5 goals and 7 assists last year. If he is 8.5, what is Sigurdsson gonna be?

In 20 odd starts that's pretty good. He started last season at 8.0, and has since shown he's able to handle the PL and nailed down a place.

Hes one of the more nailed players in the City midfield guessing game. He plays for a high scoring top 6 side. Eriksen, Firmino and Alli all came in at 8.5 last year iirc, and would have had similar stats.

I think 8.5 is decent value for Sane.

We think prices are mad every year possibly because we're used to our teams with 105 or 106m at the end of last season.

Siggy if he stay at Swansea till launch will I expect be 8 or 8.5

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Eriksen came in at 8.5 last season off the back of 6 goals 16 assists, Alli from 10 and 12. Where is the relative value?

km79 wrote: »
    United player next. My guess is Pogba and I'd expect 8.0/8.5

I'll be all over that
    I expect him to be on pens and frees
    If Pogba stays the same starting price as last season on the back of a 5 goal, 4 assist season, the game has gone completely bonkers.

I'm perfectly fine with the likes of Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Sanchez, Hazard, Lukaku increasing after premium seasons, but that has to be balanced elsewhere.

An overall inflation with the budget remaining the same just makes for a worse off game. Not a less fair game, because the prices are the same for everyone, but still.

Eriksen came in at 8.5 last season off the back of 6 goals 16 assists, Alli from 10 and 12. Where is the relative value?

In nearby twice as many starts. Sane is more nailed than last year, no longer 'new to the PL' risk, he's gone up 0.5m

If Pogba stays the same starting price as last season on the back of a 5 goal, 4 assist season, the game has gone completely bonkers.

I'm perfectly fine with the likes of Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Sanchez, Hazard, Lukaku increasing after premium seasons, but that has to be balanced elsewhere.

An overall inflation with the budget remaining the same just makes for a worse off game. Not a less fair game, because the prices are the same for everyone, but still.

Jeez if he is any less than 8 I'll be delighted

• Advertisement

In nearby twice as many starts. Sane is more nailed than last year, no longer 'new to the PL' risk, he's gone up 0.5m
    I don't think the amount of starts should come into it though. I don't think players should go into premium price categories on the back of what they MIGHT do on the back of a full season, because they had a good end to last season.

There are too many players who had actually great seasons last season and will have to be increasing to be hiking up those who have done enough to show a bit of potential too. Because who makes way then? Are Vardy and Mahrez gonna drop down to 7.5-8 on the basis of having seasons that went the other way? I sincerely doubt it.

You can't have relative one-way traffic in how prices go or by next season we'll be investing double figure sums on Bobby Firmino.

Jeez if he is any less than 8 I'll be delighted
    7.5 seems realistic after a woeful stat season last year. He came in on the back of a huge transfer fee and was priced high as a result. He didn't deliver for his owners and there should go into the potential bargain category for those of us (probably me) who want to take the chance of him having a much improved 2nd season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any idea what day next week the game will launch, lads? It's week commencing 10th July anyway.

Redmond 6.5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Redmond 6.5

Can't see me going near him in the beginning.

Started off with him last year off the back of a good pre season but didn't set the world alight.

Would love if they announced a United played price given I'll be looking at doubling up on defence or getting Pogba or Lukaku in at the right price

Redmond 6.5

Can't see me going near him in the beginning.

Started off with him last year off the back of a good pre season but didn't set the world alight.

Would love if they announced a United played price given I'll be looking at doubling up on defence or getting Pogba or Lukaku in at the right price
    Yeah can't see me going with him either but that probably would have been the same even if he'd stayed at 6.0.

He is defo .5 too dear
    That seems to be a bit of a theme so far
    Budget being raising to 105 ml
    I'm calling that right now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rudiger signs for Chelsea. Should play in the left centre back position. Cahill most at risk now I think as a result

He is defo .5 too dear
    That seems to be a bit of a theme so far
    Budget being raising to 105 ml
    I'm calling that right now

I do think that Redmond getting an increase in the back of his performances last year is cheeky.

CSF, much as I don't want to start the new term arguing with you my friend, i disagree with your last reply. My view would be that player prices are not just based on last year's returns. They are based on what FPL think the player has potential to return this season. So for the likes of Sane, it's valid to take into account his late season returns over his early season when he wasn't starting. Also to take into their stats which might indicate that they have potential for more goals than they got last term etc. Plus thing like the manager - Watford defs may be more expensive given Silva home record. Common sense and general knowledge will also be applied.

