Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭garrettod

....No interest in the support.

Can't say there's anyone on the list that appeals to me either tbh.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

Know a few going to this and no one turning up for support-possibly the worst support bands in the history of slane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Will it be busy getting into the campsite Saturday?
    We are thinking of being there for 12noon.
    Never been in slane before so don't know what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭garrettod

Zico ! wrote: »
    Know a few going to this and no one turning up for support-possibly the worst support bands in the history of slane

Probably very cheap, so more profit for G'n'R.

Thanks,

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Zico ! wrote: »

Yeah that's the attitude :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have you even listened to any of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Royal Blood & Mark Lanegan are actually good, still undecided on Otherkin..

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

I have and they are crap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lanegan's new album is savage, Royal Blood are killer live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I'd choose Mark Lanegan over G'n'R any day. I loved his work with Screaming Trees and QOTSA, not to mention a string of great solo albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

XsApollo wrote: »
    Will it be busy getting into the campsite Saturday?
    We are thinking of being there for 12noon.
    Never been in slane before so don't know what to expect.

I will be there sooner, just in case. Want to spend minimum time in the queues.

• Advertisement

Anybody heading to this from Cork? I will be leaving in the morning (6AM the latest) and have 3 spaces in the car.

What's the story with the Golden circle tickets? I have one and just wondering if it will be packed from the beginning. I have a bad feeling if I get in at like 7pm I will be at the edge so might have to get in at beginning to get a got spot in the middle. Anybody been there before at an event with golden circle option?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

What time do we expect Axl Rose to start at? Previous outdoor events have been 7:30 ish

7:31

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

Diabhalta wrote: »
    7:31

Close enough

7:30 surely they wouldn't be on that early? 8:30/8:45 the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    7:30 surely they wouldn't be on that early? 8:30/8:45 the latest.

Curfew at slane is 1030 I think and they play for near on 3 hours

Curfew at slane is 1030 I think and they play for near on 3 hours

I heard it was 11.

Rehearsals are done.

https://twitter.com/DuffMcKagan/status/865758878385831936

Gotta imagine their gear/stage set up will be shipping over this week, if it isn't in the country already.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

I heard it was 11.

Would still make it that they be on at 730 if they are including an encore and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Rehearsals are done.

https://twitter.com/DuffMcKagan/status/865758878385831936

Gotta imagine their gear/stage set up will be shipping over this week, if it isn't in the country already.

I'd say a lot of the gear would be here permanently, at least for Slash anyhow

Metallica for example have 2 identical rigs, 1 based in the U.S, the other based in Europe, so these nice shiny guitars Kirk has, there's 2 of them, saves a FORTUNE in shipping if the band are regularly playing over here

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »

Metallica for example have 2 identical rigs, 1 based in the U.S, the other based in Europe, so these nice shiny guitars Kirk has, there's 2 of them, saves a FORTUNE in shipping if the band are regularly playing over here

Slash's gear being here wouldn't surprise me, given he's such a regular to Ireland when he tours.

Guns had the same thing on the Illusions tour, which from a logistical standpoint makes sense.

Also anyone caught wind of the "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" they've planned for Monday?

Jaysus , 7 days till the boys are on stage.

Are wellies needed at slane?
    What's the ground like up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

XsApollo wrote: »
    Jaysus , 7 days till the boys are on stage.

Are wellies needed at slane?
    What's the ground like up there?
    It'll depend on how the weather is during the week. Ticket master say to bring the wellies or at least be prepared.

Slash's gear being here wouldn't surprise me, given he's such a regular to Ireland when he tours.

Guns had the same thing on the Illusions tour, which from a logistical standpoint makes sense.

Announcement Monday ? No first I've heard of it. Any hint as to what it's about lithium?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It'll depend on how the weather is during the week. Ticket master say to bring the wellies or at least be prepared.

Will have to get a pair so :-P

Guns n Roses Slane Castle 2017

Gates/Stage Times

Gates open: 2pm

Show starts: 3pm

Otherkin, Mark Lanegan, Royal Blood, Guns n’ Roses

**Strictly no queuing permitted before 2pm**

**Times subject to change**

**Important: due to increased security measures, we strongly advise you allow sufficient time in getting to the concert site so please plan to arrive in Slane before at least 5pm**

Important Information

This concert is an outdoor event – it will take place rain, hail or shine. no re-admission allowed to the show.

Please note under 16s must be accompanied by a parent / guardian.

Due to increased security measures, we strongly advise you allow sufficient time in getting into the venue. We strongly advise you plan to arrive in plenty of time to catch support acts and headline act so you have an overall enjoyable day. There will be a strict no alcohol policy implemented on all public transport & private buses travelling to the venue.

Please be advised that relevant authorities will be on duty to monitor and enforce. please do not arrive at the event intoxicated, as you will not be permitted entry.

An Garda Síochána will have a traffic management plan in operation. For full details please check www.garda.ie

Transport

Important: We strongly advise you make use of special transportation arrangements for attending this year’s Slane concert. where possible please use public transport or carpool & please plan your transport based on below information.Please see concert map & ensure you take note of the updated colour coded routes for public transport & car parking. Do not park illegally – towing will be in operation.

