Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Husband appears to be balaclava man.
    I don't think so.. too obvious only half way through series.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The cop's husband is the killer had been done to death at this stage. We've no idea how Roz overpowered Tim from where she was but if her husband helped then their conversation at home about where she was makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Well I did say "appears to be balaclava man". Its not clear who it is, but she may believe its him. That's the way its been presented so far. It would explain her attempts to frame others.

There is no way he helped her overpower Tim. Why the conversation is right but also why the need to hide her arm injury.

Its possible someone helped her, but it can't have been the husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AC-12 officer
    murdered (maybe?)
    on the way to see her husband I can't wait to see that AC-12 interview when they bring her in for questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

To understand the big picture, yes.

Started Season 1 last night - watched 3 episodes! Would have watched more but had to go to bed! Will finish it over the weekend. Cheers folks. Hooked!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Good show

Every conversation seems to have some mention of rank or pulling rank,it's comical.

DS this and DCI that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It's kinda hard to see the show going on without Steve, if he's dead. He's always the driving force behind the investigations and interviews. Certainly be interesting to see where it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Cina wrote: »
    It's kinda hard to see the show going on without Steve, if he's dead. He's always the driving force behind the investigations and interviews. Certainly be interesting to see where it's going.

Agreed,can't imagine who will take the role of the dogged investigator-big shoes to fill...can't imagine it being the newbie(I'm assuming Kate will stay undercover...)
    Can't wait to see next episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Just caught up on the ep.., Jaysus, can't believe that ending.... Looks like he's dead alright... Shame. He was super irritating at the start but i really quite enjoy him in it...

What i was thinking re the husband was, when he asked her was she seeing another man she had this long contemplative stare and then told him about AC-12...
    My guess is like others said, she suspects it's him...
    Her husband followed her when she left the house. She said she was going to work, but sneaks off to a private apartment... Then ages later he sees her rushing away from the apartment distressed and he goes to the apartment and finds yer man with his fingers cut off and kills him - thinking there was something going on with him and roz.... ( doesn't really make sense tho)
    Hmmmm.... Like, she must have been the one to cut off his fingers cause he scratched her... She possibly doesn't know the husband was there....

Someone asked about Tim putting on balaclava etc... Based on his assumption there was now going to be another body (Roz's) he referred to the files & dressed up like balaclava man to prove that it wasn't Michael Farmer... as in, he couldn't be balaclava man, he's in prison....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Hahaha, Yeah, I woke up this morning thinking, "wait a minute, that doesn't make sense" hahaha...
    Yeah, why would she cut his fingers off and take his stuff unless she knew he was dead... So maybe it wasn't the husband... She must have killed him alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

No doubt I'm over analysing at this point but Hastings introduced Jamie to Steve as James. Some hint to a connection with Jimmy Lakewell??

No doubt I'm over analysing at this point but Hastings introduced Jamie to Steve as James. Some hint to a connection with Jimmy Lakewell??

Yeah, I instinctively thought was there some connection. Esp when it was parallelled with yer woman in a panic over the fact that she discovered the car was the husbands.... It seemed nearly like that info was going to slip into his hands and not be dealt with properly.
    And given that Steve visited the husband, he called Jimmy straight away afterward and all of a sudden Jamie showed up... Strings being pulled....?

OK something else.

Roz was about to send a text during one of the interrogations of a witness, the female witness who said she was attacked by Michael Farmer. It was something along the lines of "I want out" or something. I forget exactly. It was a bit like the text Cotton sent at the end of series 3. So any ideas about this? Is she part of something bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

OK something else.

Roz was about to send a text during one of the interrogations of a witness, the female witness who said she was attacked by Michael Farmer. It was something along the lines of "I want out" or something. I forget exactly. It was a bit like the text Cotton sent at the end of series 3. So any ideas about this? Is she part of something bigger?

Yeah thats right but was it not "I'm coming in"?

I thought that was when she was keeping an eye on Kate.... Yer woman was freaking out about having to go to court and Roz thought that Kate wasn't going to be able to reign her back in.... She was going to come in and take over.... but Kate calmed her down and got her to agree to testify in court. So she didn't send the text.

HiGlo wrote: »
    I thought that was when she was keeping an eye on Kate.... Yer woman was freaking out about having to go to court and Roz thought that Kate wasn't going to be able to reign her back in.... She was going to come in and take over.... but Kate calmed her down and got her to agree to testify in court. So she didn't send the text.

Ah ok, that's probably what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Wait, what ...eh? Bloody hell

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

A fine example by Roz on how to turn everything to your favour - everyone looks guilty now except for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Another brilliant interview scene, great watching Huntley turn the tables.

I wonder what Maneet is up to?

Poor 'James'

https://twitter.com/BBCOne/status/853713533816758276

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Was it just me, or was there a few strange eye-contact moments in that? Roz's hubby and the new copper James, James and Maneet? A little bit too long eye contact going on.

They can't turn Maneet bad? Hoping she and Hilton are working together to bring Roz down!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Also my favourite moment , the Ian Paisley reference 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

heyjude88 wrote: »

that's what I thought was said but wasn't sure.

didn't think Arnot would survive after last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

heyjude88 wrote: »

Missed that what was it

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pbbuster

To understand the big picture, yes.

Season 3 was outstanding but to follow you would have need to have seen one and two, one and two on Netflix

ehhhh, they shouldn't have
    given Steve such horrific looking injuries if they were going to have him survive.....! In any other tv show/movie that character would be dead....
    I suppose it was just about shock factor..

Yeah, I'm hoping that Hilton realised that
    Roz had played him and so contacted Maneet to pull some info that will help bring her down. Maybe he sussed her arm thing and asked for medical records or something.

I laughed out loud at the Ian Paisley reference!! hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Watched season 1 and 2 over the weekend so thanks folks. Into season 3 now but realised we have seen some of it somehow! Anyway will keep going with it just in case we didn't watch it all. Brilliant writing in all 4 seasons but can no one keep their pants on ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Spoilers guys!. I must remember to check for new episodes before I open this thread. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭volchitsa

kala85 wrote: »
    Missed that what was it

The suspect's lawyer told Ted/Adrian Dunbar who was being quite threatening to "dial down the Ian Paisley tone" OWTTE. Very apt anyway - certainly made me laugh out loud, and I'm from NI.

• Advertisement

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Spoilers guys!. I must remember to check for new episodes before I open this thread. :(

Sorry!!! :o Other people had mentioned stuff so I thought they weren't required.... I was gonna go back and edit, but for some reason the option to Edit isn't there now.... :confused:

Advertisement