Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 211 - Miocic vs dos Santos 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Eddie worked wonders to stay alive there another abysmal performance getting lit up like a christmas tree surviving on toughness aint healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Anyone else reckon Maia takes care of masividal fairly handily?

Ye i can't believe they had Masvidal as fav

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah sure even Eddie admitted it was illegal so surely that's a DQ, intent or not

Herb deemed it an accidental illegal knee though. Thats why it goes down as a no contest.

It's all bullsh*t to be honest. This "one hand down with one knee all four points of contact new rules old rules" nonsense needs to be ended. Either you can knee a guy in the head or not. In a sport that allows so much, this always strikes me as nonsense. Pride rules tbh.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Ye i can't believe they had Masvidal as fav

If Maia gets him down its ova!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Looking at the acca in my account and it's still active but giving the same payout as when the void fight was on it, happy days :D

Did mine on one of the machines so I won't be that lucky should it click

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Feels like a fox card this with Anik on comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

akelly02 wrote: »
    Did mine on one of the machines so I won't be that lucky should it click

Should it come through I'll be clearing the account in case it would change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Gamebred wrote:
    Feels like a fox card this with Anik on comms.

I miss Goldie. Rogan seems less animated since he left as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭MontoAddict

Please let that boring 1D fighter Maia get destroyed and win me a few quid in the process. Please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Please let that boring 1D fighter Maia get destroyed and win me a few quid in the process. Please.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Angry reacts only.

Philistine.

Jack of all trades, master or none is the alternative.

Maia is a master at his one dimension as you put it. Surely thats worthy of recognition? Besides, he hits hard for "just" a BJJ guy. Condit said it felt like he was being hit by a train.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

dos Santos via Submission

No!!!:mad:

I recognise his talent, but I hate watching BJJ.

So many fights have been ruined by this "martial art".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Watch glory so. It's MMA, the most effective arts are king.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Boxing is probably more up your street then, BJJ is a main component of MMA and isnt gonna disappear any time soon. A top BJJ practitioner is as exciting to watch as a knock out fighter if you truly recognise the skill/talent.

The most effective arts are striking. The most boring arts are BJJ and wrestling related.

So many great fights have been destroyed. Sad.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/863579071279706113

This is brilliant everyone wants to fight Ar-tem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

dos Santos via Submission
    <snip>

Mod: No need for that sort of comment..grow up

Donald?

• Advertisement

Dont feed the troll lads.

Oh yeah, I'm a troll for hating BJJ. That's really controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭fitzparker

The most effective arts are striking. The most boring arts are BJJ and wrestling related.

It's in the name MMA.. if you want straight striking then boxing is the sport for you... but i suppose you hate the clinch

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    Dick measuring contest, rogan winning a few tkd comps as an 18 year old and thinks hes an expert not to mention receiving a black belt in bjj off his mates Eddie Bravo and Machado, goes on like hes had 50 fights.
    He's mates with JJ and Eddie because he has trained enough with them to get a black belt. Not the other way around. I'd imagine most blackbelts are somewhat friends with their coaches.
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Do you think ''celebs'' with belt ranks are all legit? you have people like Ashton Kutcher paying for privates and getting purple belts to keep the gravy train coming, nobody knows if Rogan is legit considering hes never competed in BJJ Kron and Tom King have so your guess is as good as mine.
    They's plenty of celeb paying for belts and getting ranked to keep them coming. But I'm not sure if I'd include kutcher. He's been at it years. Many celebs are legit high BJJ ranks.

I think Joe is training years, since before he was ever really a celebrity.

dUHQw.jpg

I hate straight boxing more, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about BJJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Not sure if you lads have discussed this already but the Anik Rogan DC trio just doesn't work. DC won't stfu, Anik is monotone and Rogan sounds fed up. He won't be around for much longer I reckon, Rogan that is.

Branch needs to sort that sorry excuse for a beard out. Jaysus.

Rogan will be gone soon enough hes made massive hints on his podcast about it.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Not sure if you lads have discussed this already but the Anik Rogan DC trio just doesn't work. DC won't stfu, Anik is monotone and Rogan sounds fed up. He won't be around for much longer I reckon, Rogan that is.

The saviour for the UFC commentary team and Joe Rogan would be Mauro Ranallo, perfect replacement for Goldie and more educated than too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭cletus

I hate straight boxing more, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about BJJ.

So what would your ideal combat sport look like

Advertisement