Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

The 'fight' was ludicrous looking, like a first walk through of a stage play. The super meticulous forensics need not even checking for a pulse before going shopping was just inexcusably stupid. Jed Mercurio has made his name on realistic, rigourous procedures in his writing and this scene chucked that all out the window for a cheap shock.

it's tv, not real life. you could argue that the guy panicked and therefore didn't check because of that. it sets up something new in the series that they didn't do before in that the guy who went to the corruption squad now is in the sh1t and will need to try to keep that going - that's new and interesting imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

He did check for a pulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Maybe someone can clear up the ending for me a bit as I was a bit lost on part of it. Why did Tim flick through a folder of evidence after he knocked out Roz and before he went shopping? And what was the bit about him putting on and then taking off immediately again the balaclava before he went into the shop?

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Maybe someone can clear up the ending for me a bit as I was a bit lost on part of it. Why did Tim flick through a folder of evidence after he knocked out Roz and before he went shopping? And what was the bit about him putting on and then taking off immediately again the balaclava before he went into the shop?

guessing that he put the balaclava on to avoid showing up on cameras outside the store. of course it also raises the question could he be the balaclava man? or else he did it to pretend to be the balaclava man. he also showed sighed with relief when he found the balaclava in the bag in his flat.

He did check for a pulse.

he did - you're right.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    guessing that he put the balaclava on to avoid showing up on cameras outside the store.
    Possibly but tbh what would raise more attention - a guy arriving in a balaclava or one in a baseball cap with his head down? :)
    of course it also raises the question could he be the balaclava man? or else he did it to pretend to be the balaclava man. he also showed sighed with relief when he found the balaclava in the bag in his flat.

Yeah that's why I was asking as the same thought struck me but it just seems so unlikely. If he is balaclava man why is he asking for the case to be investigated? Is it that he is craving attention and doesn't like seeing the wrong man getting the credit for his acts so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A nice twist by having a cop transferred onto the case there who knows the undercover is an undercover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Roz husband balaclava man you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Roz husband balaclava man you never know.

There is definitely something off about him!

Good show so far but I am struggling a bit to join the dots. What exactly is the history between Roz and Tim? There seems to be a lot more between them that we haven't seen yet. Roz is certainly taking a lot of chances - is it really that easy to tamper with evidence though? Must admit I'm surprised it's as easy as knowing the code to enter the room and distract the guard for a few minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

Aaaaaa all the scientific mistakes last night drove me potty!! :angry:
    Tried to ignore them but I couldn't so I have to vent.........................
    - There is no way in hell you can just change the number on an evidence bag with out signing to show who made the change, that would be a huge red flag to the forensic scientist who received it for analysis
    - You can't just open a a "tamper evident" evidence bag with out signing it either. Again it shows that it's been opened and the forensic scientist would see this and flag it, not just drive on with the tests. 
    - Forensic non-shed tyvec suits are non-shed for a reason so how did they find fibers on Ifield and then why did no-one question why he was wearing it in the first place?
    - How did Roz know the password to the hyper vigilant security geek Ifields laptop? 
    - No restrictions or locks or security codes or cameras on the forensics holding fridge, you can just open it and work way....really??   

I know it's not a sciency show but still that's too many mistakes for one episode. But I won't give up on it just yet, I'm hoping that some of these errors might come back to bite Roz on the arse yet. I'll give it one or two more episodes to be sure but if they throw in more unbelievable stuff then I'll have to switch off.*
    *I will of course keep track on line to see who dunnit though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ And while we're at it.. I'm not sure they're even in a real spaceship in Star Trek! :pac:

This show has always been ridiculous and they will often bend (and often downright break) certain real life conventions to suit storylines.

Can't say it makes it any less enjoyable IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Loved Season 1,2 and 3.

This one is good, just a bit too far fetched so far.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'd say his laptop had a fingerprint scanner...

not too bad an episode. I hope that they can keep a good momentum going in this season - I have found that to be a problem a bit before - e.g. I thought season 2 dragged a fair bit at times - there were about 3 episodes in a row where it was just Keeley Hawes being interviewed and not a huge amount else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I like how they've done Vicky McClure's hair, simply tied back in a bun. In a lot if cop shows the girl detectives look like they just stepped out of a Peter Mark salon.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fcuk!

Now a week to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fcuk!

Now a week to wait.
    Jaysus, can't have survived that surely..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Fastest hour of tv ever......omfg!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

omg omg Foooocccckkk siiihhttt omg omg a week. don't take the effin lift.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

cjmcork wrote: »
    Fastest hour of tv ever......omfg!

They just released a two min behind the scenes on twitter....I knew Martin C was Scottish but assumed he'd lost his accent......mother of god his accent is thicker than Billy Connolly's......I'm at Stringer Bell is English level shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Don't think it's as good as previous seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭feardeas

Enjoying it, bit of a slow burner. What I always loved were the long interrogation scenes by AC12. Especially where they just line it all up although they usually come later in the series.

Steve must be dead surely, certainly Martin Compton's tweet suggests it and nobody could have survived that surely.

Not sure it's necessarily the husband, we were shown the number he rang a few times. Anyway looking forward to next week but will miss Arnott if he's gone to the big AC in the sky.

Surely one of the best bits was the new guy dismissing the idea of having a thing with witnesses, Arnot's face was priceless mix of pratt/no idea what you're missing mate.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

All the time spent the showing Roz tending to her scratched arm and nary a mention of the HUGE GAPING GASH in the back of her head?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Folk never saw the previous series. Is it worth watching them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Dovies wrote: »

Yes definitely. Series one,two and three are way better than series four in my opinion.

Series two and series three are two things on tv that I would highly recommend.
    Series one is also good but you should watch season one in order to keep up with the story line for season two and three.

I watched the older series last year on netflix.

so it looks like
    he's dead - if you look on imdb, Martin C has credits for 20 shows, where Vicky M and Adrian D have credit for 23.......:(

is the husband balaclava man or is it misdirection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

is the husband balaclava man or is it misdirection?

Husband appears to be balaclava man. I would say Roz suspects this to be the case too and is trying to frame others and put the cops off the scent. Just how this fits into the overall conspiracy remains to be seen. Like previous seasons it started slow but is building momentum nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Dovies wrote: »

To understand the big picture, yes.

Advertisement