Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Paladonia wrote: »
    Raoul wrote: »
    Nope. Players stay on each teams roster.

So do playoff teams tend to raid unsuccessful teams, as those teams have little to no incentive to keep their star players?

Nope as trade deadline will be long passed. So those players will be locked to those teams unless they release them.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Anyone any interest in trading?

My team is the 2 Gurleys 1 Cup ;) Hit me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

gerryfed wrote: »
    Anyone any interest in trading?

My team is the 2 Gurleys 1 Cup ;) Hit me up!

It may help to post in the leagues chat? :D

It may help to post in the leagues chat? :D

Thought the league forum might be a reasonable place to post... but noted ;)

gerryfed wrote: »
    Thought the league forum might be a reasonable place to post... but noted ;)

Yeah this is the general thread, which league are you looking to trade in?

• Advertisement

Yeah this is the general thread, which league are you looking to trade in?

Haha sh*t, my bad!!

Too many forums, too many leagues, too little sense...

Back into my cave I go :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Trade question. Julio jones for derek carr and jordy Nelson. Julio owner is only playing consolation ladder but eli is his QB. Two owners are related. Veto or fair? Should never have let trade deadline this late

Alot of newbs in league so have money back for winner of bottom half

Deco99 wrote: »
    Trade question. Julio jones for derek carr and jordy Nelson. Julio owner is only playing consolation ladder but eli is his QB. Two owners are related. Veto or fair? Should never have let trade deadline this late

You definitely can't veto it in my eyes. QB7 & WR5 for WR3. You might not like the trade, or would rather be on a certain side... but definitely not 'veto-able'...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Reeks of collusion! I'd agree with the above poster though, you might not like the trade but probably shouldn't veto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Its not collusion tbf. Def not vetoable. Not a great trade given he has eli but i don't think it collusion. I wouldn't do it but still.

Going to be one of those that is hard to tell whether it is collusion or not. It can certainly reek of it if one team is in the Winners bracket and the other not and the team in the winners bracket is getting the better deal. But without knowing them who knows. If at face value the trade is a decent trade then you can't call it collusion really especially seen as most trade deadlines are usually November 27th so the opportunity to trade is still there even if close to the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

The only thing is, there is a prize for the winner of the consilation bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

Sounds like a dodgy trade to me but its hard to veto at the same time.

gufc21 wrote: »
    The only thing is, there is a prize for the winner of the consilation bracket

Yeah, if there is a prize for this then it is hard to say the trade is unfair.

Yeah, if there is a prize for this then it is hard to say the trade is unfair.

I would agree if that is the case as both have something to fight for in the playoffs. So taking it at face value nothing wrong with the trade really.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

I'm late to the party on this but anyway.... I can't see how it was an unfair trade but even if it was an unfair trade that doesn't mean it should be vetoed.
    If your league does not have a trade deadline then there is no reason to veto it because of timing even if a team has been eliminated from the playoffs.

If the trade is unfair, as in one owner is giving up too much.... This still isn't a reason to veto. Just because you don't like a trade doesn't mean you can veto it. If I'm trading WR1 for the WR25 because I think this week WR25 will hit and WR1 won't and I have my reasons (stupid or not) then you can't veto my trade.

Veto isn't there to control/limit other people's management of their team. Are you going to be willing to go back if the trade doesn't work out as you expect? Say that WR25 does hit, and the WR1 gets a 0... then the owner loses the game and misses out on the playoffs because of it. Are you willing to go back and say, you were right.... We screwed you, here's your money back.

The ONLY reason to veto is if it looks like collusion... So the above example may look like collusion but jumping the gun and vetoing just because you decide you wouldn't like to do the trade or think one owner got a great deal isn't enough.

I'd get rid of veto's completely, if you need to veto in a league it sounds like you need to ditch the league or the players colluding and get a new league.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AdamConnor7

This is coming season will only be my second playing fantasy football on Boards.ie so I'm not sure if this is the right way to propose this but would there be much support for reducing the number of teams in a league? Personally I found that 16 was too much. I think 10 or 12 would be better. Just a thought..

This is coming season will only be my second playing fantasy football on Boards.ie so I'm not sure if this is the right way to propose this but would there be much support for reducing the number of teams in a league? Personally I found that 16 was too much. I think 10 or 12 would be better. Just a thought..
    Probably a bit late. There are 6 or 7 divisions now all comprised of 16 teams. It is tough but most of us are in 2 or 3 leagues and usually this 16 team league offers a different challenge to the other ones. So...stay with the 16 and just get in another smaller one too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

I think 16 works well. If you want to do well you really have to stay on top of your team week in week out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

love the challenge of a 16 man league. Anybody can win on any week really. With smaller leagues it can get very lopsided quickly. With a 16 man league you have to keep on top of your team every week and be wary of bye weeks etc to a far greater extent than in smaller leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Last year was my first year and to be honest I didn't enjoy the 16 man format. It just stretches the talent too thinly. That said, its just the reality of the number of players we've got. There's no real alternative so just need to get on with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

When are we thinking of starting up for this season again??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I love the challenge of a competitive 16 team league. It can involve a lot of scratching around in a thin waiver wire, but the most memorable moments are when you pick up a one-week fill in and he explodes. I still remember starting DuJuan Harris last year for a 20-point haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

12- 14 would be ideal really. You lose a first or second round pick to injury in a 16 man league and its a catastrophe...You are dealing with dregs after round 6

Saying that I did get Matty Ice in Round 12/13 last year so its not all bad ;-)

I am in the Prem and I enjoy the 16 man league. It one of the most competitive leagues I am in and I have been doing for years now. Everyone looks after their teams and fights to the very end. Its not easy at times but enjoyable.

In my opinion we have been doing 16 man leagues for too long now to change and honestly I do think it is one rule that can never be voted on or changed. Keep at 16 man leagues and if you don't like it there are plenty of alternatives etc etc. It is what it is it aint what it aint.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

There is a bit of luck involved in a 16 man league as you can't plan for season ending injuries but it's really competitive.

Last year I missed the draft and I got relegated, the year before I made the draft and lost in the final which kind of shows how important the draft is and how important preparation is.

I'd hate to see it changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Keep it 16 man, after years of it smaller leagues just feel like a constant carousel of the same players being dropped and added on waivers all year with the winner being the one with the most high value ones when the music stops.

Plus, when we voted on rule changes a year or two ago wasn't it one of them we decided to keep?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

What are the rules for the playoffs in the 16man league? There was a bit of confusion in Div7 (not bitter I swear :o). Is it 4*4team divisions and just winners got through?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

4 Division winners and best two runners-up. The runners-up can both be from the same division. Essentially same as NFL rules.

Advertisement