Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Brock Osweiler at NE or Tyrod vs the Cardinals? Don't think either guy will do great but struggling on who to start. Anybody want to offer some advice?

TYrod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Trade offer. Deangelo Williams for theo riddick. Proposed by the riddick owner who has lev bell. Should deangelo owner trade?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What other RB's have you got? Williams value will plummet after week 4 but not sure Riddick is a good enough offer.

adrian522 wrote: »
    What other RB's have you got? Williams value will plummet after week 4 but not sure Riddick is a good enough offer.

CJ and booker as cover. Gurley. Duk johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

I wouldn't bother. Riddick may not be the every down back. Could just be the pass catching back. Dwayne Washington could be the RB. You have all those other guys. Bell could get injured/suspended before the fantasy playoffs and then you have Williams again who is excellent.

• Advertisement

Matt Jones and Spencer Ware for Riddick?

Deco99 wrote: »
    Matt Jones and Spencer Ware for Riddick?

Same argument really. If Charles gets injured again then you have a top 10 Rb there whereas can you really depend on Riddick?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Something that has always quzzuled me. Why do some managers leave an empty bench spot week to week. I see managers dropping a player and not picking up replacement. I understand not using a Waiver claim but surely come Thursday morning picking up a player does not cost you anything and takes a player away from rivals and you could get lucky with a sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Anyone know as a GM is there a way to cancel a trade going through?

jester1980 wrote:
    Anyone know as a GM is there a way to cancel a trade going through?

Can you cancel the trade
    Should be an option to do that prior go it going through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

As far as I'm aware, you can't. Otherwise you could accept trades before a weekend, wait to see if you're coming off better or worse, then decide to cancel it...

I was giving up snead, blount and lacy for Hopkins and ingram, but didnt realize lacy was injured when we did it so don't want to do the lad over, I think the only way is if he keeps his roster full and wont be an available space then.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

jester1980 wrote: »
    I was giving up snead, blount and lacy for Hopkins and ingram, but didnt realize lacy was injured when we did it so don't want to do the lad over, I think the only way is if he keeps his roster full and wont be an available space then.

You're a better man than me so :P

gerryfed wrote: »
    You're a better man than me so :P

HAHA

wow thats some trade
    you were winning on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

You can ask the league or gm to veto the trade.

I am the GM, but couldn't see anywhere to do it, ive asked everyone to veto it, and told the fella to make sure roster full so hopefully its covered.

I am the GM, but couldn't see anywhere to do it, ive asked everyone to veto it, and told the fella to make sure roster full so hopefully its covered.

I think after the trade the GM can just add and remove the players and then add them to other team.

Anyone care to offer an opinion to this other trade problem I posted about in here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056426293&page=4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Why do the waivers clear on Thursday's? Nearly every other league i've played in has always been Wednesday morning. You miss out on the scramble of picking up backups from the waivers when someone gets injured in practice during the week. Like if someone is on the ball and keeps up with FF news and goes to check if the backup to an injured starter is available. But finds he's still on waivers. He may have been a FA. But all the extra time just gives someone with a higher priority the chance to find out about it and scoop him up. Even if not needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Why do the waivers clear on Thursday's? Nearly every other league i've played in has always been Wednesday morning. You miss out on the scramble of picking up backups from the waivers when someone gets injured in practice during the week. Like if someone is on the ball and keeps up with FF news and goes to check if the backup to an injured starter is available. But finds he's still on waivers. He may have been a FA. But all the extra time just gives someone with a higher priority the chance to find out about it and scoop him up. Even if not needed.

Whether Wednesday or Thursday guys would have been picked up by waivers especially in a 16 team league. Any chance of a guy being a FA on the Wednesday or Thursday that will make an impact will be slim to none either way. I don't see the argument for the extra day. I play in both in various leagues with different waiver options and never seen the benefit either way especially in large leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Whether Wednesday or Thursday guys would have been picked up by waivers especially in a 16 team league. Any chance of a guy being a FA on the Wednesday or Thursday that will make an impact will be slim to none either way. I don't see the argument for the extra day. I play in both in various leagues with different waiver options and never seen the benefit either way especially in large leagues.

Not true at all. Especially approaching mid season. I'm in 6 leagues. 3 of them 16 team leagues. And i picked up the backup in all 5 other leagues today minutes after the news broke.

I've also done the same twice in various leagues so far this season after someone got injured in practice on Wednesday. At this stage of the season there are lots of people without the roster space to take a gamble on a flier. Or might have too high a waiver priority and don't want to waste it on them if it's any way risky. So they would rather wait till on FA. Like i am currently doing with my number 1 priority.

Another one is, player gets injured on Tuesday. There is a clear backup and a few people submit waivers. Let's say priority number 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16. All submit on Tuesday. But Thursday morning waiver priority 3 finds out the news and decides to stick the waiver in. That extra day has afforded them the ability to get him despite others being on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

In a competitive league it really doesn't matter where the waiver falls because your chance of getting him is as good as everyone else and there is no competitive edge in either format. It all comes down to how you use your waivers seen as we use the go to the back of the line system and how alert you are with the potential backups. In fact in the Premier League I have yet to see a guy become available as a backup due to injury that has made a massive impact. The reason being the league is so competitive these guys have already been taken a long time ago.

Besides injury reports are fickle at best and you usually find out on a Monday and Tuesday that a guy is carrying an injury from the weekend and then Thursday through Sunday if he is actually playing.

Fantasy Football is a mixture of Skill and luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

TOss Sweep wrote: »

Fantasy Football is a mixture of Skill and luck.

Mostly luck

BKWDR wrote:
    Mostly luck

It's all a game of chance too....
    Skill
    Luck
    Chance
    And Devine intervention

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Decided to drop Davante Adams and then he goes and does that.. :(

Paladonia wrote: »

I share your pain
    I had Leonard Floyd sitting on the bench and Danny Trevethan starting!!!!

apologies: this was in one of my Dynasty IDP leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Only reason I dropped him was because NFL.com had him down as Questionable and because I wasn't staying up to watch it, I didn't take the chance.

Oh well :(

This might be a stupid question, but it's my first year playing FF so bear with me...

When it comes to playoff weeks, are the players on teams who don't make the playoffs free to be picked up by the teams that do?

This might be a stupid question, but it's my first year playing FF so bear with me...

When it comes to playoff weeks, are the players on teams who don't make the playoffs free to be picked up by the teams that do?

Nope. Players stay on each teams roster.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Nope. Players stay on each teams roster.

So do playoff teams tend to raid unsuccessful teams, as those teams have little to no incentive to keep their star players?

Advertisement