Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

So I rang an agent and they didn't know about the offer and explained she reapplied the credit to my account and it was automatically deducted straight away and got a text to say I was on plan

but when I text offer to 50104 it says I'm on no offer?

checked the dashboard on app and it says I am on the plan

not sure what to think now will leave for a bit and text again later

• Registered Users Posts: 45,324 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

How hard is it to follow the instructions to get this offer!

1 text if you're on a simplicity plan. Two if you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

I got the last simpack of this offer in my local store yesterday, so I'd hurry if you're interested in this deal as I can't see stocks lasting much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I think you'll find this offer won't just disappear if they are also giving it to existing customers. Its only a sim at end of it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

According to there terms and conditions it's for April or while stocks last , just another note the April porting deal can be terminated at any time. And the promo for march has no clause , it seems to be for life .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

family member called earlier to ask me to top them up. I suggested changing to the 20unlimited so I did send the text and heres the gas bit: he had 29 euro credit on the phone as a buffer and I took the 20 euro credit for the month of the new plan.... Anyways, all set up but just be warned if you have the credit on your phone, it could take it straight away to activate the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

castle2012 wrote: »

That Top Line does not mention life time ?

When people are on this march plan when they need to top up by 20 euro online do u just put 20 top up with ur number ?

Still working, confirmed by family member who switched last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I am currently a Meteor customer. I just/ called to switch to this offer & I was told that it'd for new customers only. I am not impressed!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I am currently a Meteor customer. I just/ called to switch to this offer & I was told that it'd for new customers only. I am not impressed!!

Are you currently on payg or bill pay?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Are you currently on payg or bill pay?

payg

payg

Have you tried sending the text to 50104

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103144981&postcount=123

I was afraid it would be for €30 a month then if i did..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I was afraid it would be for €30 a month then if i did..

It'll be for €20 if you text 20unlimited. Plenty there have confirmed it works in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

This worked for me today. Was on the standard 20e/month deal with free calls and 15gb 4G data. Great to now have free texts too!
    :)

Read back over the thread. Myself and others used the text and website. It's as easy as typing this message.

No idea why people are ringing them tbh.

Step 1. Switch to simplicity plan if not on one already. I did this on the website. Click of a button.

Step 2. Text 20unlimited to 50104.

Ignore step 1 if already on simplicity plan.

Total time. 2-3 minutes.

How much is data usage outside the 15gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

How much is data usage outside the 15gb?

Click mobile Internet on

https://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/other-charges/

• Advertisement

Would anyone know does the 15gb of data work in Europe after the regulations come in June ?

Would anyone know does the 15gb of data work in Europe after the regulations come in June ?

Hard to know to be honest, there is talk that like other providers, no one will be offering unlimited data or anything close to it once roaming charges are lifted. Someone over on the three speculated that meteor will be offering 5gb for roaming, if that's the case, I'd be delighted with that amount especially as some seem to thing that most will only offer 1gb of data for roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Meteor advised me that up to 5GB would be for Bill Pay only. You'd need to purchase a roaming add on for data roaming. Seems totally incorrect but they were adamant this would be the case after the June regulations come into effect.

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Meteor advised me that up to 5GB would be for Bill Pay only. You'd need to purchase a roaming add on for data roaming. Seems totally incorrect but they were adamant this would be the case after the June regulations come into effect.
    I think these companies will get big fines after June if the abuse the Eu regulations, had a look at them there they seem to be very clear . Same deal as home

castle2012 wrote: »
    I think these companies will get big fines after June if the abuse the Eu regulations, had a look at them there they seem to be very clear . Same deal as home

Not according to this article they won't

http://m.independent.ie/business/technology/adrian-weckler-were-being-conned-on-roaming-35605670.html

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Tried reading back, but just added layers of confusion.

If I switch to meteor PAYG, top up by €20, and text 20unlimited to 50104

Do I get unlimited calls, texts and 15Gb of Data?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

You need to sign up to the offer, receive the confirmation text that you have signed into the offer, then you top up by 20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Yes but....do it the other way round....text first....then you will receive a text telling you it will become active when you top-up by €20

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Cheers. And is there any specific plan I need to request when I order my sim (online or in store)?

Advertisement