Do not park illegally – towing will be in operation.

Dublin bus

Dublin buses depart between 12:00 - 16:00 every 30 mins, from Parnell square west outside the rotunda Dublin, and will return straight after the concert.

Tickets priced only €30 (plus bkg fee) when purchased in advance from Ticketmaster outlets or online: www.ticketmaster.ie

Tel. Dublin bus (01) 873 4222 for information.

Prices will be more expensive on the day.

Marathon Coach

From Dublin to Slane: departure from custom house quay. pick up every half hour from 11.00 until 17.00. Return from Slane directly after concert from Dublin transport hub (closest bus stop to slane castle concert) to custom house quay.

Tickets priced only €25 when purchased in advance or €30 on the day (plus bkg fee) – online www.bushiredublin.net.

Tel. Marathon coaches on (01) 479 0344 for information.

Private Coaches

For details of all other privately operated transport providers servicing the event, please contact your nearest Ticketmaster agent for details or refer to your evntz app. Ulsterbus run services from Belfast & many other towns in northern Ireland.

If you are providing a bus service to Slane concert, please note there is no roadside parking for this event. You must book into one of the dedicated coach parks shown on map:

Blue coach park @ grasslands

Red coach park @ Roadstone

To book your parking please go to http://eventcoachparking.com/gunsnroses.html or if you any additional queries please email transport@mcd.ie

Driving to the event

If driving by car to the event, allow at least 2 hours’ additional travel time for inevitable traffic & parking delays. Plan your route in advance, and check in with a road watch for traffic-related reporting or telephone aa roadwatch 1550 131 811 (premium rates apply)

Please note all car parks are operated independently of the promoter mcd and a car parking charge will apply. please allow for a 20-30-minute walk to the venue.

VIP & accessible customers

VIP & accessible customers are strongly advised they must approach from Navan via n51 to access designated VIP & accessible car parking. Please note: you will only be permitted access to VIP & accessible car park with correct car pass. If you have not yet received yours, please email access@mcd.ie to apply for your relevant car pass.

Taxi drop off and pick up

Please see map for dedicated taxi & drop off and pick up locations.

Essential to please note due to road closures you must return to the relevant pick up location before 10pm. after which time due to road closures Garda will be unable to allow access.

mapslane
    For your Safety

DO BRING...

For your safety, please co-operate with stewards / Gardai. Follow any Loudspeaker announcements.

For yours and the safety of others, please move slowly & quietly when exiting the Concert Site & co-operate with stewards’ directions.

Dress appropriately & always be prepared for the Irish weather. Bring your Wellies!

Note that catering & bar facilities are available inside the venue.

NO ALCOHOL OR FOOD is permitted to be brought into the venue.

Proof of Age is required for the sale of alcohol.

Official Merchandising will be available inside the grounds only.

The concert may be recorded for visual and audio broadcast.

Respect the property & privacy of residents in the vicinity of Slane Village. Patrons are also asked to have consideration for local residents and refrain from anti-social behaviour, such as on-street drinking and urinating, etc.

Patrons are advised to be aware of their own personal safety and security while attending the events

They should ensure the security of personal belongings while en route to & from the venue i.e purses / wallets / tickets / Mobile Phones.

The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to or remove from the venue anyone taking part in antisocial behaviour.

Only bottles of sealed water 500ml or less will be permitted into the arena (caps will be removed before entering the venue) Anyone with dietary enquiries who requires any additional liquids, please email access@mcd.ie and we will be happy to advise.

DO NOT BRING...

Aerosols / Air Horns / Alcohol / Animals (other than registered guide or hearing dogs)

Audio Recorders / Any item which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon

Backpacks or waist packs

Cans / Cameras with a detachable lense or recording equipment

Camping Equipment / Chinese or Sky Lanterns

Food / flagpoles / Fireworks and Flares

Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks. / Glass / GoPro’s

Illegal substances / iPads

Large Umbrellas / Flag Poles / Large chains, spiked bracelet’s or wallet chains / Light Sabers
    Info I got from ticketmaster.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Announcement Monday ? No first I've heard of it. Any hint as to what it's about lithium?

Well going off from I've read on MYGN'R, it's probably more U.S Tour dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hmmmm, just heard from my oldest mate back in the UK who's in the know that GnR are possibly be going to doing a small warm up in Ireland on the Thurs before Slane, this isn't outside the realms of possibility, first gig of a HUGE Euro tour, dust off the cobwebs, make sure all equipment working fine.

Academy on the Thurs perhaps??

;);)

Hmmmm, just heard from my oldest mate back in the UK who's in the know that GnR are possibly be going to doing a small warm up in Ireland on the Thurs before Slane, this isn't outside the realms of possibility, first gig of a HUGE Euro tour, dust off the cobwebs, make sure all equipment working fine.

Academy on the Thurs perhaps??

;);)
    Scudzer don't be doing that.

• Advertisement

Stranger things have happened, and with Guns N' Roses, it's especially true.

Advertisement