E.g. Pogba hit the post about 5 times last season and had great underlying stats. United are almost certainly gonna sign a new DM which could release him to a more attacking role. He has a season of pl under his belt and the price tag pressure eased. I think it'd be a reasonable proposition that he could score better in FPL this year hence I think he'll be at least 8. And would be value at that.

In short I don't this it's as simple and a players goals/assists last year determines their price, and totally disagree that you have to take a full season into account when some factor has changed.

Btw, dunno if it was posted here, Klaasen was announced at 7.5 too, it wasn't tweeted though so may have been missed.

They were going through clubs alphabetically till they skipped Utd today.

• Advertisement

I do think that Redmond getting an increase in the back of his performances last year is cheeky.

CSF, much as I don't want to start the new term arguing with you my friend, i disagree with your last reply. My view would be that player prices are not just based on last year's returns. They are based on what FPL think the player has potential to return this season. So for the likes of Sane, it's valid to take into account his late season returns over his early season when he wasn't starting. Also to take into their stats which might indicate that they have potential for more goals than they got last term etc. Plus thing like the manager - Watford defs may be more expensive given Silva home record. Common sense and general knowledge will also be applied.

E.g. Pogba hit the post about 5 times last season and had great underlying stats. United are almost certainly gonna sign a new DM which could release him to a more attacking role. He has a season of pl under his belt and the price tag pressure eased. I think it'd be a reasonable proposition that he could score better in FPL this year hence I think he'll be at least 8. And would be value at that.

In short I don't this it's as simple and a players goals/assists last year determines their price, and totally disagree that you have to take a full season into account when some factor has changed.

Fine points in a vacuum, but, if you increase the price of everyone who shows any kind of potential (even Redmond has been increased) and price Premier League unknowns like Salah and Lacazette the way they have, how do you maintain any kind of balance? It definitely appears like there will be way more players over the 8 million mark than last year and while the budget remains the same, that has a negative impact on how enjoyable the game is. I certainly don't want to be able to field a front 7 of Sanchez, Hazard, Mané, De Bruyne, Kane, Aguero and Lukaku either but I feel what I have seen so far this year has gone in a negative direction and that's without the list of players who I actually expected to rise even being announced yet.

Do you not feel that a player's value should be relative to the other players in the game (within the confines of the 100 million budget), rather than their own price in previous years? The combined price of the likely starting 11 of each of the 20 teams (220 players basically) shouldn't vary much year on year, but from what I've seen so far this year it is set to fly up. I don't get how that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

How much is tadic lads?

I don't know but what I do know is that he won't be going anywhere near my team this season. The fecker's penalty miss a few months ago cost me a top 10k finish.

Btw, dunno if it was posted here, Klaasen was announced at 7.5 too, it wasn't tweeted though so may have been missed.

They were going through clubs alphabetically till they skipped Utd today.

That's big too right? Putting him in the same price bracket where the likes of Sigurdsson, Coutinho, Walcott, Fabregas and Sterling were last year.

Do people expect those kinds of returns from him?

Paully D wrote: »
    Any idea what day next week the game will launch, lads? It's week commencing 10th July anyway.

My guess is Wednesday. I doubt they'll launch it tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

That's big too right? Putting him in the same price bracket where the likes of Sigurdsson, Coutinho, Walcott, Fabregas and Sterling were last year.

Based on his stats from Ajax he could be good value. Interesting to see how Rooneys arrival impacts him though. Thankfully Everton have a tough start so I'll hold back but will definitely be keeping an eye on both

He had very decent stats in the Dutch league but the Premier League is on a whole other level. I think he's 0.5 too dear but he could do amazing in Koeman's system.

manual_man wrote: »
    Based on his stats from Ajax he could be good value. Interesting to see how Rooneys arrival impacts him though. Thankfully Everton have a tough start so I'll hold back but will definitely be keeping an eye on both

Yeah their tough start should hopefully see him drop a couple of 0.1s in value before their good run starts.

manual_man wrote: »

I mean they'd be decent stats in the Premier League for sure, but those stats are far from astounding in the Eredivisie. What does a goal every 3 games in the Eredivisie translate to in the Premier League really?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Wee Joe Allen at 5.5.

Value there?

Tempting for me

• Advertisement

Wee Joe Allen at 5.5.

Value there?

Tempting for me
    Think that's about what I've had him at. Probably won't have him in my team though. Maybe if he'd stayed at 5 I might have used him as the enabler that allows me rotate between 3-5-2 and 3-4-3.

The way prices are going at the mo though. 5-3-2 might end up being the business.

Advertisement