Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was fun watching Roz turn the tables - very clever writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Mr E wrote: »
    That was fun watching Roz turn the tables - very clever writing.

It was well done, wasn't it? And I thought it showed what a good actress (are we meant to call them all actors now?) Thandi Newton is - she deadpanned the turnaround so effectively, you almost missed it coming. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Aaaaaa all the scientific mistakes last night drove me potty!! :angry:
    Tried to ignore them but I couldn't so I have to vent.........................
    - There is no way in hell you can just change the number on an evidence bag with out signing to show who made the change, that would be a huge red flag to the forensic scientist who received it for analysis
    - You can't just open a a "tamper evident" evidence bag with out signing it either. Again it shows that it's been opened and the forensic scientist would see this and flag it, not just drive on with the tests. 
    - Forensic non-shed tyvec suits are non-shed for a reason so how did they find fibers on Ifield and then why did no-one question why he was wearing it in the first place?
    - How did Roz know the password to the hyper vigilant security geek Ifields laptop? 
    - No restrictions or locks or security codes or cameras on the forensics holding fridge, you can just open it and work way....really??   

I know it's not a sciency show but still that's too many mistakes for one episode. But I won't give up on it just yet, I'm hoping that some of these errors might come back to bite Roz on the arse yet. I'll give it one or two more episodes to be sure but if they throw in more unbelievable stuff then I'll have to switch off.*
    *I will of course keep track on line to see who dunnit though ;)

One of those isn't a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Just finished season 3 - absolutely brilliant. The last episode was the shorted 90 minutes ever! Cannot understand how we never knew this was on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

theory time - re-watching Season 3 - Dot said his ex wife was in forensics..........that forensics guy in S4 is getting facetime.......that's my only theory so far...........

btw, @TedHastingsAC12 is good for a laugh on twitter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭caze

Season 3 was pure class alright, looking forward to this tonight, can't believe Maneet, the little sneak, but always knew Hilton was a slimy git!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,316 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can't believe the last episode of this season is next week.

I really can't see them wrapping up this storyline in two episodes it will feel rushed if they do.

next week is 90 minutes long!!!

sad to say am in bed watching last week's ep - going to be all comfy for 9pm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Lakewell's gotta be balaclava man..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

cjmcork wrote: »
    next week is 90 minutes long!!!
    !!!

Where did you hear that.

According to DigiGuide Line of Duty is on at 9pm followed by the News at 10pm.

• Advertisement

Jays us...even with one hand she's planting evidence .....

• Registered Users Posts: 60,316 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Damm next week is going to be a cracker fella.

brian_t wrote: »
    Where did you hear that.

According to DigiGuide Line of Duty is on at 9pm followed by the News at 10pm.
    the sky schedule for next week

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Lakewell's gotta be balaclava man..

I agree - he was the only person that dope of a husband rang when he heard AC12 were on the way

Is the.clown that gave Hastings the bollocking not the same rank as him??

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Is the.clown that gave Hastings the bollocking not the same rank as him??

Hilton with a H.........I think he's higher............Dot was seconded to AC12 from AC9 by the fella in S2 - the Scottish guy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Hastings is superintendent, Hilton is chief super.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

i'm guessing they'll wrap up the whodunnit next week, but keep the dodgy cop thread going by not fully revealing if Roz is another Gates type situation.... or if she is full on dodgy. And I reckon they'll keep the uncertainty about Hastings going....

I really love how they tie in loose strands from other series...

Lakewell seems a bit too white collar to be a balaclava wearing baseball bat thug so maybe he called someone to get them to Huntleys office.
    If they tie Lakewell in with the dodgy gangland dudes from series 1 and the network of corrupt police that'd work...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Damm next week is going to be a cracker fella.

Thats right, darlin'

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

"Now we're suckin diesel!"

Our neighbour's across the water must be WTF'ing at Ted's expressions :)

• Advertisement

This season of line of duty has gone all Richard Kimble one-armed person and barmy in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭caze

Yeah no way this is all going to be resolved next week, it will drag into the next series.
    I wonder what Hilton had on Maneet, she seemed to be doing his dirty business under duress. I don't think Hastings is dodgy, but dont believe it's Hilton either, he doesn't seem the master criminal mind type. So interesting to see how that plays out, trying to think who else might be the mysterious "H" from previous series

That Jodie one is so far up Roz's ass, she will get some hop when it all comes out. Thandie Newton has been excellent in this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

'Listen here Ironside' lol
    Im away next weekend so my bloody husband had better not watch it without me or he will be sleeping in his car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Line Of Duty have said several times on twitter that it's a standard 60 minute episode for the finale (not 90 minutes)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ironside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I definitely think its Hilton thats the dodgy one, why was he so keen on getting the final statement from Dot from AC12 - he needed to protect himself.
    I'm gutted Maneet is handing over the information to him, I took a real shine to her, while the other are gallivanting all over the place, shes in the office doing proper investigative work and uncovering all sorts of interesting stuff.

Do you think we won't know who Balaclava Man is this series, they may not concentrate on that and do another series out of it?

The whole series is definitely the most exciting TV I've seen in a long time, can't wait for the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

biZrb wrote: »
    I definitely think its Hilton thats the dodgy one, why was he so keen on getting the final statement from Dot from AC12 - he needed to protect himself.
    I'm gutted Maneet is handing over the information to him, I took a real shine to her, while the other are gallivanting all over the place, shes in the office doing proper investigative work and uncovering all sorts of interesting stuff.

Do you think we won't know who Balaclava Man is this series, they may not concentrate on that and do another series out of it?

The whole series is definitely the most exciting TV I've seen in a long time, can't wait for the finale.

Hilton looked so shifty as soon as they mentioned the previous case that I think it's certain he's involved in dodgy dealings (above and beyond his baseline sleaziness)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Jamie should have been fired outright for giving away his password on a post it. He should be locked away for his own safety even, the clown.
    And whatever bright spark gave a clueless noob full access to highly sensitive material should be transferred to Middlesboro.

Watertight security, son, my pasty Irish arse.

Speaking of which, the tablet in the safe... Even ignoring that he would have had to transfer it via a PC from the USB stick, it's still on the bloody network at AC12!

Good old episode nonetheless.

H - Hargreaves (from Season 2)?

also yip on the 60 minutes - I could swear that it was 90 - on the bible ;-)

also - anyone noticed they only cite a few stations - they were bringing Huntley's husband to Fourth Street (Denton's old station) - Polk is the station that the Scottish guy worked in before (I think it's where he met Denton).......and Polk is the station Huntley is in now (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

cjmcork wrote: »
    H - Hargreaves (from Season 2)?

I think you've nailed it. I was binge rewatching last week and Hargreaves was hostile and uncooperative at every turn. Struck me as a man playing the fool rather than a fool.

Advertisement